Home

NBA 2k vs Watching Pelicans vs Rockets real life Wednesday night game

This is a discussion on NBA 2k vs Watching Pelicans vs Rockets real life Wednesday night game within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2018, 01:33 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: NBA 2k vs Watching Pelicans vs Rockets real life Wednesday night game

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
The way 2K18 handled blow-bys and dribble penetration is the biggest reason I played it far more than the previous few versions. It felt like the real life NBA. Elite offensive players could get by their man at will, as it should be. Force rotations, which lead to the beautiful ball movement that's abundant in today's league. Help defense is paramount in today's NBA but that's typically not the case in 2K. If you can't break down a defense and get into the paint you don't force rotations and don't get pretty ball movement. That is more or less the philosophy of modern NBA offense and if that isn't replicated well in the game then it's a problem.

But I'm an offline game who doesn't cheese. I wasn't trying to take people off the dribble with Enes Kanter all game long. This is the issue with online gaming: 2K has to find unrealistic ways to combat cheese to appease the online crowd. I still haven't bought 2K19 but this is disheartening to read. I hope sliders can get it closer to how 2K18 played for the offline folk.
That's the long and short of it. I've seen videos posted from 2K18 of Rudy Gobert getting to the rim with ease with the blow-by animation so I guess if someone online really wanted to exploit it they could, but that was never really an issue for me as an offline guy.

Now, it sort of feels like my offline experience has to suffer on account of the constant effort by online guys to exploit the game year-in and year-out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2018, 01:57 PM   #42
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04

Now, it sort of feels like my offline experience has to suffer on account of the constant effort by online guys to exploit the game year-in and year-out.
Sadly this is true

However people complained so much about getting to the rim with ease in 18 that now it's a challenge and now we get the opposite complaining?

It's kinda like the twilight zone up in here.

Also defenses are behind offense right now in the real NBA. There is no way they'll keep up the insane pace where guys are getting gassed on he 1st quarter, all season.

And you know why people shouldn't be using those examples?

It's because 10,000 things that DO happen in the NBA will occur in this game but nobody will even say anything about that.

Sent from my LG-LS998 using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2018, 02:00 PM   #43
Rookie

hurricane83's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Sadly this is true

However people complained so much about getting to the rim with ease in 18 that now it's a challenge and now we get the opposite complaining?

Also defenses are behind offense right now in the real NBA. There is no way they'll keep up the insane pace where guys are getting gassed on he 1st quarter, all season.

It's because 10,000 things that DO happen in the NBA will occur in this game but nobody will even say anything about that.

2k gets enough praise for the good they do. We try and highlight areas where they have fallen short in hopes that someone that can affect the gameplay will read and take heed. The thing is a lot of the people they bring in to test games are park, pro am god build cheesers. They aren’t bringing in sim players who are gonna give them sim minded feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-20-2018, 02:09 PM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
Sadly this is true

The problem is that 2k doesn't balance, they go from 1 extreme to the next, there was a middle ground to be found and they just skipped it altogether and went to the opposite end of the spectrum. Why isn't the blow by animation tied to speed/ball control/acceleration, after all last years game you could get blow bys with Enes Kanter Why is there no accountability on their part to find a balance? This year every defender is screaming "You shall not pass!" but it's our fault?

I played someone in 2k18 that turned Harrison Barnes into LeBron basically, he ran 1-4 with all of the Mavs best shooters on the floor and would keep trying to get the blow by animation until he got it, Barnes had gold posterizer so it was an auto dunk everytime he got it. If you sent help it was a green three, if you didn't help it was a dunk, and since it was a tier 5 team there was nobody who had defensive stopper badge to guard him. I later found out he was in the 2k league, which explains why he did it, since that's all they did in the league.

Last edited by ASAP Floppy; 10-20-2018 at 02:11 PM.
Old 10-20-2018, 02:20 PM   #45
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
It's a tough balance.

There were probably 10 variations of "hip ride/blow by" threads last year. I'm trying to figure out where everyone was when I was trying to fight the good fight against over doing it, lol.

2K17 was one if my least favorite 2K's because of the perimeter stickiness so I get it. In 2K18, Shaq could throw you in a hip ride from the 3 point line to the paint That's not an extrene example for effect, that's a video that was frequently posted in the Play Now Online thread.

I personally think 2K19 is somewhere in the middle. It's nowhere near the level of 2K17 as far as 1v1 interaction, definitely not seeing these "Zaza can lock down Westbrook" examples, but the floor definitely isn't as open as 2K18...which I also feel is caused by some other factors other than man on man defense.
I agree but the thing with 2k18 was that I was able to adjust man defense and speed to at least get some realistic outcomes even with adjusting this year the blowbys and hiprides dont look realistic and are sluggish..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2018, 05:23 PM   #46
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane83
2k gets enough praise for the good they do. We try and highlight areas where they have fallen short in hopes that someone that can affect the gameplay will read and take heed. The thing is a lot of the people they bring in to test games are park, pro am god build cheesers. They aren’t bringing in sim players who are gonna give them sim minded feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I just said they make changes based on online players wants/needs in the post, stop picking out parts you wanna argue.

This game is difficult to balance due to tech, play styles, demographics, etc...

Somebody is not going to be happy and some are, and theyre going to have to just take that on the chin and live with it

... Many of their fans are frauds and complain on the extreme sides as well... lets just put that out there for balance.
Old 10-20-2018, 05:25 PM   #47
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASAP Floppy
The problem is that 2k doesn't balance, they go from 1 extreme to the next, there was a middle ground to be found and they just skipped it altogether and went to the opposite end of the spectrum. Why isn't the blow by animation tied to speed/ball control/acceleration, after all last years game you could get blow bys with Enes Kanter Why is there no accountability on their part to find a balance? This year every defender is screaming "You shall not pass!" but it's our fault?

I played someone in 2k18 that turned Harrison Barnes into LeBron basically, he ran 1-4 with all of the Mavs best shooters on the floor and would keep trying to get the blow by animation until he got it, Barnes had gold posterizer so it was an auto dunk everytime he got it. If you sent help it was a green three, if you didn't help it was a dunk, and since it was a tier 5 team there was nobody who had defensive stopper badge to guard him. I later found out he was in the 2k league, which explains why he did it, since that's all they did in the league.

I honestly get sick of hearing about yall online adventures vs randoms as if yall don't already know cheaters cheat....and yet yall keep going back for more.

You already know what youre going to get online, i dont care what 2K does...they can't account for everything..and next year more cheating will happen.

In fact play some other games online and you'll run into random cheaters there as well.

When you find the answer to stopping them all, you'll be Very rich.
Old 10-20-2018, 08:47 PM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23

I honestly get sick of hearing about yall online adventures vs randoms as if yall don't already know cheaters cheat..

So stop coming into threads that pertain to the online game, simple right?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »