Home

Deactivate Takeover?

This is a discussion on Deactivate Takeover? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-15-2018, 09:11 PM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Deactivate Takeover?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroDee4Three
However, we should be able to get rid of the black circle that shows up on rebounds. That IMO is ridiculous, and lets everybody on the floor know where the ball is going to land (So user vs user gameplay is impacted). I can't find a way to get rid of it, and it's frustrating.
Lmao you must have never played 2k5-2k7 on ps2 because in those games, that rebounding circle was there ALL THE TIME no matter What team you were it was ALWAYS there.
Old 10-15-2018, 09:36 PM   #10
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchyNscratchy
Lmao you must have never played 2k5-2k7 on ps2 because in those games, that rebounding circle was there ALL THE TIME no matter What team you were it was ALWAYS there.
Which part of my post said that it didn't happen in past games? I've been playing basketball video games since the early 90s. And which part of my post made you think that I "must have never" played previous versions of the games? Pointless post.

The expectation is that we should be able to turn off a feature like this, especially in 2018. Bringing up 2K's from over a decade ago, and somehow justifying it that way (which is what I think you were doing, I honestly don't know what you were doing) doesn't help the conversation at all.

Bottom line, having a marker show where the ball is going to land, and not being able to turn it off, hurts the user vs user experience at times.
Old 05-28-2019, 09:02 PM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Is There a way to completely. deactivate this takeover "Feature"? i am sorry, but something like that has no place in something that wants to be a Basketball Simulation. players being able to See markers that Show where a rebound comes down. players that can use elbow punches in the Post, so that opponents will be punched back several Meters. who thought Stuff like that is Good?! it can stay in Park or Whatever arcade Mode These kiddies want, but stay away from my serious myleague (offline/online) game Modes!
Funniest post on the net lol. I rolled when you said kiddies. Don't even know how to read them or deviate which is which. Found this thread trying to search how to use them. MyTEAM in general feels so street to me. I actually saw a post by from NBA 2k MyTEAM twitter account asking followers what they think of a half court badge.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-29-2019, 12:46 AM   #12
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I dont really find the Takeover function to be that overpowering. The wrestling like animations should definitely be replaced with something more basketball centric, but I've even blocked a couple of bigs after their "hip tosses", lol..
Agreed. It's really not that bad or OP. You can be stopped and you still can miss. I've missed wide open shots with high rated sharpshooters and i've been stopped in the post while in takeover. Plus, it's a nice fresh take on the boring on fire system, with things being based more on archetypes now. Some things can definitely be toned down though, like some of the post scorer animations.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »