Home

Pro Am Starting 5

This is a discussion on Pro Am Starting 5 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2018, 02:48 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Pro Am Starting 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP Floppy
It works because the opponents own sharps get killed on the offensive glass, the SF pure rebounds like a big man and there's nothing that can keep it off the glass outside of putting a GC on him. We have 3 players with 80+ rebounding when boosted, all of them are faster than the guy guarding them in most cases. We played a team that was 130-20 something in our 3rd game, they had a top 10 scorer on their team and their offense grinded to a halt, beat them by 30.

Also, I think we have a solution for the 5 out offense too, easiest thing would be to hide the PG on one of their shooters and put one of the SF lockdowns on their center (6'7 and 6'10 with 99 and 91 lateral quickness) so that when they run the high screen it's just a simple switch where they now have a perimeter lockdown on them and our rim protecting big switches back onto their rim rolling GC.
Oh yeah, I can totally see it. With your lockdowns hounding the passing lanes, it would really limit the other team’s catch and shoot as well. And, like you said, having multiple rebounders gives your team a big advantage on boards on both ends of the court. If your lockdowns take off after forcing misses, it’s easy buckets with their speed and you’re not totally without shooting options and secondary shooters in a pinch.

Let’s be honest, it doesn’t eliminate the inherent issues with the game - it more just takes advantage of other broken mechanics than shooting (I.E. Stealing and, likely, accurate outlet passes). But I’m glad that it’s not just Sharps eating out there. I’m more salty that my Rebounding Athletic Finisher is just a weak GC in practice. If I could go back, I would have done the Pure Lockdown SF since at least you get to make people miserable.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2018, 03:03 PM   #26
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
Oh yeah, I can totally see it. With your lockdowns hounding the passing lanes, it would really limit the other team’s catch and shoot as well. And, like you said, having multiple rebounders gives your team a big advantage on boards on both ends of the court. If your lockdowns take off after forcing misses, it’s easy buckets with their speed and you’re not totally without shooting options and secondary shooters in a pinch.

Let’s be honest, it doesn’t eliminate the inherent issues with the game - it more just takes advantage of other broken mechanics than shooting (I.E. Stealing and, likely, accurate outlet passes). But I’m glad that it’s not just Sharps eating out there. I’m more salty that my Rebounding Athletic Finisher is just a weak GC in practice. If I could go back, I would have done the Pure Lockdown SF since at least you get to make people miserable.

It doesn't eliminate the cheese, and like you said we use some of it to our advantage, it mostly gives us an option to guard a lot of different lineups. We're pretty small compared to a lot of the teams we play (my 6'10 SF is the tallest, plays PF), so we make up for it with speed and the biggest benefit of the lockdowns isn't steals but lateral quickness. We can cover so much ground, recover, and then rotate again. I have a gif I'll post from last night I'll post when I get home where a guy drove in past one of the non-badged newborn lockdown, met our rim protector who rotated over, then passed to a GC who had an open layup that got punched by the 6'7 SF (92 block, 99 lateral quickness) that originally got beat. Since they did that whole 1 position up or down, we have a SF lockdown and an SG lockdown, so we can basically guard those two ball handler lineups if our guards can't do it too, and our center is 6'9 so he can switch onto 6'7 play sharps and his badge will work against them too.

The only time it backfired was a game we won, but my lockdown was definitely overmatched with a Pue post that was a C and 7'3, so he completely negated my badges, we won by 20 cause they were taking nothing but 2s to our 3s.

Last edited by ASAP Floppy; 10-05-2018 at 03:06 PM.
Old 10-06-2018, 07:53 PM   #27
MVP

ph33's Arena

Where that gif at

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-08-2018, 10:18 AM   #28
MVP

ph33's Arena

Played a 4/1 team that gave us fits at first until we got the matchups right and put our lockdowns on their ball handler and screener

gave their offense a good bye kiss

Old 10-08-2018, 11:26 AM   #29
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Where that gif at

Quality is trash, Ps4 makes the GIFs supre small so.....

That's the 6'7 SG coming over for the block on the 7'3 GC.

Last edited by ASAP Floppy; 10-08-2018 at 11:32 AM.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:28 AM   #30
MVP

ph33's Arena

Pro Am Starting 5

Link looks broken but I'm on my phone

-never mind

Last edited by ph33; 10-08-2018 at 11:35 AM.
Old 10-08-2018, 11:29 AM   #31
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ph33
Played a 4/1 team that gave us fits at first until we got the matchups right and put our lockdowns on their ball handler and screener

gave their offense a good bye kiss

I have clips of this too, they were a 31-4 proteam in our 6th game, they ran the high screen with a sharp playmaker and a rim protecting rebounder, we started slow then put the 6'7 lockdown on their playmaker so whenever they ran the screen my 6'10 lockdown was on the ball handler. They had no gameplan for what happens when a team has two perimeter locks because both locks could catch the rim roller or stick on the ball handler, we ripped him, blocked him and had him taking some really deep contested threes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2018, 11:43 AM   #32
MVP

ph33's Arena

Pro Am Starting 5

That pure stretch was annoying and worthless

Stand in the corner do nothing bitch

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »