Home

Its clear to me now that 2K doesnt listen to its community based on this clip

This is a discussion on Its clear to me now that 2K doesnt listen to its community based on this clip within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-26-2018, 03:41 PM   #9
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Its clear to me now that 2K doesnt listen to its community based on this clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUSTlFIED
I disagree that its a reach, but will agree its a mater of opinion.

Mike only referenced layups maybe 3 or 4 times on twitter,never specifically standing layups, but Ill give him the benefit of doubt that he was speaking on layups across the board.

He only mentioned layups getting a shot timing boost, and nerfing inside contest.

The true issue is standing layups/dunks, (driving is fine), and the animations that comes with them.

As I mention in a post above, it wasnt the shot Ronnie took that made me come to the conclusion, him missing it based on the defense was legit. It was his reaction after, specifically him saying "Im a Finisher, why can't I finish?" then after the other archetype did make a finish, his response was "Oh it totally makes sense for you to finish" in a sarcastic tone

The answer to his question is that [again] standing layups/dunks animations are broken. Its evidence of the numerous videos posted of bigs falling to the ground for 10sec after barely being touched, and standing green release lay-up missing or sometimes not even reaching the rim.

If you dont think its a issue, then its not much else to say to convince you. The vast majority of Youtubers are Sharps and Stretches, those of us that play Inside Bigs know its a problem, and 2K has yet to specifically acknowledge it
As with most if these type posts....my issue is with the narrative your building around it to emphasize your point...nowhere in my post did I say I didn't think it was an issue, there's presently a pretty sizable thread on this exact issue I've chimed in on.....but drawing all those conclusions from an offhand comment from Ronnie feels forced...

But yeah, I dont think Mike somehow boosted layups for positions 1-3 purposely leaving bigs out...but there are definitely some inherit issues with finishing that handicaps bigs I'd say....I'm not sure changing or speeding up the entire library of finishes inside is even possible this cycle..
Old 10-26-2018, 05:00 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Its clear to me now that 2K doesnt listen to its community based on this clip

Well I can say what my narrative is without beating around the bush if thats what you think I'm doing (not accusing you, btw. I understand intent can get lost in forum posts)

My narrative is 2K devs are straight up ignoring or not even acknowledging the issue with standing dunks/layups and nonsense animations that big men are experiencing, because the point that they are broken has been beating to death, and I'm past that.

The fact that Ronnie reacted the way that he did leads me to believe that there doesn't even seem (keyword, but perception is everything)to be internal discussion about it, at the very least inter-department with the one guy who is consumer facing and has to carry the complaints on his shoulders publicly (though it isnt his job, but he does need to sell the game)

Your initial response referencing Mike's Twitter, and saying they definitely know its an issue because Youtubers play Park/Pro-Am, suggested to me that you were defending them because it is ,in fact, one of the main complaints within the community, as you also acknowledge. The reason the 1-3 positions dont really notice it is because they are mostly driving to the rim vs posting up.

Aside from what I mentioned in my last post, if they have acknowledge it, it has been only among themselves and you, I assume, since you said they have.

So yes, after the many videos of the issue, the forum posts, and Ronnie's surprised and frustrated reaction, along with every other means we have to beat the drum on the issue I stand by my narrative. Call it feeling forced or whatever, I know I'm not alone and I'm confident that the majority of those who play Inside Big men will agree with it

Last edited by JUSTlFIED; 10-26-2018 at 07:07 PM.
Old 10-26-2018, 05:24 PM   #11
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

I'm sorry... Point blank, if ratings play into anything he says he's a "finisher". With athletics with full badges and especially from the other side of the basket, unless you're blocking it that's a pretty high percentage shot. The man guarding him can make you contort your shot, that's fine. But you see that was a full bar too. So ratings/timing/badges should weigh heavily especially with late defense. That's a gimme with Drummond, Griffin, Davis, Cousins... Pretty much any finisher in the league that's REALLY hard to stop them UNDER the basket. Should it be 100%? Absolutely not.. But neither should fadeaway 3s with 2 people on you. And they can GREEN those.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2018, 03:08 AM   #12
Rookie

Dyslexicphish's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
I'm sorry... Point blank, if ratings play into anything he says he's a "finisher". With athletics with full badges and especially from the other side of the basket, unless you're blocking it that's a pretty high percentage shot. The man guarding him can make you contort your shot, that's fine. But you see that was a full bar too. So ratings/timing/badges should weigh heavily especially with late defense. That's a gimme with Drummond, Griffin, Davis, Cousins... Pretty much any finisher in the league that's REALLY hard to stop them UNDER the basket. Should it be 100%? Absolutely not.. But neither should fadeaway 3s with 2 people on you. And they can GREEN those.

Exactly. Good defense in this case isn't necessarily contesting the shot but instead preventing him from getting to that position and getting the ball in the first place. This is something I feel 2k has never really replicated well.

Last edited by Dyslexicphish; 10-27-2018 at 03:11 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »