Home

2K Does Just Enough to Destroy MyCareer...

This is a discussion on 2K Does Just Enough to Destroy MyCareer... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2018, 08:30 AM   #25
MVP

Jrocc23's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulletproof86
I dont know what the point of discussion here?!
If the HOF CPU is to OP for you then try All Star or even Pro to get the feeling for this game.
Im playing on All Star and this is enough for me. Sometimes it is a close game sometimes its a blow out...like it should be.
Every Player or Team have a good and a bad day.

I think it’s pretty simple. From what I’ve read, nobody is really saying HOF is too hard or anything. The thing is the shots go in too much and that’s on every difficulty. Just a little crazier on HOF. TBH, HOF was actually harder last year, this year it just seems harder because the defense is stickier. But you can find ways around that. I average more points and assist than I did last year.

As I was progressing my dude, I went through each difficulty to see how they were. Pro and All-Star is way too easy. I feel most people that is pretty good at MyCareer will blow majority of the teams out on those difficulties by 20+.

You’re right. Every team can have those types of days but it’s pretty obvious the shot success is very high. If someone is open or gets a lightly contested shot, you can almost book it’s going in for the opposing cpu and my cpu. That’s the only issue. It makes the game a lot more boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NBA 2K11
XtremeXplicit Crew
Ranked

Check us out: http://www.youtube.com/jroccdagameboy

Last edited by Jrocc23; 09-18-2018 at 09:27 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2018, 09:24 AM   #26
Rookie

dsj914's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrocc23
I think it’s pretty simple. From what I’ve read, nobody is really saying HOF is too hard or anything. The thing is the shots go in too much and that’s on every difficulty. Just a little crazier on HOF.

As I was progressing my dude, I went through each difficulty to see how they were. Pro and All-Star is way too easy. I feel most people that is pretty good at MyCareer will blow majority of the teams out on those difficulties by 20+.

You’re right. Every team can have those types of days but it’s pretty obvious the shot success is very high. If someone is open or gets a lightly contested shot, you can almost book it’s going in for the opposing cpu and my cpu. That’s the only issue. It makes the game a lot more boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You nailed it...

I’m not complaining about the difficulty. It’s still too easy for me. It’s the poorly made rosters, horrible cpu teammate tendencies on offense and defense (just another add, my bigs will constantly post up low behind me, when I post on the wing as SF) and unrealistic FG% that makes the game very boring and hard to play.

It’s not the grind that stops people from hitting 99, it’s the poor gameplay and mechanics that cause good players to lose interest after a week. My dude would be a 95 right now if cpu gameplay was better, but I had to start playing Park after I hit 92 because MyCareer was so painful it felt like a second job.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

https://youtu.be/sQfoftLjVag

Enjoy!
Old 09-18-2018, 09:28 AM   #27
Rookie

dsj914's Arena

Re: 2K Does Just Enough to Destroy MyCareer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yesh2k
Probably best not to have too many feelings about a mode you don't care for?

And just so your comical question doesn’t go unanswered, I said I don’t care about my cpu teammates and a useless chemistry grade. If I didn’t care for MyCareer I wouldn’t have posted anything.

Enjoy!
Old 09-19-2018, 10:02 AM   #28
Rookie

dsj914's Arena

Props to 2K... I see they changed dodgeball to 7:15pm EST so most people will actually be able to play it.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports

Enjoy!
Old 09-21-2018, 03:39 PM   #29
Rookie

MoodMuzik's Arena

OVR: 0

You can't blame 2k for other people's choice of build.

You can't blame 2k for other people's type of play.

You can be a 90ovr after just over 1 season? That's a complaint?

Sorry man I don't follow the majority of your complaints when many of them don't center around the actual game.

Sorry for being a "2k lover" which is I guess an insult? But it's usually thrown at people who make pretty well thought out responses, so idk
Old 09-21-2018, 03:50 PM   #30
Rookie

dsj914's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodMuzik
You can't blame 2k for other people's choice of build.

You can't blame 2k for other people's type of play.

Sorry man I don't follow the majority of your complaints when many of them don't center around the actual game.

Sorry for being a "2k lover" which is I guess an insult? But it's usually thrown at people who make pretty well thought out responses, so idk

You are right, I can’t blame 2K for other’s builds and style of play, but I can certainly blame 2K for allowing cheese to still exist in the game especially when they hyped up how skill would matter this year.

Maybe skill to developers is mastering the fadeaway release because that’s 95% of Park. If you’re enjoying it, then that’s all that matters.

I just had higher expectations...

Enjoy!
Old 09-21-2018, 05:44 PM   #31
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodMuzik
You can't blame 2k for other people's choice of build. Sure I can. If you nerf certain builds than you leave people who want to have an enjoyable experience with one choice. choose one of the other builds that work well.

You can't blame 2k for other people's type of play. Yes I can.
People only cheese because it works. If it stopped working they woudl stop trying it. It's not rocket science. Make a game more so based on actual nba basketball than a game based on over the top dribbles and silly shots. Then you would get people to play accordingly.

Sorry man I don't follow the majority of your complaints when many of them don't center around the actual game.I aint buying it. you know exactly what that other poster is saying. You just dont LIKE what he's saying since it's the opposite of what you think. I dont think you're a 2k lover. I think you are one of those park players he mentioned which is why you feel some type of way. And thats fine, you chose to roll with the punches and choose a cheese build where you can cheese and have a good time. thats your choice, its your game, you dropped the cash on it, no one should tell you how to play YOUR game. But we can as fans of the actual sport be able to tell a gaming company that keeps telling us they are trying to make it realistic when its not any where near real and in certain aspects its becoming more and more arcade like

See red replies
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 06:44 PM   #32
Rookie

dsj914's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
See red replies

Lol

It’s blatantly obvious to anyone that plays the game. Again, I get the business decision and as I mentioned in any thread I started, of course they will reward bad shots because shooting attributes generate the most VC revenue.

They can keep the crappy arcade parks for the cheese heads but just make one court for realistic sim style park basketball. Just 50/50 sliders, slashers finishing at the rim, post scorers dominating guards and sharps out running bigs with off ball screens.

I’ll cease to rip on 2K, but until then this mode is poo.

Enjoy!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »