Home

Patch 3 Coming

This is a discussion on Patch 3 Coming within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 08:28 AM   #41
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Patch 3 Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockie_Fresh88
Why not try other diffficulties ? Wasn’t the game meant to be played on all star or superstar ?
Why not just have 1 difficulty level?

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2018, 08:35 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Their solution for the excessive blow-bys was just make EVERYONE lockdown defenders and honestly that's pretty bad... The bump steals are 2k16 levels of bad... The brick wall suction defense is horrible... Guys like KYLE KORVER are locking up the likes of LeBron... Even when I attack the right angle I get these slow *** hip riding animations which are useless... Players don't feel as explosive as they should... 2k18 got this right even if it was OP as hell (a good slider set offline mitigated this issue)... I should have a tougher time against true lockdowns and against even average defenders from time to time... But guys like KYLE "Freaking" KORVER should be food 9 times out of 10... I should be able to attack him until the other team is forced to yank him... Oh and don't get me started on the excessive on ball steal attempts... Whoever thought that this was a good game design choice needed to think twice on that... A lot of the fixes for last year's issues are just a bunch of huge ugly Band-Aids that were placed over the problem... Instead of making lockdown defenders truly stand out and mean something they made EVERYONE a lockdown defender to try to fix the blow-bys... You can tell me to "GIT GUD" but this game is a sluggish unfun and sloppy mess at times
Old 09-27-2018, 08:54 AM   #43
Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

This patch is out sooner than I expected, I was thinking next week would be the soonest we'd see it -- so that's a plus. As a PC guy, might not be till next week that I see it, lol.

Hoping the patch solves the 3rd jersey glitch, as well as the other bugs in ML/MLO that have cropped up since launch.

Don't touch gameplay, I'd rather it stay as it is than risk it going backwards.
Old 09-27-2018, 08:54 AM   #44
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
Why not just have 1 difficulty level?

I know some people who are die hard NFL fans but casual basketball fans . They prefer the easier difficulties like pro or rookie.
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-27-2018, 08:55 AM   #45
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
From a gameplay perspective, they need to tone down the CPU defense a bit.

First, the CPU needs to stop crowding every ball handler as soon as they cross half court. They also need to lower the CPU's reaction time, especially when it comes to onball screens. The CPU defender shouldn't be able to get around the screen and double back in front of me when I go the opposite way.

Second, they need to dial back how much the CPU defender can stick to the ball handler; I understand they wanted to alleviate the blowbys, but if Brook Lopez is guarding Kyrie tightly, he should get blown by 10 times out of 10.

Third, they need to way tone down the bumping and grabbing the CPU does off the ball. Especially in My Career, it's damn near impossible to run plays where you're not the ball handler because the CPU prevents you from getting to your spots. I've been called for way too many 3 second violations when trying to cross the court because I was literally stuck to the CPU and couldn't get away.

I agree, every player is a lockdown defender. I mean EVERY player. I made a post awhile back as an example, I was the 95 Bulls and I couldn't get around Lonzo Ball with Jordan. Defense is great in this game, but don't make every PLAYER great. Defense isn't the problem, it's a player problem.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2018, 08:56 AM   #46
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Going by history ps4 today xbox a couple of weeks and pc maybe next week.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
Old 09-27-2018, 08:56 AM   #47
Pro

Pro-AM and Private Matchmaking needs to be a high priority in this patch.
Old 09-27-2018, 08:57 AM   #48
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
This patch is out sooner than I expected, I was thinking next week would be the soonest we'd see it -- so that's a plus. As a PC guy, might not be till next week that I see it, lol.

Hoping the patch solves the 3rd jersey glitch, as well as the other bugs in ML/MLO that have cropped up since launch.

Don't touch gameplay, I'd rather it stay as it is than risk it going backwards.
hi friend, what's the 3rd jersey glitch?
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »