Home

Why is this game so laggy online?

This is a discussion on Why is this game so laggy online? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2018, 10:45 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Why is this game so laggy online?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Bruce Wayne
How fast is everyone's internet? I'm at 400mpbs

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Fast doesn't mean a thing in online gaming. The important measures are the line qualities, server distance, ping rates, bufferbloat and such, 10mbit down, 2mbit up is more than enough for online gaming.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2018, 11:49 AM   #26
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Fast doesn't mean a thing in online gaming. The important measures are the line qualities, server distance, ping rates, bufferbloat and such, 10mbit down, 2mbit up is more than enough for online gaming.
Exactly. I don't have some crazy mega FBI level internet speeds, but it's pretty good. 2K is literally the only reason I had to invest in another ethernet cord. ALL of my other games support smooth online play with just my WiFi connection. Fortnite, COD, Madden, Live, Far Cry 5, GTA V, etc. I have to hard line my Xbox just to have a chance at that in 2K.

I haven't had issues like this since the host migration days of old Modern Warfare games.
Old 09-26-2018, 06:42 PM   #27
MVP

Black Bruce Wayne's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
Fact internet does help though. I had to get the fastest

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 12-13-2018, 11:10 AM   #28
Rookie

danieloqb's Arena

Me and some friends bought the game, but we are from Brazil.

We have about 1 second delay because of the lack of servers here.

I actually have a decent record with my center, but my friends are shooting 25% from 3 because they need to release the button before the bar appear.

I never tried a shot with my center, just dunks and layups.

I played some games in US servers before and it wasn't that laggy. Some of my friends are having 2 second delay, they receive the ball and they just stop for a moment to try to do a move.
Old 12-13-2018, 07:59 PM   #29
Rookie

All next gen 2k's have had horrible online experiences. The best experience i've ever had with responsiveness and tightness online was last gens 2k13-14. It wasn't exactly the same as offline but boy was it close.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:59 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by GudStuffzz
All next gen 2k's have had horrible online experiences. The best experience i've ever had with responsiveness and tightness online was last gens 2k13-14. It wasn't exactly the same as offline but boy was it close.
Overall current gen games on PS4 especially as i just know that console only are experiencing a tremendous amount of online server problems that affect gameplay tremendously. It's sad, it's true; but 2K does have a lot more issues than the others i can confirm.

The overall gameplay experience whether online or offline is off. If i get to play on a good server, the game plays absolutely amazing but general it's not the case.

I also remeber that old gen the gameplay online/offline were a lot tighter and the feeling was whole lot better, there was only some input lag problems which you could get used as it was a standard,too but now things changed, sometimes you play a game where it's 2x speed and then there is rubberbanding all over and then there is super slow gameplay and then and then and then the list goes on..
Old 12-14-2018, 08:09 AM   #31
Pro

blk5tar5's Arena

There was some articles i read that 2K is using Amazon Web Servers which is cloud servers to connect people to play online hence the bad lag were getting?

This is not the future 2K but as business i know where you want to cut corners to maximize your profit margins because it's all about the money. But the service you're providing for online is straight up $h!t!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2018, 01:54 PM   #32
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk5tar5
There was some articles i read that 2K is using Amazon Web Servers which is cloud servers to connect people to play online hence the bad lag were getting?

This is not the future 2K but as business i know where you want to cut corners to maximize your profit margins because it's all about the money. But the service you're providing for online is straight up $h!t!

According to this article 90% of large game companies use Amazon servers. So no, 2k using Amazon web servers is not the reason for the lag. Games like Fortnite, Overwatch and Destiny 2 use AWS for example. It's honestly just the 2k's netcode not amazon's. If I had to guess it's because 2k is so busy adding new things ever year in such a short dev cycle that bad code never really gets addressed.

https://aws.amazon.com/about-aws/glo...=operasport-20. This is map of where the servers are. So guys in Europe are hung out to dry by 2k if they truly don't have servers.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »