Home

Patch 3 Coming

This is a discussion on Patch 3 Coming within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 10:10 AM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Patch 3 Coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
I don't mind on-ball steals getting nerfed but passing lane steals? That's all user error.

I spent the last 3 2K games having to deal with passes flying through my body and getting pushed out of the way by force fields on passes when I'm in position to steal. I'd hate for them to go back to that.

EDIT: Matter of fact, I haven't even been getting abused by the steal spam since I've started using Protect Ball. Took a while ot adjust but it did. You guys just have to start playing a bit more conservative this year.
Do you play PNO or Pro-Am? It’s definitely not all user error in Pro-Am. Guys literally run around hammering square on every inbounds because if you’re anywhere near the ball your guy lunges for it with pinpoint accuracy. I’m glad they improved the ability to pick off passes but this just feels silly. Guy is running back down the court with his back to the ball and suddenly leaps 4 feet in the air and one handed catches a pass. Dudes aren’t actually anticipating passes, they’re just hammering a button or using it as a bailout when they’re out of position.

I’m not a ball carrier so I can’t speak to the on-balls as much. I know that the spamming is ridiculous on rebounds and results in a successful outcome far too often.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2018, 10:18 AM   #66
Aka."Footballforever"

RoyalBoyle78's Arena

OVR: 46

I hope then can fix the player sliding I have ben seeing almost every game.
N.Y Islanders
Miami Hurricanes

Twitter - @RoyalBoyle78
XBOX LIVE - Royalboyle78
PSN - RoyalBoyle78
Old 09-27-2018, 10:24 AM   #67
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

People say 2K makes drastic changes.

Look how drastic the feedback is.

I know examples like "Brook Lopez shut down Russell Westbrook" helps bring your point across more strongly....but is that actually true?

Show us. Maybe the community can help.

I can go in practice mode right now and literally record myself abusing that match up with no moves.

but too often, things like that are said, then fingers go in ears to any suggestions..."You're trash" comments dont help either.

We have to be better as a community overall.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:25 AM   #68
MVP

I just hope one day visual concept will fix their damn OTFC menus and ensure they work. Heads Up Display doesn't work on Auto. OTFC menu doesn't highlight any changes ACE has made while playing, when you can clearly see that changes are being made via "communications". And, if all of this is done by design, it is a dumb design and the gameplay director needs to be admonished for this boneheaded decision.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:30 AM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

I know examples like "Brook Lopez shut down Russell Westbrook" helps bring your point across more strongly....but is that actually true?

I can go in practice mode right now and literally record myself abusing that match up with no moves.

but too often, things like that are said, then fingers go in ears to any suggestions..."You're trash" comments dont help either.

I agree 100%. The main answer sim guys are getting are "change sliders" and the main answer online players are getting is"'get better"
Old 09-27-2018, 10:35 AM   #70
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

I will say that I find that practice mode is not the same as a regular game or My Career. I think that's also why 2KU in the Prelude feels so different from the finished game. Examples (whether to support or discredit and argument) should come from the mode(s) in question.
Old 09-27-2018, 10:45 AM   #71
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I will say that I find that practice mode is not the same as a regular game or My Career. I think that's also why 2KU in the Prelude feels so different from the finished game. Examples (whether to support or discredit and argument) should come from the mode(s) in question.
It isn't. What's different is your excitement (don't get offended "your" means all of us) excitement plus little knowledge and missing fundamentals equals "WHY is this HAPPENING?" moments rose and shine and after that every1 likes to complain etc. So that's what i call crybabies.

People complain about steals, onball steals, passing steals yet they have no idea what is L2 protect the ball or maybe they have an idea about L2 but never have given enough time to master it, or they cry about passing lanes yet they have no idea in basketball you have to play good angles to be able to pass the ball rightfully so.

Practice your craft when there is no excitement in 2ku which i mean when there is no competetive scene that you're stressed out about everything. Practice will help you/us all understand that things can be different and i maybe wrong with what i do rather than bursting a rage quit and complaining to daddy Beluba on twitter or here and so.

It's a basketball game where any basketball player in the world can make or miss a three, can steal the ball or not from time to time that's what makes it fun to watch. The unknown and all that surprise factors.

EDIT PS Some More Ranting included : This nonsense of all oohh how did miss that i'm a sharp or whatever is like they have no idea that they still play basketball, being a sharp doesn't make you %100 fgm shooter, shooters have a touch and feeling you DON'T. First realize that or any other archtype and so on.

Another Edit: Don't get me all wrong please i'm def. stressed about if they touch gameplay and all. I hope they won't lol.

Last edited by ataman5; 09-27-2018 at 10:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2018, 10:49 AM   #72
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Yeah, fair point, I definitely agree with you as far as using the applicable mode to support your argument...
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »