Home

Is 3pt spam even worse than last year?

This is a discussion on Is 3pt spam even worse than last year? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2018, 07:18 PM   #65
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Is 3pt spam even worse than last year?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchyNscratchy
I would have just flat out not bought this game after buying 2k for 13 straight years if i knew the shooting was this OP. Literally man in your face, dont matter. Hand up in your face?? Dont matter. Stretch bigs?!? I fuxkin hate them. No skill whatsoever. Using a 7 footer as a shooter because you dont know how to use a traditional big because people are terrible at this game. How tf is a post scoring big or any other down low big man supposed to guard a perimeter shooter??

The reason why 3 point shots are so OP is because WIDE OPEN LAYUPS ARE ALWAYS MISSED. If 2k actually balanced the wide open bunnys and made the playing field even, it would be a great game.

I bought the game because of MLO which is broken, and under the impression that 3 point shooting would be dialed back and skill/knowledge of basketball would be rewarded, lesson learned, I won't believe a word Mike/Zach say leading up to launch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2018, 08:07 PM   #66
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP Floppy
I bought the game because of MLO which is broken, and under the impression that 3 point shooting would be dialed back and skill/knowledge of basketball would be rewarded, lesson learned, I won't believe a word Mike/Zach say leading up to launch.
I'm not going to blame them, per se, but they gotta know what's going on. They have the actual game data that they can view at will. I'm going to give them pass (for the moment), because they can't predict how people will play the game upon release. HOWEVER, what I'm going to do is wait and see what type of changes they're going to make to address this problem. At the moment, the 3PT bombing is overshadowing (once again) the gameplay changes and hard work they put into the game.

It's like being seduced by a bomb *** chick, then finding out she has some wack ****** . Yeah, I was out of pocket with that comment, but that's how I'm feeling right now. What I really wanted is not satisfying me at the moment. I'm about to make Live my sidechick soon.
Old 09-26-2018, 02:50 AM   #67
Rookie

Hell yeah it's worse, I think people are seeing that the game favors shooters/shot creators heavily in all aspects. Gameplay, xp, etc. I myself am most likely making a stretch and putting my glass on part time just cause it's too easy. I dont care what any says, anyone can green on 2k it's too easy. I got friends I play with that can play but let them create a sharp/shot or sharp and they suddenly elite. Anyone can do it, just get your badges up.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:04 AM   #68
MVP

tru11's Arena

much worse.

pretty much any open shot is green.

leaving the likes of david robison open behind the 3pnt line is a bad strategy.

pull up 3s in transition are easy buckets.

ratings need to matter much more.

right now they mean nothing.
its all about the animation.

you know its bad when the CPU can post up pretty much anyone and make their shot in mycareer.
not to mention everyone can shoot the three lol
Old 09-26-2018, 08:30 AM   #69
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenn5373
I'm not gonna lie Mike did a great job selling the game. I hope he got a bonus. I was on the fence about getting 2k19 and he sold me on the game thinking it would be more balanced when in fact shooting is even more OP.
Mannnn he did a damn good job of fooling the community. I put this finesse right up there with 2k lying about Yeezys being in NBA 2k17.
Old 09-26-2018, 10:34 AM   #70
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
much worse.

pretty much any open shot is green.

leaving the likes of david robison open behind the 3pnt line is a bad strategy.

pull up 3s in transition are easy buckets.

ratings need to matter much more.

right now they mean nothing.
its all about the animation.

you know its bad when the CPU can post up pretty much anyone and make their shot in mycareer.
not to mention everyone can shoot the three lol
It is SO weird that this is the case now. One of my big takeaways from 2kU in the Prelude was that transition threes were inconsistent at best and unreliable at worst. That got me REALLY excited for the game... and now we're here...
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 09-26-2018, 10:47 AM   #71
MVP

ph33's Arena

Is 3pt spam even worse than last year?

It's pretty bad when a sharp has a free fast break with no one else around and pulls up from 3

but when you can hit a 3 pointer 8-9 out of 10 times, why take the guaranteed bucket?

Some people will say WELL DON'T TURN IT OVER

#missingthepoint

Now we know who be voting for the 90-100% option on Mike's Twitter polls

Last edited by ph33; 09-26-2018 at 10:49 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2018, 11:44 AM   #72
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I'm not going to blame them, per se, but they gotta know what's going on. They have the actual game data that they can view at will. I'm going to give them pass (for the moment), because they can't predict how people will play the game upon release. HOWEVER, what I'm going to do is wait and see what type of changes they're going to make to address this problem. At the moment, the 3PT bombing is overshadowing (once again) the gameplay changes and hard work they put into the game.

It's like being seduced by a bomb *** chick, then finding out she has some wack ****** . Yeah, I was out of pocket with that comment, but that's how I'm feeling right now. What I really wanted is not satisfying me at the moment. I'm about to make Live my sidechick soon.

Good analogy, but we shouldn't sugar coat this, they flat out lied to get people to buy the game. I do blame them because they're in charge of the sliders, they said one thing to get people who were on the fence to buy the game, it comes out and it's the complete opposite of what they said just a week and a half earlier. Once the badges kicked in it turned into 2k17 shooting on steroids which was horrible, I guarantee when they run their league the sliders they use will be different from the ones we play with because they know how bad it would look to have guys hitting the types of 3s we have to put up with.

I could see if the shooting were confined to Park/ProAm, but it's in PlayNow where Real FG should be the baseline, yet John Wall's great release means you can hit leaners from 26 feet like nothing. I had a 7-0 record on my brother in laws PS4 but I had the bitter beer face playing it as my opponents would get back in the game with ridiculous 3s late.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »