Home

NBA 2K19 Roster Update Details (11-15)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K19 Roster Update Details (11-15) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-17-2018, 10:22 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: NBA 2K19 Roster Update Details (11-15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelopedia
Correct.

Intangibles at 25 and intangibles at 99 is a difference of almost 6 overall points. The attribute has literally no purpose other than to change overall ratings without actually changing anything. Not saying this isn't useful (as I mentioned before about CPU lineups and salary demands) but 2k simply uses this rating to avoid doing actual ratings corrections while still appeasing twitter.
2k has backed themselves into a corner and intangibles are a bandaid. Because so much of the off court game revolves around OVR (rotations, contracts, trade value, etc.) it is a major issue. If players like Kyle Korver (my always go to example, although he is getting old) actually had correct ratings, he would never play and have zero value in trades or Free agency. OVR doesn't account for players with low athleticism but one or two very high level, useful skills (3&D). So not only do they use intangibles to pump up OVR they also overinflate athleticism attributes for bigs (which REALLY impacts game play) and 3&D types.

In addition, OVR is big money and PR. NBA Players tweet about it, fans debate it. 2k knows this, which is why it's so important for them to overinflate high draft picks and to quickly bump up a Derrick Rose this year. Otherwise you get a million posts/tweets on the internet complaining about why so and so isn't a higher OVR or this guy hasn't dropped.

I would be very interested to see how much of the increases in OVR in this update might be related to intangibles. That said, it saddens me that they can bump up Derrick Rose five points on 15 games of evidence but can't fix basic issues with attributes and tendencies that have afflicted certain players for years.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »