Home

Waiting on Pods [PARK]

This is a discussion on Waiting on Pods [PARK] within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-16-2018, 01:39 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Waiting on Pods [PARK]

does anyone actually like waiting around on pods in the park? I have legit watched someone in 2k18 wait on a got next spot, then hop off once 2 people get on and then run to the top of the map to wait on a different got next spot with no one. Then this same person hops off again (but this time just on his own with nobody joining him) and run back to the court he was just at where I am and just stand there with the open spot waiting to be filled. The team that just won wasn't full of 90 overalls. It was me and my friend playing and we were both 100 games over .500. I was a 91 and my friend was an 89 so its not like we are brown shirt bums. I see this same scenario play out pretty similarly all the time. Sometimes people seem to wait next to a got next spot and once they see that some else might take the spot they will hop on but then hop off to not allow the game to start...this is so frustrating.

I have even gone as far to think the parks have a bunch of AI Computers to make it seem full. I spend half my night waiting on pods. the other 3/4 of it waiting for new opponents to walk on and the last 1/4 of it actually playing! Why is there not matchmaking available for PARK?? How hard is it to match 3 people together and you get the option to stay on the same team after you win. Obviously if you didn't like how they played or if you had to log off you would just leave but if you enjoyed playing with these randoms you can vote to stay together. Rocket League is like this if any of you have played. The whole team stays together while you are winning. Maybe if a new person joined then they could see that the "current" team or whoever stayed is on a current win streak during the introductions. It would be cool also to see 2 teams on current win streaks go head to head. If I was a new person added to a team on a current win streak I certainly would like to play my best so I don't be the reason they finally lose.

I'm sure this has been beat to death but its 2018. Matchmaking should be in the game. Rant over
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-16-2018, 05:53 AM   #2
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: Waiting on Pods [PARK]

Yup. See it all the time.

2 guys left their spots last night cuz I guess I wasnt the right 90 overall for them. A 81 and a 77 hopped on with me and we ended up winning 3 games in a row

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Old 10-16-2018, 10:58 AM   #3
Rookie

kobe2theMAX's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Waiting on Pods [PARK]

Great post. Exactly.

I’m not buying this game next year if they decide to not make any major changes to the park. The park is all I ever cared for in 2K year after year but it’s now TRAGIC. It takes 85 years to find a game. People are so picky. It’s frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »