Home

Is it not possible to create a true combo guard?

This is a discussion on Is it not possible to create a true combo guard? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2018, 07:30 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Is it not possible to create a true combo guard?

i was trying to make an undersized SG at 6’3 185lbs (Playmaking ShotCreator) anticipating that i would play SG/PG from time to time as my secondary position. The problem is im not a combo guard at all, in fact im 6’3 and when im not playing SG i’ll be playing SF guarding Giannas,KD, ect ect...

ive done some studying and found that most players in the official 2K roster who are SG/PG all have the average passing rating of 75 besides Harden who was had a 84 passing rating.

I haven’t put any VC into him yet just because that is bothering me, i am considering upgrading his passing to a 75 but im scared to waste VC on it in case he stays a SG/SF.

Does anyone have a undersized SG or similar build know any ways to make him a SG/PG?

I doubt the game is smart enough to recognize my play style and change me to a SG/PG just by earning playmaker badges at the least?

i say all this to say... Combo Guards do exist 2K, so why is it not possible to make one? (no i don’t want to HAVE to be a PG/SG or even worse a SG/SF i wanna be a SG/PG)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2018, 09:18 PM   #2
Banned

Re: Is it not possible to create a true combo guard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxlogo
i was trying to make an undersized SG at 6’3 185lbs (Playmaking ShotCreator) anticipating that i would play SG/PG from time to time as my secondary position. The problem is im not a combo guard at all, in fact im 6’3 and when im not playing SG i’ll be playing SF guarding Giannas,KD, ect ect...

ive done some studying and found that most players in the official 2K roster who are SG/PG all have the average passing rating of 75 besides Harden who was had a 84 passing rating.

I haven’t put any VC into him yet just because that is bothering me, i am considering upgrading his passing to a 75 but im scared to waste VC on it in case he stays a SG/SF.

Does anyone have a undersized SG or similar build know any ways to make him a SG/PG?

I doubt the game is smart enough to recognize my play style and change me to a SG/PG just by earning playmaker badges at the least?

i say all this to say... Combo Guards do exist 2K, so why is it not possible to make one? (no i don’t want to HAVE to be a PG/SG or even worse a SG/SF i wanna be a SG/PG)
Unfortunately it's not just a guards problem. As a 7' 270 post scoring primary PF I play more time at SF than I do at PF or C
Old 09-25-2018, 09:38 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
Unfortunately it's not just a guards problem. As a 7' 270 post scoring primary PF I play more time at SF than I do at PF or C
what the heck lol yeah 2K definitely needs to fix their game. I’ve found that it’s actually a problem within the build system, because when you create an offline player, SG 6’5 and shorter are SG/PG while 6’6 and above are SG/SF which makes ALOT more sense. I’m assuming it would be the same for your build as well.

Another assumption is that online players (i play online too) is what influenced 2K to ruin it. they assume everyone who makes a SG is gung-ho about scoring so if they were to play in ProAM or JRC they assume they’d prefer to play as a wing?

Even that doesn’t justify it, it simply makes no sense. I understand the league is going towards “position-less” schemes but even then it will always be traditional positions. Sorry for the rant but this has to be fixed. I mean how hard can it be to have it revolved around your height-weight-archetype like it was in 2K16 and prior to or even better...

ability to select your s e c o n d a r y position
(if you’d even want one at all)

it’s not even possible to make a Pure PG like John Wall because you’re forced to play SG

Last edited by boxlogo; 09-25-2018 at 09:45 PM.
Old 09-25-2018, 10:43 PM   #4
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Pg/sg-sg/sf-pf/c is how it's always been.
Old 09-25-2018, 11:24 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
you must have either just started playing 2K in 17 or never cared enough to notice because no it hasn’t.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2018, 11:27 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
I'm listed as a PF/SF as a post scorer primary so that is false
Old 09-26-2018, 05:23 AM   #7
Rookie

I think it also depends on your team, as a PF in the lakers I played big minutes at C and even SF, in Miami I'm mainly playing PF with a little minutes in SF and 0 minutes at 0

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »