Home

Learning to Embrace the MyCareer Grind in NBA 2K19

This is a discussion on Learning to Embrace the MyCareer Grind in NBA 2K19 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2018, 03:46 AM   #121
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Learning to Embrace the MyCareer Grind in NBA 2K19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated2389
Excellent article, I only paid $60 bucks for my 2k (like almost every other game). I dont get why kids are crying about VC when you dont NEED it, you just WANT it. And VC is literally everywhere, i gain VC from every game mode it seems like so I always have more than enough.
I literally "grind" in the mycareer mode, I thought that was the point of mycareer to grind a bum into a superstar. If I want to play with a superstar immediately than I can just do a player lock my league or somethin.
Buying VC is literally an option, i remember days when there wasnt any VC and u had no choice but to grind.
Can see your point about mycareer vs cpu, but this limits the poil for competitive pro am players alot. A lot of "pro" level players get left out because it's more about developing a character than showing your skills.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-15-2018, 01:50 PM   #122
MVP

infam0us's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith01
Can see your point about mycareer vs cpu, but this limits the poil for competitive pro am players alot. A lot of "pro" level players get left out because it's more about developing a character than showing your skills.
Yeah which is why they need to separate MyCareer and Pro-Am. The previous years the season to me was the tedious grind to build up a player that I only wanted for Pro-Am. Like I wasn't having fun playing a season but you had to do it if you wanted to level up and get badges efficiently.
Old 10-15-2018, 08:58 PM   #123
Rookie

i’m late but boy this article stinks lol

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-17-2018, 04:01 AM   #124
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

There's no warranting this games grind or the way that they operate, were talking about sports games, that use to be quick access fun, you pop in the game, and everything is right there. With nba 2k though, they brought in the singleplayer with VC back in 2k13 i believe, and it was manageable and still rewarding in most ways, complete opposite now, if i wanted to grind in a game il play destiny or some rpg style game, not a damn basketball game.
Old 10-17-2018, 07:09 AM   #125
MVP

OVR: 8

I keep saying this because it really is the worst part:

there is NO game (RPGs, Souls like, MMOs, Ftp, etc.) that requires you to grind over and over and over for unlocking/upgrading some skills without letting you decide what unlock/upgrade at least.

This HAS to go away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2018, 09:49 AM   #126
Pro

For those wanting 2k to separate mycareer from online or for them to add in a 2k league combine type pro am, you can forget it.
If they did that they would lose money and there’s no chance they will do anything that loses them money!
I say this because if there was an option to just play pro am with no grinding, I’d never grind or spend a dime to upgrade a player.
2k knows there are tons of people just like me and therefore it will never happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-18-2018, 01:27 AM   #127
Rookie

Fredette's Arena

I embraced the dark, filthy corners of micotransactions and virtual currency

Thanks for this authentic article. Now I support the darkside of gaming-industry....Hail to the Kings! 2K and EA! Forever embraced in microtransactions... True love!
Old 10-18-2018, 06:55 PM   #128
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fredette
I embraced the dark, filthy corners of micotransactions and virtual currency

Thanks for this authentic article. Now I support the darkside of gaming-industry....Hail to the Kings! 2K and EA! Forever embraced in microtransactions... True love!
Time to send in your application

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »