Home

#StealSpam has changed the 2K Meta

This is a discussion on #StealSpam has changed the 2K Meta within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2018, 12:11 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: #StealSpam has changed the 2K Meta

Awesome post! Steal spamming is an abused mechanic that is grossly being taken advantage of. There needs to be a better balance and more risk reward. I like the penalty of longer animations and possibly being taken out of the play. That will change the behavior.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:20 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 0

You should see it in Pro-Am Kushmir, it's even more absurd. You have 5 guys chasing the ball, and because of the animations they can all superman leap to get to it. You have 2 guys pressure the ball, then the other 3 just run around hitting square waiting for a pass to trigger their animations.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:44 PM   #19
Rookie

It's ridiculous.

I got fouled 36 times in a game the other day. And most of the CPU players are steal gods. That and the double teaming is the most frustrating thing about 2K19.
Old 09-28-2018, 12:54 PM   #20
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

What's funny to me is, I rarely use the steal mechanic. I try to wait for times when the ball is unprotected and wide open to even press the button. I hardly *ever* get on ball steals. I can probably count my on-ball steals this year on my two hands with fingers to spare. But, when dudes just mash the steal button a bunch, they're rewarded. I mean, sure, sometimes my timing is off. I can accept that. But I can't accept the fact that, if my timing is off doing it conservatively, my opponent's timing isn't WAY off when he's doing it over-aggressively
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 09-28-2018, 01:08 PM   #21
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP Floppy
You should see it in Pro-Am Kushmir, it's even more absurd. You have 5 guys chasing the ball, and because of the animations they can all superman leap to get to it. You have 2 guys pressure the ball, then the other 3 just run around hitting square waiting for a pass to trigger their animations.

Dude I say a prayer for you pro-am guys every time I go to sleep

Too many moving parts IMO. No way in hell i'd subject myself to that. I guess that's where the whole double-team-then-play-the-passing-lanes thing started. It really exposed passing lane steals as OP. I really hope they get it fixed for you guys, because thats ridiculous.

Can I get some video of it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2018, 01:25 PM   #22
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Latest one, because we can't forget the transition defense that can't get back after a score--ridiculous.

Pay attention to the missed steals where nothing happens and the 1:1 steals to foul ratio. This absolutely cannot happen. It should be 4 or 5:1 at minimum. Oh......and McGee's steal rating is 46.

The only way he was scoring:

Last edited by Kushmir; 09-28-2018 at 01:35 PM.
Old 09-28-2018, 01:28 PM   #23
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
What's funny to me is, I rarely use the steal mechanic. I try to wait for times when the ball is unprotected and wide open to even press the button. I hardly *ever* get on ball steals. I can probably count my on-ball steals this year on my two hands with fingers to spare. But, when dudes just mash the steal button a bunch, they're rewarded. I mean, sure, sometimes my timing is off. I can accept that. But I can't accept the fact that, if my timing is off doing it conservatively, my opponent's timing isn't WAY off when he's doing it over-aggressively

I created a new MyPlayer because I couldn’t see a difference between my Two-Way Post Scorer and builds without defense in their build.
So I created a Shot Creating Lockdown SF. And it’s no different.
I don’t steal spam or block spam. I play basketball and go for steals and blocks when it makes good sense to do so. The vast majority of the time it fails even when my hand clearly goes through the ball. But, if I play like an idiot and spam the buttons, my success rate improve dramatically. Sure the guy I’m guarding scores a bucket here and there, but if he scores 12 to 18 points and I get 10 steals, 5 blocks, and 5 fouls, it’s a wash.
I get more fouls going for legit steals and blocks than I do if I spam.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 09-28-2018, 02:27 PM   #24
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Y’all look at this video on steal spam lol

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBA2k/comme...19_skillfully/
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »