Home

Rec center starting to feel like they ruined the mode

This is a discussion on Rec center starting to feel like they ruined the mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2018, 09:06 PM   #57
Rookie

512fm's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Rec center starting to feel like they ruined the mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoTill
So I ran a Sharpshooting Rim-protector PF(the reverse might be more fun for a offensive minded player Two-Way Stretch 4), Spaces the floor made it 6"7" So it can switch everywhere and it gets games everywhere. Just need to play defense to get hot, don't have to contend with 7"3" bigs bodying you.
I'm using the same build at 6'9 and really enjoying it, super quick to get games which is great.
Old 10-12-2018, 06:04 AM   #58
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
I literally had games where I was playing my 6'11 sc/post and had a 6'8" SF on me and my teammates would just ignore me in the post to pass the ball around and chuck 3s and fades. So damn frustrating especially in a build with silver dimer. I'd happily draw help and kick out for open shots, but guards want to dribble around the perimeter and turn the ball over instead.

One of the most frustrating things that shows how less people are actually interested playing and winning a 5vs5 game. Almost noone looks at the matchups and for actual mismatches. If I see a postscorer in my team whos matched up against a pure stretch im always like guys give him the ****ing ball in the post, hes gonna annihilate his guy...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erithtotl
Here's my conundrum. I know things are better in Pro Am, but I can't commit to always being able to play at a certain time for a certain amount of time. It'd love to find someone who has a large team pro am squad and runs whenever they get 5 people online at the same time, if such a thing existed.

From my experience there are definitely teams with bigger rosters that work like what you are hoping for.
Old 10-12-2018, 08:25 AM   #59
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ShowTime2
One of the most frustrating things that shows how less people are actually interested playing and winning a 5vs5 game. Almost noone looks at the matchups and for actual mismatches. If I see a postscorer in my team whos matched up against a pure stretch im always like guys give him the ****ing ball in the post, hes gonna annihilate his guy...

From my experience there are definitely teams with bigger rosters that work like what you are hoping for.
I hooked up with some guys I played with a little last year. Brought my sc/sharp stretch 4. Played our first game of pro am (man it sucks getting it to load properly we kept getting put in different arenas). We won by 40+ and I had 28 pts and player of the game. Because people passed. Was awesome. It's just %90 of my playing time I probably can't get with those guys as our play schedules only overlap a bit.

Still, shows what happens with a good group.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »