Home

defensive 3 second rule

This is a discussion on defensive 3 second rule within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2018, 11:32 AM   #9
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: defensive 3 second rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by de_jesus
Look I am going to say this, if an issue that appears to be this small gets through the devs may have trouble implementing the rule in its truest form without impacting the game negatively. Hell maybe they are generous about it because they know animations could get you caught up unintentionally

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
This is what they do, but it negatively impacts the game. Plays don't develop properly, and it closes off a lot of openings that would normally exist for the offense. On the other end, it makes it very difficult to play good defense when the CPU can sit in the paint for a quarter of the shot clock. It's been one of my biggest issues with the game for a while.

Quick example: Ilyasova gets the ball in the paint, with me guarding him. He sits in the paint for 5 and a half seconds before passing the ball back out and leaving, with no call. I've given up a lot of points this way because I play it like the call will come after three seconds.

I didn't do it this time, but oftentimes I will jump for a block after about 2 and a half seconds, anticipating the shot to avoid the 3 second call, only to have them dribble around me for an open layup using those extra three seconds.

Last edited by El_Poopador; 10-08-2018 at 11:51 AM.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:42 PM   #10
Rookie

A couple requirements need to be met for the defensive 3 in the key count to start and there are some actions that freeze the defensive 3 in the key count. I learnt from this video and it made my defensive rotations way more effective and the odd time I can set up my offense to catch the opposing player over helping to get some easy techs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qBAtDD1OdI
Old 07-28-2020, 02:10 AM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
This is what they do, but it negatively impacts the game. Plays don't develop properly, and it closes off a lot of openings that would normally exist for the offense. On the other end, it makes it very difficult to play good defense when the CPU can sit in the paint for a quarter of the shot clock. It's been one of my biggest issues with the game for a while.

Quick example: Ilyasova gets the ball in the paint, with me guarding him. He sits in the paint for 5 and a half seconds before passing the ball back out and leaving, with no call. I've given up a lot of points this way because I play it like the call will come after three seconds.

I didn't do it this time, but oftentimes I will jump for a block after about 2 and a half seconds, anticipating the shot to avoid the 3 second call, only to have them dribble around me for an open layup using those extra three seconds.
Look like he got in the paint wit 17 on the shot clock and passed at 13. No ref irl calls it exactly at 3 seconds.

We need another vid
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-29-2020, 12:27 PM   #12
Rookie

People still playing offball in Play Now, Fn pathetic.

Op your best bet may be to run plays or at least call for screens
Old 07-29-2020, 09:26 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 1

its cause of all those holding animations and other animations in the paint. they gotta play out.
Old 07-30-2020, 12:36 AM   #14
MVP

tru11's Arena

Bruh this thread from 2018 lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 07-30-2020, 08:42 AM   #15
MVP

OVR: 19

I see the defensive 3 seconds called alot. I dont think its broken. Ill see anywhere from 1-3 a game. some games its not called.

The offensive 3 second call is very hit or miss, especially on the cpu controlled teams. if anything that is what needs to be tuned.

personally I like some inconsistencies in the way refs in 2k call the games. it adds a bit of the human element.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »