Home

2k19 WAYYY Over Powered Archetypes and Badges

This is a discussion on 2k19 WAYYY Over Powered Archetypes and Badges within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2018, 08:39 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: 2k19 WAYYY Over Powered Archetypes and Badges

If someone is around you, it effects your shot, regardless if they get a hand up or not. It’s not a strong contest or anything but it absolutely makes a difference.
My point is, 2k made it so that if someone is to the side of you, regardless of if they get a hand up even get a great contest, it registers as open. That makes no sense at all and it further makes stupid shots from sharps and stretch bigs OP.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 10-16-2018, 01:39 PM   #10
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrlandoTill
The game is exaggerated because most players have exaggerated understanding of basketball, kids play the game, adults try to intentionally break the game, and also there is some exaggerated things from the game.
I'd rather believe this than some conspiracy theory about the game intentionally being bad on purpose.

Defenders are getting 7 steals because more likely than not your PG is some Child from Idaho.

Rebounders are averaging 20 a game in 5 minute quarters because the half-court game doesn't exist in the JRC.

Lockdowns and Post Builds are shooting 60% and shooting 5 3's a game because there is a certain spot on the floor 2K has let them shoot 3's and people don't have the awareness to pick up transition shooters(also the percentages are somewhat high).

Sharpshooters are greening 3's because most of the community contests to the side and doesn't switch/communicate properly when playing with randoms.

I agree with some of the OP's points(the inside finishing, the high shooting percentages on the previous versions of the game, the steal spamming) but most of them likely already has been addressed in some patch already.

There are flaws but the game is literally on the brink of perfection with the amount of animations they have up to this point.
You kinda lost any credibility you may have had with this one line. They are far, far away from perfection.
Old 10-16-2018, 03:00 PM   #11
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchyNscratchy
Theres absolutely nothing wrong with rebounding. Its all about placement and the position you’re in. My pure glass gets outrebounded sometimes by other bigs but i dont cry about it. It was because they were at the spot first where the rebound is gonna go. Sometimes theres even pure lockdown SF’s that jump higher then me.
^^this guy is a pure glass. Hey I aint mad at you. some of my buddies are pure cleaners too. and they got mad when i said the easiest archetype to play with is a Pure glass. There's a reason why pure glass guys are the quickest to the microwave badge. and are almost always the quickest to get their takeover bar full.

Since this game has nerfed bigs in the paint. all boarders do is run in and snag. they dont really have to defend well. just stand there. and the guy will blow layups, dunks, no matter how good of a position he had on you no matter how highly he's rated, badges, etc. doesnt matter.

Rebounders just jump, snag, kick back out on offense without even having to turn around to face your teammates. just a wild kick out and its money if you run with a team full of shooters. since this game way over powers shooter archs.

as a Rebounder you do not have to box out. If you say you do, you're either not being honest or you havent played enough games to know this is the truth.

i told you earlier. a pure rebounder 88+ overal badged up. = 15+ rebs EASY without boxing out or doing anything special.
The last update made it even easier for them. I noticed a new animation where these guys will steal the ball from you while you're already rebounding it mid air. They will easily take it out of your guys hands even though they were completely out of position to get the board. can that happen in real life?> Sure. a lot? HECK NO. most of the time? Heck no. very rarely does this happen when another legit big has great position. It's 2ks way of over powering this archetype. Dont get all sensitive because you think you're putting in the work. sorry bro, you dont have to work that hard as a glass this year. it aint your fault, you didnt make the game. they did. you just like being a glass and thats fine too. again, not your fault. so dont come to 2k's rescue when we complain about stuff we know is 100% truth. It took my glass cleaning friends about 2 weeks to finally agree with me on this. i dont like how they dont let glass or any other bigs score in the paint properly. you guys suck at making basic layups. thats dumb and unrealistic. whats the point of having put back king when the game nerfs your animation to slow you down so some small dude can just put his hands up and tip block your put back? makes no basketball sense.

and to your point about Pure lockdown SF's getting rebounds over you.

This has always been the way it works with 2k.

Pure boarders get more boards than anyone, unless your a boarder/lock. you dont have to work for position to snag at minimum 15 per game with ease.

pure locks get the 2nd most boards. you only have to be in the vicinity not actually boxing out to steal rebounds. this is because this arch jumps the quickest out of all archs, even quicker than athletic rebs or pure athletic bigs. all facts. i've been studying these archs since they brought them out a few 2ks ago

athletic/boarders get the 3rd most rebounds but now you have to start working to get correct position.

The thing about pure locks is you can have a SF pure that can snag boards like a true Big man. because they jump so much quicker due to the arch and their lesser height/weight(more speed, which is some what realistic). pure locks = kevin garnett. Thats the idea they had when they created that archetype. when in reality Kev was a Lock / Post scorer, but you get the point he rebounded very well. or actually ben wallace(prime). He was short for a center but he could jump high and jump quickly. so he could get to rebounds faster than guys that were bigger/taller than him. Throw in dennis rodman as well. another pure lock. but the truth is dennis would be a Rebounder/Lock. but we know rebounders are slow. so that cant be him. but thats how 2k made those archs.

again the idea of a quick jumping defender is fine by me if the guy is thin. my problem is with guys getting rebounds out of their area or when they are completely and utterly boxed out to death. there is no chance in real life they would even be able to tip at the ball they are so boxed out. but 2k says give them that rebound anyway due to their archs and badges. thats not realistic at all. its cartoonish.

you have people working their tales off to get in great position to lose the battle to someone not even having to give any real effort. this doesnt mean there arent pure rebs out there that box out. their are and those dudes make you want to quit because the 2k over powered stuff + those guys skill = You will never grab a board. they will end the game with 22+ rebs. I know because i've seen it.

I have a post scoring/athletic (primary). I still snag lots of boards because I squeeze into great position more times than most. but doesnt matter vs these archs i mentioned. the game overrrides my hardwork.

Last edited by splashmountain; 10-16-2018 at 03:11 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2018, 05:35 PM   #12
MVP

redsfan4life's Arena

OVR: 16

There's no reason to make slasher your primary or secondary. Shot creators shoot just as well as sharps in this game it seems and they still get mid 70s dunk and nearly 90 layup which is more than enough to finish off the dribble. Slashers suck, shot creators are the toughest build in the game to guard this year. Playmakers were nerfed heavily, they can't really score unless they're wide open.
Old 10-16-2018, 05:39 PM   #13
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsfan4life
There's no reason to make slasher your primary or secondary. Shot creators shoot just as well as sharps in this game it seems and they still get mid 70s dunk and nearly 90 layup which is more than enough to finish off the dribble. Slashers suck, shot creators are the toughest build in the game to guard this year. Playmakers were nerfed heavily, they can't really score unless they're wide open.

I honestly don't think I've seen a single pure slasher under 6'10, it's amazing how bad they are this year.
Old 10-16-2018, 06:41 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 1

what were they thinking allowing sharps to trigger excellent releases on about every open look cause they had a good release smh.
Old 10-17-2018, 09:23 AM   #15
Rookie

Anything with shot creator. There’s no point for a wing to even pick slasher because shot creators slash just as well.

Rebounder builds aren’t OP to me. I think it’s more to do that everyone and their mama makes a wing so when you go against a rebounding build, you should expect to struggle to get boards. Glass Cleaners shouldnt get such good defensive stats though...

Pure post or post/shot creators that can do that cheese post hop stepback that creates 3 feet of space are lowkey OP.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2018, 01:28 PM   #16
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
what were they thinking allowing sharps to trigger excellent releases on about every open look cause they had a good release smh.
but making layups harder when just as open? DUMB
on no planet is a open super long range jump shot easier than a point blank layup with a guy thats 6'9 to 7'3 feet tall. on no planet.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »