Home

Guys fouling out before the half

This is a discussion on Guys fouling out before the half within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2018, 05:55 PM   #9
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Guys fouling out before the half

The CPU still does a poor job of managing foul trouble. I havent had anyone foul out in the 1st half, but I have seen guys foul out at the start of the 4th qtr.

There was a time, many yrs ago when NBA2k actually managing foul trouble really well, but something happen around 4 or 5 yrs ago, where the devs screwed this up, and either they are either ignoring the issue, or they simply dont know how to fix it.

I remember back when NBA2k had the issue of every player playing atleast 1 minute in a game, even with 0 minutes alloted to them in simmed game in Association. When the devs fixed that, which I think the finally fixed possibly with NBA2k13 or 14, I think it was 14, when they fixed it and the glitched stats in Association. But thats when they screwed up the CPU managing foul trouble poorly.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 09-26-2018, 06:20 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BA2929
How about you elaborate on your problem so we can potentially help instead of being rude to someone attempting to give you advice on how to fix your issue.

Is the AI fouling out? The opponent? Your teammates? The players you're using? What sub settings are you using? Auto? Manual? Is it happening in MyCareer? MyLeague? Play Now? Online? MyTeam?

You can't expect helpful responses when all we have to go off is an angry rant.

I've not once seen anyone foul out at the half in 2k19 or even 2k12-2k18, so what you're experiencing is not commonplace for a majority of us.

How the hell is someone suggesting I stop "steal spamming" helpful when I said nothing at all about my strategy? Exactly. An insulation plucked from thin air and completely non-topical when the topic is clearly about the CPU's horrible foul management. Just another attempt of a guy trying to be a smartass and make everyone who is not him look like some cheeser.

And it's happening in Myleague, which also isn't much more relevant to know because the problem is endemic to the CPU, regardless of the mode.
Old 09-26-2018, 06:50 PM   #11
Pro

He’s 100% correct, it is an issue against the CPU.

Most guys play 6-8 minute quarters but if you played 11-12 minute quarters it would be much more prevelant in the forums.

Shoot, 70% of the forum now only sticks with the created player modes so you won’t hear much about the issue.

I was hoping it was fixed this year. Group subs are, but this is still a thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2018, 06:58 PM   #12
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

This is the downside of the ever increasing depth of modes that NBA 2k has. Some poorly functioning aspects of every mode may not get addressed adequately or at all for a few years. These issues aren't game breaking, but they do lessen the enjoyment of that mode to a certain extent.

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:20 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevertheles109
He’s 100% correct, it is an issue against the CPU.

Most guys play 6-8 minute quarters but if you played 11-12 minute quarters it would be much more prevelant in the forums.

Shoot, 70% of the forum now only sticks with the created player modes so you won’t hear much about the issue.

I was hoping it was fixed this year. Group subs are, but this is still a thing.
Well, the guys playing less than 12 are probably not gonna see this issue, but it is a thing and threads have been made before on this. I had to switch to the CPU and manually sub out Porzingis with 10 minutes left in the 3rd quarter with 5 FOULS(!). The game was close, too, and this issue puts the CPU at a major competitive disadvantage especially if its a superstar player.
Old 09-26-2018, 07:32 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 4

In my offline experience, any player with at least a bronze pick pocket badge will get into foul trouble. Have to go out of my way to stay away or turn down steal attempt tendency.

I've seen a few non essential bench players pick up quick fouls but not anyone important. Haven't seen anyone foul out in first half.
Old 09-26-2018, 11:14 PM   #15
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfsolo
This is the downside of the ever increasing depth of modes that NBA 2k has. Some poorly functioning aspects of every mode may not get addressed adequately or at all for a few years. These issues aren't game breaking, but they do lessen the enjoyment of that mode to a certain extent.

Yeah, I agree, I think that is unfortunately what happens. The devs tend to ignore the issues that effect those of us who play offline. Even though it was us hard core Association fans who bought this game religiously every yr, and were a big part of helping NBA2k become what it has become over the past several yrs.

However now days were outnumbered, I think there are more online players and many of them tend to be more casual basketball fans. Do to that, the devs cater more to their complaints, and it ends up impacting the offline side of things, and realism. This is why I believe we have seen such a lack of fouls, especially when it comes to shooting fouls on attempted 3's, as well as a lack of charging fouls. Because you have spammers, who play online, who will jump at any pumpfake, which in turn would lead to alot of fouls drawn this way.

In both NBA2k18 and in 19, you can put shooting foul slider at 100, and intentionally try to foul the CPU when they shoot a 3, and a foul wont be called.

What I do to combat the poor foul management by the CPU is I switch over my control and sub out the CPU player in foul trouble. I do this also when the CPU should call a timeout and they dont, I will switch over and call a TO for them and then switch back.

Now the problem with the CPU managing foul trouble is if you use advance rotations, and switch over to sub out the player in fouls trouble, it wont stick and they will put him right back in as soon as the next break in action. So basically just like last yr, advanced rotations is broken even worse when it comes to the CPU managing fouls trouble poorly. So I have quit using advanced rotations do to this unfortunately.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2018, 11:25 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 8

1. Sad the responses from a couple people. I thought the topic was obvious.

2. Been an issue for years. And to me it would seem to be so easy to fix. I'm not video game coder obviously but it simply would require code that prioritizes. Right now the #1 priority is minutes. And if you have rotations set, then the particular time frame for those minutes. Another factor is fatigue.

So simply code that fouls take priority over fatigue or projected minutes. 2 fouls in the 1st quarter, set down. No matter what. 3 fouls, done for the half. 4 fouls in the 3rd shuts you down. it's not rocket science.

For some reason they have never managed to code a simple standard of priorities. While I've never had anyone foul out in the 1st half I would say that at least 8-10 games per season of an 82 game myleague season I have my CPU opponent allow a player to get his 4th foul in the 1st half.

10% of the time. Very common. And for the slow kids, that is the AI and has nothing to do with users "spamming the steal button."

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »