Home

Why no Barkley in 2K basketball...

This is a discussion on Why no Barkley in 2K basketball... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2018, 09:49 PM   #9
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Why no Barkley in 2K basketball...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I actually think I heard Barkley say he dont care about being paid, its about him wanting them to give a big chunk of money to the retired players fund. I cant remember the exact figure but it was atleast 1 million dollars.

As far as Reggie Miller, not being in, I dont know, my guess is it has to do with money, and probably wanting too much. I figure thats what keeps alot of these former players from letting them use their likeness in the game.
It also has to do with them not caring about being in a video game, especially when they did not grow up playing them, I think there is bad blood with 2k and Miller which may stem back from when his sister was in the game.
Old 09-30-2018, 10:02 PM   #10
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
I actually think I heard Barkley say he dont care about being paid, its about him wanting them to give a big chunk of money to the retired players fund. I cant remember the exact figure but it was atleast 1 million dollars.

As far as Reggie Miller, not being in, I dont know, my guess is it has to do with money, and probably wanting too much. I figure thats what keeps alot of these former players from letting them use their likeness in the game.
I'm surprised NBA 2K could pay that off in their sleep

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2018, 10:38 PM   #11
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcras7
It also has to do with them not caring about being in a video game, especially when they did not grow up playing them, I think there is bad blood with 2k and Miller which may stem back from when his sister was in the game.

Well Reggie and I are not all that far off in age, but yeah some people just dont care to play video games. If it wasnt for NBA2k, or MLBTS, I wouldnt even have a console myself

I hadnt ever heard of any bad blood between Reggie's sister and NBA2k, but there may be something to it. Maybe some former players feel with no more than they are offered for their likeness its not worth letting someone use it to make millions of dollars. I have no idea how they go about paying former players, I always assumed they gave a standard rate to all of them, but maybe not, maybe some players get more than others, and some former players feel slighted. We know they all have ego's, some more than others, but they all got one,lol

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2018, 10:10 AM   #12
Rookie

jaebonez34's Arena

OVR: 3

Barkley and Miller are not apart of the Player's Association so they're likeness cannot be used in the game. Simple as that.
Old 10-01-2018, 10:25 AM   #13
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Officially, Miller is not on record as to why he won't do it.
Old 10-01-2018, 12:38 PM   #14
MVP

coolcras7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Officially, Miller is not on record as to why he won't do it.

So please tell us

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-01-2018, 01:25 PM   #15
Banned

Barkley is my all-time favorite player...KG&SPREE...DWADE is my today favorite. Anyway, Barkley need to chill...I won't lie. If he gets in that will be THE 2K that I hold in high regard. Its hilarious how JORDAN is THE guy but Barkley is the ONLY guy people stress on these games. Don't get me wrong, it was MJ before he got in the game.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2018, 06:26 PM   #16
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
So please tell us

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Not on record...I didn't mean to imply that I knew anything differently. I have yet to find a quote or article by Miller regarding the subject. I almost want to say that he doesn't even mention NBA 2K in passing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »