Home

Defending/rebounding down low after blocks/misses.

This is a discussion on Defending/rebounding down low after blocks/misses. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-04-2018, 12:28 AM   #1
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30
Defending/rebounding down low after blocks/misses.

I've been having some real problems trying to rebound and defend down low after I either block or force a poor shot. It seems like the AI always winds up with the ball if I manage to block it. Or if I force a bad shot, then I'm apparently not in position to rebound, as the AI often get's it's own rebound there as well.

It's really frustrating to seemingly defend well, and still constantly give up the score due to not getting the rebound. And don't get me started on those times where the AI seems to get multiple offensive boards when I'm forcing bad shots over and over, and yet can't get the rebound.

Anyone know what I'm talking about? And more importantly, give me some help there?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2018, 09:00 AM   #2
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Defending/rebounding down low after blocks/misses.

I think everyone knows what you're talking about, but unfortunately, there is no fix or strategy. CPU-controlled players react faster than human-controlled players when it comes to loose balls. It's very frustrating, since it's not something that can be controlled by the user.
Old 10-04-2018, 09:40 AM   #3
MVP

Greene_Flash03's Arena

OVR: 27

This happened to me 90% of time online, unless I block the player with authority (holding down turbo).
Old 10-04-2018, 11:49 AM   #4
Pro

JoFri's Arena

This is how it plays out irl, and Dennis Rosman did that all the time, sneaking it and tip it in. I actually like it in the game as it makes the gameplay more SIM, and I have to make a quick decision by reading the play and react appropriately, whether to attempt the block or continue blocking out the bigs.

I commented somewhere else that I like to jump to contest, block shot. And some1 warned me about sacrificing it for the defensive rebounding.

I will suggest that u TAP the right stick up to contest shot in the paint like floaters, runners etc. Use absolute for pro stick defense. If u are on default sliders, the contest is pretty much effective.

If u can afford fouling, then hit X to try strip the ball for layups, post spin jumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-04-2018, 12:02 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
This is how it plays out irl, and Dennis Rosman did that all the time, sneaking it and tip it in. I actually like it in the game as it makes the gameplay more SIM, and I have to make a quick decision by reading the play and react appropriately, whether to attempt the block or continue blocking out the bigs.

I commented somewhere else that I like to jump to contest, block shot. And some1 warned me about sacrificing it for the defensive rebounding.

I will suggest that u TAP the right stick up to contest shot in the paint like floaters, runners etc. Use absolute for pro stick defense. If u are on default sliders, the contest is pretty much effective.

If u can afford fouling, then hit X to try strip the ball for layups, post spin jumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So do you have any issues with CPU reaction time to things? It's been a legacy issue even da czar has mentioned in his videos.

Op I know exactly what your having an issue with. Nothing you can do with default sliders. Need to tweak.

Any movement downlow will put you out of position most of the time. And when you are in decent postiiton, someone will be open for a jumpshot.

Would be nice if we could trigger the same animations CPU does.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-04-2018, 12:37 PM   #6
Can't spell antetokounmpo

Bahnzo's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoFri
I actually like it in the game as it makes the gameplay more SIM, and I have to make a quick decision by reading the play and react appropriately, whether to attempt the block or continue blocking out the bigs.
That's not what I'm talking about however. Making a decision to leave your mark to double team or try to block another player's shot will certainly cause you to lose the rebound to that player you left.

I'm talking about when I defend my player well and force a bad shot, and yet because of that I'm punished by being out of position for the rebound and the player I just defended *always* grabs the rebound.
Old 10-04-2018, 01:36 PM   #7
Rookie

Moroccan_Boy's Arena

IMO it has a lot to do with the automatic shot contest , where last year we had the option to contest manually but i guess this year its on auto and thats why players contest when you dont want it which leaves them out of position to box out and rebound and thats why the cpu has the upper hand in those situations
Old 10-04-2018, 02:05 PM   #8
Rookie

laflame's Arena

I don’t think I’ve ever blocked a shot that didn’t lead to a CPU offensive board and quick put back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »