Home

Taking a Look at NBA 2K19 MyLeague and Why Sliders Are Necessary

This is a discussion on Taking a Look at NBA 2K19 MyLeague and Why Sliders Are Necessary within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2018, 07:11 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: Taking a Look at NBA 2K19 MyLeague and Why Sliders Are Necessary

it's a shame you have to go through what we do to enjoy the mode.

Right now the following are required to truly get a good franchise experience

1. User created rosters that focus on peaks and also tendencies.

2. great slider set for contracts, progression/regression, and trades (at this point I STILL can't find the trade slider set to make trades work like the do in the NBA: teams dumping salary instead of trading player for player like 2k often does).

3. user created fictional draft classes with more young players and lower ratings and potential

4. edit down G-league players

5. Create a random system to make more players bust out and a few boom (I use a system where each team protects 4 and I use a random number generator online to bump one player and regress on player per team far beyond the AI progression/regression system). It is just a little thing to let us see more Khris Middleton's and more Kwame Browns. Not every high pick pans out and some 2nd round guys (Dinwiddie is another) hit it big.

6. edit tendencies from year to year to fit the roster makeup of the team. It would be nice if the AI had the capability of adjusting shot tendencies based on the makeup of the squad. For example last year's Clippers would have an Austin Rivers with a high tendency to shoot while this year's Wizards would have the same player with much lower shot tendencies. One of the issues is that players don't grow in their aggressiveness to match the team's needs or their growth in other categories such as shooting skills.
Old 10-08-2018, 07:38 PM   #10
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

While I am happy that the devs added in sliders to help fix, or to try and fix some of the issues that have been part of the Association modes for yrs now.

Unfortunately I feel this gives them less incentive to actually fix the glaring issues that have plagued NBA2k forever. Once the online side of the game took off, and their gimic mode MyTeam, the actual game being a simulation of the NBA, seem to go right out the door.

Again I am happy they added in these sliders, but between trying to fix the Association mode with slider adjustments, on top of trying to fix gameplay with slider adjusting, has become a game in itself,lol. We spend, or atleast I do anyway, seem to spend almost all of the NBA season trying to get the game to play just right, that spring training has started and Im burnt out on NBA2k and ready for some baseball.

Yes, part of this is do to being so OCD about sim stats,lol. And it seems about the time I have gameplay sliders just right, or as close to being right as possible, the devs do a update, either with patch or tuner update thru a roster update that its back to square 1.

Obviously I have no idea the time it takes to make a video game, Im sure its very time consuming, but it seems they need either better testers, or more testers, so some of this stuff gets fixed. Quite frankly sometimes, I think they dont know how to fix it, so they just say say nothing when people point out these flaws, rather than admitting, they cant figure out how to fix it, or it possibly is just a flaw in the game/sim engine. That or they just ignore it, because there more concerned with the online side of things, because of the VC.

But, to give them some props, and not just point out all the negatives, is out of the 3 major sports, basketball, baseball and football, the devs of NBA2k do put more effort and have the deepest Franchise mode out of all the 3 major sports here in the US. So they do, do more than those other devs do, which is the sole reason I do still support them, and why its the only console video game I play now days, as I quit Madden yrs ago, and I quit buying MLBTS last yr due to lack of effort in Franchise mode by them. So atleast the NBA2k devs havent forgotten about us offline gamers completely, even though I do wish more effort was put into fixing some of the issues, that have plagued the series for a while now.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 10-09-2018, 07:47 AM   #11
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by trekfan
There are a number of issues remaining in MyLeague that need to be adjusted -- the ages of imported draft classes with historical players, the inability to upload created alternate jerseys and use them, the contract extensions for rookies (which, yes, can't be done during the offseason but you should be able to extend the rookie's rookie scale contract in the regular season, as was recently demonstrated by the T'Wolves with KAT -- it is impossible to do that at this moment however for any rookies, as the game tells you that the they don't have the right amount of years (4) on their original contract but the correct amount is 4).
This is a big one, especially since players who have a high rating for Loyalty in the game will have their morale decreased until their contract is extended. But you can't extend guys on rookie contracts...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2018, 11:32 PM   #12
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

I'm extremely close to having this all solved with sliders... Like.. Super close... Hang tight

Sent from my H3123 using Operation Sports mobile app

Games I'm playing: NBA 2k, Madden, MLB the Show, Division 2, Warzone

Please subscribe to my youtube channel for gaming content. https://youtu.be/PXU8cqLnq6w
Old 10-10-2018, 08:15 PM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnaidt1
I'm extremely close to having this all solved with sliders... Like.. Super close... Hang tight

Sent from my H3123 using Operation Sports mobile app
Awesome!

Going to hold off on starting MyLeague until then. Keep us posted and thank you.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:54 AM   #14
Rookie

Mister Magnus's Arena

Hey hey -- I've been hoping for a follow up to this article. Any love on the way?
Old 11-28-2018, 12:37 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucknut7
The most glaring is that after 10 years of sim, 80-89 rated players shot from 60 total in Y1 to 233 in Y10. Like, did they do any testing? It's great to give us sliders, but it feels like they're just saying "we don't feel like putting any effort into this, so you guys figure it out."
Yeah. I'm tired of every year having a super screwed up myleague to start out with before I figure out everything I need to fix. Would be nice if there was some PSA or central resource for all the stuff you need to fix so you could actually just play the game without testing. Like a lot of slider settings are user opinion but things like draft class quality, objectively too high and everyone should be told they need to lower it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-28-2018, 01:22 PM   #16
MVP

Kully's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barncore
This is a big one, especially since players who have a high rating for Loyalty in the game will have their morale decreased until their contract is extended. But you can't extend guys on rookie contracts...
You can in the offseason prior to their final year in the contract. It's weird but PC guys found that this works.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »