Home

Help tried many slider sets to no avail.

This is a discussion on Help tried many slider sets to no avail. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2018, 10:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Help tried many slider sets to no avail.

I like to play MyLeague but the gameplay this year is killing me. I cannot stop the cpu from hitting whatever shot they take or blowing by my defender. I watch the SamPham videos and I'm a vet of the series but need some help because I'm about to put this game down and I really don't want to. I love the NBA I really like 2K's representation of the sport but the gameplay is killing me.

I try off-ball defending and that works sometimes but I feel as though the cpu isn't really making a good basketball play as much as it's trying to expose the player I'm choosing to defend with if that makes sense? Is there a slider to adjust to stop the cpu from having so much success with hitting shots? Is there a slider to help me be a better defender? I don't want to be the best 2K defender ever but I want to have fun like I used to when I play this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2018, 11:16 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Help tried many slider sets to no avail.

I am in the same boat as you, my friend.

I have played 2k for more than 6 years. I always played MyLeague, never online or any other mode. I do not consider myself a good player, but I managed to play good games against the CPU, mostly with Armors Average Joe sliders.

But 2k19 is absolutely frustrating. Most games play out the same. I can compete in the first quarter, but then, it's game over. The CPU goes on the roll for 3 quarters shooting 60+ % from the floor, where's my offense goes stone cold, barely shooting 20%.

I tried different slider sets for 2k19 (there are not that many slider sets in the first place), none worked so far. I always try to tinker with the sliders, but the more I try the more frustrating the game gets.

The last game against the Lakers they outscored me 47 to 8 in the second half!!! I played with the following shooting sliders (USER/CPU):

Inside: 54 / 40
Close: 52 / 39
Mid: 58 / 42
3pt: 60 / 45

Yet, I was not able to tally up any points, whereas the CPU went crazy. They constantly make heavy contested shots and I on the other hand, cannot make anything after the first quarter. I basically came to the conclusion that the sliders have no effect in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter, and that some rogue program code takes over.

IMO, the inside/driving contact slider and the gather/release sliders have a far bigger impact on the game. However, I haven't been able to find out how, or at least, how I can use them to get a better gaming experience.

Right now the game is not fun at all and I have the feeling that I am wasting my time with it or worse, only getting more frustrated.

So if you find something please report back as I am about to shelf this franchise for good.

Last edited by petz_e; 10-21-2018 at 11:19 AM.
Old 10-21-2018, 11:38 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 9

Best sliders for me on allstar!

Also look at Sam Pham's tutorials on youtube especially the defensive settings

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049583239
Old 10-21-2018, 10:20 PM   #4
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by petz_e
I am in the same boat as you, my friend.

I have played 2k for more than 6 years. I always played MyLeague, never online or any other mode. I do not consider myself a good player, but I managed to play good games against the CPU, mostly with Armors Average Joe sliders.

But 2k19 is absolutely frustrating. Most games play out the same. I can compete in the first quarter, but then, it's game over. The CPU goes on the roll for 3 quarters shooting 60+ % from the floor, where's my offense goes stone cold, barely shooting 20%.

I tried different slider sets for 2k19 (there are not that many slider sets in the first place), none worked so far. I always try to tinker with the sliders, but the more I try the more frustrating the game gets.

The last game against the Lakers they outscored me 47 to 8 in the second half!!! I played with the following shooting sliders (USER/CPU):

Inside: 54 / 40
Close: 52 / 39
Mid: 58 / 42
3pt: 60 / 45

Yet, I was not able to tally up any points, whereas the CPU went crazy. They constantly make heavy contested shots and I on the other hand, cannot make anything after the first quarter. I basically came to the conclusion that the sliders have no effect in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarter, and that some rogue program code takes over.

IMO, the inside/driving contact slider and the gather/release sliders have a far bigger impact on the game. However, I haven't been able to find out how, or at least, how I can use them to get a better gaming experience.

Right now the game is not fun at all and I have the feeling that I am wasting my time with it or worse, only getting more frustrated.

So if you find something please report back as I am about to shelf this franchise for good.
Armor always has sliders that I like especially on MLB the Show. Thanks for responding and it's uplifting to know others share the struggle. I'll keep tinkering and if I find something I'll post back.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2018, 10:21 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by keshunleon
Best sliders for me on allstar!

Also look at Sam Pham's tutorials on youtube especially the defensive settings

https://forums.operationsports.com/f...post2049583239
Will try right now, thanks!

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »