Home

Impossible to kill in this game with Lou Will

This is a discussion on Impossible to kill in this game with Lou Will within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2019, 11:48 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 13
Impossible to kill in this game with Lou Will

Is just impossible to play, dominate and win in this game using Lou Will or similar type of players, short, fast can shoot, because the defender is always on me up tight, doesn't fall back any time, shooting off dribble or while moving is impossible, do you guys agree? I play on superstar btw with a little bit of adjustment on the shooting sliders for User and CPU. Thx.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2019, 12:58 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Impossible to kill in this game with Lou Will

Players like him aren't as effective because this game needs more runners/floater like shots. Better momentum shot animations would help
Old 04-18-2019, 02:23 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
Is just impossible to play, dominate and win in this game using Lou Will or similar type of players, short, fast can shoot, because the defender is always on me up tight, doesn't fall back any time, shooting off dribble or while moving is impossible, do you guys agree? I play on superstar btw with a little bit of adjustment on the shooting sliders for User and CPU. Thx.
Lowering all the defense slider, especially that related to jump shoot can help. The reaction time of the defender should be toned down.
Old 04-18-2019, 06:33 AM   #4
Rookie

BasketBalla21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrose57
You can get open/lightly contested mid range shots/3s off pick and roll.

If you have some momentum going to the rim tilt the right stick into the defender to attempt to draw fouls.

Set plays can get you open 3s off down screens and plays with floppy action.

One on one can be tough but it's doable. If the cpu plays you tight sometimes it's better not to use turbo and drive with just the left stick.

TL;DR: It's possible, you just have to know all your options and take what the defense gives you.
Old 04-18-2019, 09:36 AM   #5
Rookie

I agree, if you try to play like he does in real life, you're going to end up with a terrible FG%. The game over rewards catch and shoot shots and penalizes shots off the dribble too much. That's why players who rely a lot on isolation off the dribble shots (Harden being the best example) are impossible to replicate in this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2019, 09:44 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 1

With turbo close outs being a thing it’s very tough. Guys recover too fast.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:11 PM   #7
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

I have success with performing "slow" pick and rolls with short players like Shabazz Napier. I let the my screener start to perform the roll/pop and I watch the actions of his defender to determine when I attack, and which hip I attack. It requires catching them off balance and using the space available to you.

Depending on how off balance they are when you attack, you can also press down on the right thumbstick to do a behind the back dribble that opens up more space for a drive or a pull-up for a jumper.
Old 04-20-2019, 04:32 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 19

Lou Williams - 75 games, 1993 minutes
ON-BALL (64% of offense)
55% PnR: 0.96 PPP (80th Percentile)
9% Isolation: 0.96 PPP (71st Percentile)
OFF-BALL (19% of offense)
8% Spot-Up: 1.07 PPP (73rd Percentile)
7% Hand-Off: 0.94 PPP (55th Percentile)
3% Off-Screen: 0.83 PPP (25th Percentile)
1% Cut: 1.29 PPP (49th Percentile)
NON-HC
12% Transition: 1.01 PPP (29th Percentile)
4% Other: 0.94 PPP (96th Percentile)
1% Putback: 0.64 PPP (3rd Percentile)

Lou is basically a one-trick pony. At 6'1" and 31 years of age (declining athleticism) he needs a screen to create separation.

RATINGS EVAL
3pt shooting: This was Lou's 3rd straight year shooting 36% and he's only rated 79. 42% of his threes were unassisted (that's a lot).

Passing: Lou posted a career best 33 AST%, which ranked 14th in the NBA. That's 50% better than his career rate of 22%. His pass ratings are a bit underrated across the board.

Ball Handling: 64% of Lou's possessions are on-ball but he only has an 86 Ball Control. Unlike past seasons, he spent the vast majority of his time at PG this season, which affected various facets of his production. Last season only 44% of his possessions were PnR, for example.

BADGES EVAL
GOLD: Difficult Shots, Tireless Scorer
SILVER: One-Man Fastbreak, Tear Dropper
BRONZE: Acrobat, Catch & Shoot, Limitless Range, Pick & Roll Maestro
PERS: Laid Back, Microwave, Spark Plug

Pick & Roll Maestro should likely be Gold. One can also make an argument for adding Ankle Breaker, Clutch Performer, Dimer.
http://youtube.com/real2krosters

Last edited by Real2KInsider; 04-20-2019 at 04:36 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »