Home

115 Games Played in a an 82 Game Season?!?

This is a discussion on 115 Games Played in a an 82 Game Season?!? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-27-2018, 09:30 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: 115 Games Played in a an 82 Game Season?!?

So I gave it another try and may have found the reason why this is happening. When starting a new MyLeague and use Auto-Generated Draft classes, I do not get the stat bug. When I tried it again with a Saved Draft class, I get the bug.

I will do more testing to see if that is the case. It was late last night when I tried so I would like to make sure.

Stay tuned.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2018, 10:04 AM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserx13
So I gave it another try and may have found the reason why this is happening. When starting a new MyLeague and use Auto-Generated Draft classes, I do not get the stat bug. When I tried it again with a Saved Draft class, I get the bug.

I will do more testing to see if that is the case. It was late last night when I tried so I would like to make sure.

Stay tuned.
Now that I think about it, yeah the only time I didn't have the bug is when I auto-generated.

I guess this mean that we have to import our custom draft class once the regular season is over
Old 10-27-2018, 10:18 AM   #27
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

I only use auto generated classes so I might be okay. If I see any using auto generated I'll post about it.
Old 10-27-2018, 05:50 PM   #28
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by eraserx13

Stay tuned.

If so, make sure you find a way to get this to one of the devs, if this is indeed what is causing the glitch. Because if thats the case, there is going to be a lot of people pissed off since, the majority of us use Custom draft classes.

This issue better get fixed in a patch. I understand you cant catch every bug in pre release testing, but this is unexceptable, especially if they dont fix it.
I might feel different if there generated draft classes were better done, but since they are so poorly done, even if your a fake draft class user, you have to go in and make changes, because there ratings are poorly done, and the tendency ratings, arent even scaled the same way as the NBA players are. Like for instant, where your shot tendencies are for players, the real players are on a lower scale, than that of the generated drafts. Plus the colleges where IRL your draft picks usually come from are from power conferences, but not in NBA2k

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 10-27-2018, 06:42 PM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 3

So I retested it and it is definitely because of using a Created Draft Class. So to avoid the bug, you have to either use either an untouched historical draft class or an auto-generated one. In both cases, you can avoid the bug.

That said, a workaround for using a created draft class is to use an auto-generated one and then once the season is over and you are in the offseason, just import the created draft class anytime before the draft. Of course, you miss out on scouting specific players of your choice but you will have some players scouted come draft time.

Please post here if anyone still experiences the bug even after trying the steps above. Hopefully, we can stay on top of avoiding the bug until it is addressed in a patch hopefully.
Old 10-27-2018, 08:03 PM   #30
Rookie

Mortiis's Arena

OVR: 0

i use creted draft class, and i have played about 20 games and everything seems to be fine in the stats
Old 10-28-2018, 12:05 AM   #31
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

I just tested this, with both a Draft Class that I have been making, and then I ran another test with a Draft Class, from 2kshare, and I never ran into this glitch.

Those who are having this issue, try a different Draft Class off of 2kShare, maybe there is a possibility that the DC file your using is somehow corrupt.

Im on PS4, has anyone seen this issue on the PS4? If not, then maybe its a issue with the game on that console. I wouldnt think this would be the case, and I would say it would be highly unlikely that, that is the case. However I remember yrs ago, back with CH2k8, the game played fine on xbox, but had framerate issues in certain arena's, and it would also freeze up and crash on the PlayStation console. I remember this perfectly, because I switched over to a PS in 09, due to MLBTS, and I had all kinds of trouble with CH2k8 on the PS, that I didnt have when I had the xbox. Now I would think now days, that this wouldnt happen, but you never know.

While Im thrilled I havent been able to produce this glitch in any of my test, I feel bad for you guys who are having this issue. It really needs to be made known to the devs, because if it is indeed a issue with the game, it needs fixed in a patch, or they need to give everyone who is having this issue their money back, because this is unexceptable.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-28-2018, 12:19 AM   #32
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22

In the test I've done this seems to be the case as well.

Now to just find a workaround for the player tendency's for "under the basket" shooting to 99 at the beginning of the 2nd season.

One thing I have noticed is that the change doesn't happen to newly generated players or to any player that switched teams during the offseason. The glitch only changes the "under the basket" tendency for players who don't change teams during the offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »