Home

Space The Floor

This is a discussion on Space The Floor within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2018, 02:25 PM   #1
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

OVR: 8
Space The Floor

Taking away space the floor has now made it were random motion option occurs all the time unless you call an isolation.

Due to all the movement it allows the defense to play off ball, bring doubles and just play the passing game and rely on a bad pass turnover.

The offense gets really sporadic because the user is pulse both from on ball to off ball causing the offensive movement to be taz mania out there.

Is it away for space the floor to make its way back into the game allowing me to run a slow pace offense with no movement to combat this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2018, 11:04 AM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Space The Floor

Completely agree. I think it has slightly improved after Patch 4 but it's still not there.

Love how much the motion has evolved, but we need that Space The Floor option back...Even the spacing on iso's can be funky...with players bringing defenders in driving lanes.

If Rudy Gay randomly cuts to the paint when I'm trying to kick it to him for a 3 ONE more time, lol
Old 10-14-2018, 12:16 PM   #3
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Completely agree. I think it has slightly improved after Patch 4 but it's still not there.

Love how much the motion has evolved, but we need that Space The Floor option back...Even the spacing on iso's can be funky...with players bringing defenders in driving lanes.

If Rudy Gay randomly cuts to the paint when I'm trying to kick it to him for a 3 ONE more time, lol

Exactly, the motion is too much. That’s why I say too much realism can sometimes hinder gameplay. While motion is good, if you can’t implement it where I can run a more patient none motion offense then it’s no good.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-14-2018, 09:03 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter

the problem is that iso plays end too early. once the iso player gets the ball, you're given like three seconds to do your thing, and then your teammates start scrambling all over the place. it's ridiculous.
Old 10-14-2018, 09:15 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Space the floor is an absolutely essential setting that needs to be available in online play, because most users tend to run around pulling defenders out of position so chaotically, that you need to have your offensive CPU teammates staying put and standing still in order for them to remain open after bad user defense has gotten them open.

I've lost count of how many times this year I've turned the ball over in an online match because I tried to pass the ball out to a wide open AI three point shooter who started cutting INTO a defender a split second before I pressed the pass button.

There is no justifiable reason why Peja Stojaković and Jerry West should be cutting into the paint or running around the three point line when they are already standing in a wide open spot from three.

The off-ball cutting from capable three point shooters also needs to stop happening whenever a post-up player is being double teamed. I'm tried of seeing Peja and Jerry RUN AWAY from wide open three point shots just because their man went down to double team a post player.

Last edited by jyoung; 10-14-2018 at 09:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2018, 10:17 PM   #6
bls
MVP

bls's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
because most users tend to run around pulling defenders out of position so chaotically.

This right here, they abuse the AI because they know once they switch off of them the AI will put the defensive player right back into position. Also In doing this, it confuses the offensive AI players as well causing them to go sporadic because how the defense moves is also tied into how the offensive player moves as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-25-2018, 03:52 AM   #7
Rookie

Wejwer89's Arena

With no space the floor option, and OP on ball defence - this game has become unplayable for me.

Watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCho...-zn9f0A/videos
Old 10-26-2018, 07:49 AM   #8
Rookie

Wejwer89's Arena

@DaCzar - are you aware of that situation?

Watch it:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCho...-zn9f0A/videos

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »