Home

2k20: Can we finally separate MyCareer from the online modes? And improve online mode

This is a discussion on 2k20: Can we finally separate MyCareer from the online modes? And improve online mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2018, 12:27 AM   #9
Pro

triplechin's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: 2k20: Can we finally separate MyCareer from the online modes? And improve online

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
I can understand wanting a completely offline MyCareer experience where you never have to venture out into the neighborhood and you do everything in menus (like we had last gen). That'd be great. But requesting they make essentially two separate Neighborhoods for the 5% of people who want a "sim" MyCareer experience AND have them balance each mode separately is something that'll never happen. There just isn't enough of a demand for it.

I think the most you could ever expect is to get one court, called "Sim Court" where you have to play actual basketball with your stuff from the NBA side you unlock. But that's probably it and I doubt it'd be very populated.
Having a "Sim" Park might be a reach, but I think a Sim ProAM mode is definitely in demand (or at least I hope so)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
lol the combine I meant was the one from 2k17, you had to qualify to be in it, but it's basically pro-AM with preset builds, which was intended for balance
Yeah I would be real down for that. Combine with custom teams and stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dregos
No. This will never happen because VC profits would drop.
Unfortunately the most likely truth. They could find a way to monetize it still but the miserable beginning is a huge driver of VC I'm sure. But if players complained and demanded better treatment it would be a great starting point.

FRANCHISE OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

PROGRESSION OVERHAULED
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...verhauled.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »