Home

NBA 2k19 Park Mode

This is a discussion on NBA 2k19 Park Mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2018, 01:38 PM   #25
MVP

Thetruth9012's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k19 Park Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarch 420
Never claimed it was easy. Is it suppose to be?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Well they dont doing anything that requires any kind of skill and you need to fight for your life for 24s....

Wysłane z mojego Redmi 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Bigs can cover to much ground on defense(they are too fast)

Late contest on laups matter too much.

Random blocks doing pumpfakes.

Leaning shots for guys who have catch and shoot badge should be removed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 01:52 PM   #26
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thetruth9012
Well they dont doing anything that requires any kind of skill and you need to fight for your life for 24s....

Wysłane z mojego Redmi 5 przy użyciu Tapatalka
Let me understand: "they" have "no skill", you know exactly what they are doing/going to do, but still can't contest the shot? Yeah, that's definitely a game fault...

Old 09-21-2018, 02:03 PM   #27
Rookie

dsj914's Arena

OVR: 1
NBA 2k19 Park Mode

Quote:
Let me understand: "they" have "no skill", you know exactly what they are doing/going to do, but still can't contest the shot? Yeah, that's definitely a game fault...

I’m hoping you don’t own the game, otherwise I’m inclined to believe you are one of these cheese heads.

Yes you can know exactly what they are going to do, struggle to contest it or actually contest it and it still goes in. Due to screen animations or just simply the type of build that is made, you cannot stop it. I have a 92 ovr 6’9 258 pound wing that I cannot use in Park because I’m going to guard a 6’3 175 pound 85 or under ovr guard. In real life, the guard would quit playing or foul every possession due to the mismatch. (imagine Trey Young playing LeBron James) On 2K, the guard can just zig and zag and shoot fadeaways because 88 speed with ball will always beat 78 speed without ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

https://youtu.be/sQfoftLjVag

Enjoy!
Old 09-21-2018, 02:26 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsj914
I’m hoping you don’t own the game, otherwise I’m inclined to believe you are one of these cheese heads.

Yes you can know exactly what they are going to do, struggle to contest it or actually contest it and it still goes in. Due to screen animations or just simply the type of build that is made, you cannot stop it. I have a 92 ovr 6’9 258 pound wing that I cannot use in Park because I’m going to guard a 6’3 175 pound 85 or under ovr guard. In real life, the guard would quit playing or foul every possession due to the mismatch. (imagine Trey Young playing LeBron James) On 2K, the guard can just zig and zag and shoot fadeaways because 88 speed with ball will always beat 78 speed without ball.

So your 258 (!) pound 6'9 sf having trouble to keep up with 6'3 lightweight guard? Who would have thought...

And lets not get into assuming things about ppl we dont know...

Last edited by Monarch 420; 09-21-2018 at 02:28 PM.
Old 09-21-2018, 03:00 PM   #29
Rookie

dsj914's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
So your 258 (!) pound 6'9 sf having trouble to keep up with 6'3 lightweight guard? Who would have thought...

And lets not get into assuming things about ppl we dont know...

This guy...

Actually I misspoke - I can’t keep up with the guard due to latency issues and gameplay that causes you to slide across the court. The CPU does quite fine because they are immune to online cheese. When a teammate who is guarding cheese lags out, my team has a 95% chance of winning because that’s the only way cheese heads can score and the CPU just laughs at them.

Since it sounds like you understand physics, the issue is that my 258 pounder doesn’t get the same advantage when he posts up and plays in the paint because standing layups are terrible online while fadeaway greens are easier than (insert whatever dirty joke you would like here).

I’m not going to argue with you over opinions. In my opinion, online gameplay is poo and catered to guys with no skill who take advantage of badges and poor coding. If it’s enjoyable to you, I guess that’s all that really matters.

https://youtu.be/sQfoftLjVag

Enjoy!
Old 09-21-2018, 03:14 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsj914
This guy...

Actually I misspoke - I can’t keep up with the guard due to latency issues and gameplay that causes you to slide across the court. The CPU does quite fine because they are immune to online cheese. When a teammate who is guarding cheese lags out, my team has a 95% chance of winning because that’s the only way cheese heads can score and the CPU just laughs at them.

Since it sounds like you understand physics, the issue is that my 258 pounder doesn’t get the same advantage when he posts up and plays in the paint because standing layups are terrible online while fadeaway greens are easier than (insert whatever dirty joke you would like here).

I’m not going to argue with you over opinions. In my opinion, online gameplay is poo and catered to guys with no skill who take advantage of badges and poor coding. If it’s enjoyable to you, I guess that’s all that really matters.

I did not, actually, stated an opinion, nor did i said one single thing about my personal enjoyment of the game.

If it takes no skill to play online, im guessing you doing great, and that is nice to hear.

Since i can't really understand what is it you actually saying, and that is my bad, i can only say i hope you will have (even) better luck with your 6'9 258 pounder playing in the post in the future.

Old 09-21-2018, 03:27 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Never claimed it was easy. Is it suppose to be?

Well you said "avoid contact" "dont fall for their tactics" Im saying its an invisible field around other players that locks you up and you get stuck.

So yes if you are avoiding contact it should be that easy, unfortunately its other forces thats aiding them and not the defense

Last edited by JUSTlFIED; 09-21-2018 at 03:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2018, 03:37 PM   #32
MVP

Why are you guys fighting over this crap?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »