Home

NBA 2k vs Watching Pelicans vs Rockets real life Wednesday night game

This is a discussion on NBA 2k vs Watching Pelicans vs Rockets real life Wednesday night game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-04-2018, 03:15 PM   #89
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2k vs Watching Pelicans vs Rockets real life Wednesday night game

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
It funny, all summer leading up to 2k19 there was a common theme here that 2k18 wasn't that good and one of the main complaints about gameplay was how easy it was to blow by defenders. As 2k19 approached there was concern that the game was going to be too similar to 2k18 and that there were on minor changes.

Well it took less than a month after release for people to be complaining about the defense being too difficult and that driving on defenders should be easier. I just don't know what people want any more. Do you want to be able to drive at will or do you want a little resistance and challenge?
Yep. I saw it coming after all the complaints about blowbys in 2K18. Thankfully they didn't swing it all the way back to 2K17s brick wall defense. I think it's pretty well balanced (for 2Ks defense) between 2K17 and 18.
Old 11-04-2018, 09:45 PM   #90
Rookie

m29a's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Question is, what exactly do we want in these situations from a solution standpoint?
This was posted a couple pages back and I think would provide a pretty good middle ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
IF THE TECH ALLOWS

Blow byes should be controlled by onball def rating vs. Ball control and speed with ball rating.

This would make the poor defenders traffic cones if they make body contact with a good ball handler. It would also make poor defenders give space to open up the perimeter jumpshot game.
And then also as El_Poopador and VDusen04 mentioned, improve the rotations and help defense.

Last edited by m29a; 11-04-2018 at 09:47 PM.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:58 PM   #91
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
We should probably call 2k18 "preference" instead of realistic. Fact is, you could iso with Shaq from the top of the key and I initiate a blow by animation . That's not a example for dramatic effect, that's a video that was in one of the 15 specific (probably low balling it, I did a quick search) blow by threads that were made last year....a lot of folks from this thread were in those same threads. Choosing not to take advantage of it doesnt make the 1v1 interactions anymore realistic...

Question is, what exactly do we want in these situations from a solution standpoint?

Obviously I can’t speak for everyone, but I want realism. If I catch a defender leaning or playing on his heels, I want to be able to exploit that.

Everything comes down to proper foot planting, collision detection, and respect to momentum. With those things, you could have realistic drives where getting the first step gives you a distinct advantage, but also allow defenders to cut off the drive if they get to the spot first.

Then, rather than the absurd number of stonewall animations and knock backs, we should see way more blocking and charging calls when guys try to turbo to the basket. Currently, we’re lucky to see even one of those calls per game, because the things I mentioned above are nonexistent.

Those would make it so you could have realistic drives without crippling the defense, and realistic defense without crippling the ball handler.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-05-2018, 06:14 PM   #92
MVP

OVR: 3

The on ball defense would be cool (not perfect) if it didn't control the ball handler nearly as much. Right now its everything i hated about the live 18 demo. Live 19s implementation is actually better than what we have now imo.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »