Home

#SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project

This is a discussion on #SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-01-2018, 06:06 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: #SIMNATION Developer Feedback Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kushmir
Here again, I can't stress enough how the good timing = reward, bad timing = neutral outcome model has to be revised. Timing matters when we shoot, pass and even rebound. It has to matter on blocks and steals, gameplay has to stop rewarding spam. Noel bites on multiple pumpfakes here and should be whistled or be punished with terrible defensive position...but he gots a block? He can't FAIL and then keep a textbook defensive stance. Users have to RISK something if they want the REWARD of a block or steal. They simply don't get to spam until their timing is good.

How the lack of emphasis on block timing effects shooters (quite possibly the biggest issue) is exposed in the last part of the clip above. George misses a steal but nope, he doesn't lunge out of the play...no sir then he races back to block Redick's shot and leaps before the shot is even attempted but nothing happens. Thats the worse kind of SPAM. Imagine a Madden game where you go for the big HIT STICK miss and then recover to make the tackle to prevent a TD.

That's broken H2H balance. If gameplay doen't reward countering the other user there's really no reason to play.

Block Timing has to matter: We need to see this CONSISTENTLY when guys mistime block attempts and jump before the ball is even released.

I think I've got the winner for bad block timing being rewarded, in this clip i guessed he would shoot the corner 3, jumped at him and, well, look what happened.

There is no way this should ever happen.
Old 11-01-2018, 11:52 PM   #58
MVP

JBCAROLINAKID's Arena

OVR: 5

Fix the ACE system so teams will run thru there playbooks instead of running the Same couple plays over and over and isos.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-02-2018, 04:24 AM   #59
Rookie

gu8lal8's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
I'm actually surprised that charges haven't been properly incorporated into the game yet. I think making that a viable option defensively would add a welcomed element to the game both online and offline.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
I have 1 charge called in all the games I played online (6 min qtr), offline (12 min qtr). I play minimum 2 games/day.
It was in an offline USER vs USER game, my CPU teammate Horford (Celtics) drew a charge on Westbrook.
When I try to take a charge myself, it's like matador defense, the defender seems to take a step to the side before he tries to take the charge.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:12 AM   #60
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

Don't know if i'm too late but i'd like to see more stat overlays and things show on the screen that express the storyline of the game.
I'd also like to see more replays during stoppages. The game is so beautiful and it's bizarre that there aren't more replays. I have it set to "Often" but i don't see it often at all.
Old 11-05-2018, 06:46 AM   #61
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMagic
I'm actually surprised that charges haven't been properly incorporated into the game yet. I think making that a viable option defensively would add a welcomed element to the game both online and offline.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Operation Sports mobile app
Charges have to be organic and not always require user input tho....we shouldn't just see them by pressing circle. If the defender beats an offensive player to the spot and they're forcing the issue with turbo we need to see offensive fouls--especially by good defensive players. 2K17 had a good mechanic where you couldn't just turbo into guys.

Here are a few others:

Here's how far the game will go NOT to call offensive fouls this year. I had to depend on loose balls and bad passes to get a turnover.

Last edited by Kushmir; 08-07-2019 at 06:47 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2018, 07:13 AM   #62
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

I can't stress enough however, how badly long passes break the game and how blocking fouls need to make their return.

Defenses simply can't deal with the offense having the ability to get the ball from inbound to scoring position in a blink of an eye--it literally breaks the game. Defenders have to face the ball (like they do in reality) when they're getting back and most of all: REACT to it. Watch any NBA game--you can't even get the ball to quarter-court with NBA defenders lurking. That these passes get completed is an affront to gameplay.

The blocking foul was a great mechanic we saw in 2K17 and since has disappeared. It was a great mechanic for showing why perimeter mismatches were bad without 24/7 blow-bys. Sometimes it also represented when a defender was late and also added to the lack of foul calls we see overall. It really needs to make its return.

Last edited by Kushmir; 11-30-2018 at 08:10 AM.
Old 11-05-2018, 07:57 AM   #63
Formerly known as Barnsey

Barncore's Arena

I would like to see life-like lighting in the game next year, in terms of arena atmosphere. To me that is killing immersion. Players currently look flat, visually. Where's the shine? There's a little bit, but for the most part a player's arm is the same colour all over, especially for lighter skin players. There needs to be more light and shade to create depth.

I'd like to see some stylistic camera stuff too to make it look more like an actual broadcast. I'm talking camera grains, focus depth blur, lens flares? I don't know the terminology but it needs to look more like an actual broadcast in terms of lighting and camera effects.
Old 11-05-2018, 08:59 AM   #64
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

Watch any NBA game...defenders get back facing the ball. That offenses can go the length of the court like this and defenders aren't aware of the ball until its in the hands of scorers? CAN'T HAPPEN. This is a great shot for Tatum--and cheesers won't just wait until end-of-qtrs for this kind of thing...they'll recreate instances like this over and over all game long--because they CAN.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »