Home

Pure glass cleaner == easy mode

This is a discussion on Pure glass cleaner == easy mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2018, 08:48 PM   #57
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Pure glass cleaner == easy mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
Thrust, can i ask you a simple question. Why are you debating me in this thread when you have REBOUNDING IN YOUR BUILD? i stated that the moment you told me your build. You have no legs to stand on saying the build isnt OP. You're one of them Thrust. not saying you're a cheeser. it aint your fault the build is OP. it is what it is. Come talk to me when you have a non REB build. Remember Thrust. I have both a non rebounding build, and a pure, and I play friends as well as randoms all the time with GC builds. I know what i speak of. I've already told the story of playing vs a nba 2k league pro player early early on. and he was of course a pure GC> why? because he knew that was one of the OP builds to jump on early.

And half of your experience with these OP builds isnt even real thats the issue you have. you want to think "bu bu but I'm doing work." you dont have to. you're doing work when you dont need to. If you dont believe it. Try it. Stop boxing guys out as much and just start jumping and watch you snag the same amt rebounds. i play these guys too much to be told it aint true. i know its facts because i've played them, played with the same build too. so i know it from both sides. I'm not bias due to having one the entire time. You are. You dont want to admit it because that makes you feel like you're not good. you could be good. but you dont have to be with that build is my point.
Because you specifically mentioned HoF Hustle Rebounder which I don’t have. You’ve mentioned Rebounding takeover several times which I didn’t have until 94 and doesn’t trigger as often as main Rebounders. You’ve also mentioned height multiple times in this thread and I’m only 6’11. Now you’re circling back to me having Rebounding in my build.

I’m really uncertain what exactly you think the Rebounding Archetype should provide. Sharpshooting gives you access to additional range and a bunch of accuracy buffs. Slashing gives you more favourable contact dunk animations and allows for better finishing in traffic. Playmaking gives you access to better dribbling, speed with the ball and improves your passing (along with everyone else’s finishing). Defending gives better steal and block animations and increases your speed without the ball. Shot creating gives you leaners, shooting badges and some finishing badges. Post Scoring gives you more favourable outcomes on post moves and improved accuracy out of them. Rebounding gives you more favourable animations on rebounds and allows you to boxout more effectively as well as slip boxouts more often.

I mean why should a Pure Stretch or a Pure Post be able to rebound as well as a rebounding build simply by boxing out? Anyone can boxout. I can’t shoot like a Pure Stretch just because I can get open and hit the shoot button. I can’t leave a guy with his jock on the floor just because I hit square in a post up. I mean what would be an acceptable spread on rebounds for a non-rebounding build vs a rebounding one? 2 to 3? Or should it just be based off who boxes out the best?
Old 12-03-2018, 10:20 PM   #58
Banned

I really wonder what kind of build this splashmountain guy has apparently he thinks the archetype you choose, should not play like that archetype. He’s obviously not being logically sound. Everything he says is just crying with absolutely no point at all.
Old 12-04-2018, 01:18 PM   #59
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItchyNscratchy
I really wonder what kind of build this splashmountain guy has apparently he thinks the archetype you choose, should not play like that archetype. He’s obviously not being logically sound. Everything he says is just crying with absolutely no point at all.
i already answered that question. and you're asking the wrong question. its not just about what build I have. its about what builds i play against often.

but for the record

I have multiple bigs.

Center - 6'10 post/athletic finisher - max reach, weight approx 260lbs (my hakeem..lol)

Center - 7'3 pure reb, max weight ( i just made him to see how op it is to use one of these guys. I still personally dont like them because i dont want to sit around and only rebound and pass out. but thats just me. i like rebounding but i also like putting moves on people too. sure i can score with this guy because i know how to do moves regardless of my arch. but its not the same.

C-pure athletic ( i should not have made this build the way i did. i figured it out too late. I made him slightly too light in the butt, and slightly shorter than i should have. which is why i never use him. He will never do what i want him to do due to 2k nerfing the standing layups.dunks. the only way you can get semi proper standing dunks to consistently animate on most players is to make sure you can open the Elite Contact dunk animation along with the bigman contact dunk animation.

C- 6'11 250ish..Rebounding/Athletic Finisher - This is becoming my favorite build and its the last guy i made since now i understand how the stupid animations work as far as what animations are super nerfed vs others.

^^just because of i have rebounding even as a 2ndary option and i have silver hustle rebounder heading to gold in a bit, and silver put back king, and bronze quick reflexes. I can now at worse break even with a lot of pure rebs Unless they are 94 rated+ with max badges. and this guy of my is only an 87.

again. I have friends that have pure rebs at Center, and PF. some max height/weight, some max height but thin, some 6'11 ish 250 or so lbs. badged up.

I play these same types in JRC and in pro am. this is how i can be very specific about what i see them doing and how they are actually getting a lot of their rebounds. i can also tell you about how easy it is for rebounders to grade up. throw rebounding at primary or 2ndary and your grade for the most part is safe as long as you are decent at basketball. If you have a big and you dont pick a reb/defender/or sharp. it will take a while for your takeover bar to fillup each game and it will be rough for you on the grades especially if you play against a decent rebounder. because they dont give you a lot of love for snagging rebounds with non rebounding builds. but they will kill your grade for a pure reb or rebounding build snagging rebounds on you. your grade will drop like crazy. makes no sense when you think about it.
if you are a pure reb and have all the tools to be great at rebounding. why are they giving you even more hook ups on the grade and takeover badge?

shouldnt you reward the hardwork of someone pulling off great rebounds that are not actual rebounders meaning they have to really work their butts off to pull it off? just sayin

and lastly. the only people that think i'm just crying with no point at all are you glass cleaners. LOL. hilarious. yall are getting your feelings hurt because i said your build is OP meaning what you think you're doing you're not really doing. because you dont have to try nearly as hard as other builds(not sharps). you know its true, i know its true, we all know its true but because you dont want to admit it. you're mad at me for calling out 2k for their issues. Or you know the build is OP and thats why you chose it and you dont want any devs peaking in here and fixing that build to make it more realistic. you like it unrealistic just the way it is. some people dont like when 2k nerfs things because it knocks off the realism. others dont like the nerfing because it kills said person's ability to dominate.

Last edited by splashmountain; 12-04-2018 at 01:23 PM.
Old 12-04-2018, 02:31 PM   #60
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17

I have post-scoring rim-protector (7'1" 275 lbs. or so) center. I average 12 rebounds a game with this build (my only build thus far). I've played close to 150 games in JRC, so while not as many as others, I feel as if it's enough games to get a feel of pretty much every build. There's 2 builds I hate guarding in JRC; pure stretches (when I get moved to the 4) and glass cleaners. Overall, I would say I outrebound glass cleaners about 75% of the time, however that's mainly because 75% of glass cleaners are certified bums.

If someone knows how to use a glass cleaner, then it's a tough game for me on the boards. I've seen some wild animations that get GC's to the ball or through my guy. I think my biggest issue with GC's is what splash has mentioned to a certain extent and that is... having a GC boxed out means nothing about half the time. I'm well positioned, have the GC boxed out, jump at the appropriate time and still the GC somehow just morphs to the ball all because he hit the jump button. It's frustrating doing everything right a whole possession, and then 2K bails out the other team with an offensive rebound (then almost always an auto 3) just because they have a GC.

I get where both of you're coming from and agree with both; just wanted to give some input as well.
Old 12-04-2018, 04:44 PM   #61
Rookie

Glass cleaners are supposed to be great at rebounding.... both of their archetypes are rebounding.

To me a build that's super strong that hardly nobody complains about is the playmaking sharp. That build has literally no weaknesses on offense... gold playmaking badges, high ball handling, can finish around the basket and can shoot like a sharpshooter.

When damn near every professional pro-am team uses the same build at PG, that should set off a red flag as the build is too strong. I guess why nobody complains about it is because its not the best at any one thing, but its elite at many things if that makes any sense.

I have a pure playmaker who has maxed out badges and I'm seriously considering changing to a play sharp because it's just the best all around offensive build in the game

Last edited by sammy watkins; 12-04-2018 at 04:46 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2018, 06:20 PM   #62
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
I disagree heavily with the 7’3 part. Unless I’m just a god at rebounding, I have no problem whatsoever outboarding bigger centers.
its the quick reflexes. so approx 6'11 to 7'1 is probably the sweet spot. 7'3 is more for defense and boarding. and whoever said they have mediocre defense is nuts. they have gold rim and i think gold defense stopper. thats basically a defender/rebounder in a nutshell. i dont see any logical reason to pick a defender/ rebounder to be honest. if you want op defense just get a pure defender or pick some other build alongside your defense as the primary.they still snag well too.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:24 PM   #63
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriech23
I have post-scoring rim-protector (7'1" 275 lbs. or so) center. I average 12 rebounds a game with this build (my only build thus far). I've played close to 150 games in JRC, so while not as many as others, I feel as if it's enough games to get a feel of pretty much every build. There's 2 builds I hate guarding in JRC; pure stretches (when I get moved to the 4) and glass cleaners. Overall, I would say I outrebound glass cleaners about 75% of the time, however that's mainly because 75% of glass cleaners are certified bums.

If someone knows how to use a glass cleaner, then it's a tough game for me on the boards. I've seen some wild animations that get GC's to the ball or through my guy. I think my biggest issue with GC's is what splash has mentioned to a certain extent and that is... having a GC boxed out means nothing about half the time. I'm well positioned, have the GC boxed out, jump at the appropriate time and still the GC somehow just morphs to the ball all because he hit the jump button. It's frustrating doing everything right a whole possession, and then 2K bails out the other team with an offensive rebound (then almost always an auto 3) just because they have a GC.

I get where both of you're coming from and agree with both; just wanted to give some input as well.
good response. and once again as i explained time and time again.
the best rebounders are GC's and Defenders(defenders have quicker reflexes or quicker jump animations if you will. So they can out rebound people by getting to the peak of their vert quicker than say a pure GC that is trash on the sticks. defenders have always had the quick hops no matter what position you put them at. you can play PF with a pure defender at SF if you make him 6'8 with long arms. thats because he will be able to jump with legit PF's and snag boards anyway. its just that their offense is trash in the paint.
Old 12-04-2018, 06:37 PM   #64
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy watkins
Glass cleaners are supposed to be great at rebounding.... both of their archetypes are rebounding.

To me a build that's super strong that hardly nobody complains about is the playmaking sharp. That build has literally no weaknesses on offense... gold playmaking badges, high ball handling, can finish around the basket and can shoot like a sharpshooter.

When damn near every professional pro-am team uses the same build at PG, that should set off a red flag as the build is too strong. I guess why nobody complains about it is because its not the best at any one thing, but its elite at many things if that makes any sense.

I have a pure playmaker who has maxed out badges and I'm seriously considering changing to a play sharp because it's just the best all around offensive build in the game
you're not hearing the point. i can tell you guys have played 2k for so long, you kind of thinks this is the way these archs are supposed to be. NO. thats not true if they are going for realism. if they're going for arcadeish/cartoonish style basketball then i would agree. OP every position with what they are supposed to be good at like a cartoon basketball movie(spacejams).

Lets go over this again. i'm talking about having a more realistic style of play therefore having a more realistic set of Archetypes/badges and how those animations kick in or not.

Ask yourself what makes a real life GC be so good at rebounding? its not a badge, its not a rating. its the person's work ethic on the glass, never stop hustling, which again to me means they need to have more energy to rebound and make it hell for non GC"S to fight with them. thats REAL and not OP.

In addition. they should have stronger Box out animations even pre takeover. again, this is Realistic, great rebounders are kings at boxing people out.

If you choose to make a 6'8 to 6'9 Big man GC and he's not to heavy. they should allow for quicker jumping speed similar to Defenders at even taller heights. because thats again realistic to what you see in real life with guys like rodman, ben wallace, dwight howard(who may have been 6'10 at best if he's being honest. a lot of these well known shorter non 7 foot bigs that have quick HOPS. are usually not 7 feet at all, they are usually 6'9 or so.

rodman was somewhere around 6'8 to 6'9(max). but he had super quick pogo stick like hops.

or you have the super short but super hops guy and strong guys like Prime Charles Barkley. dude was 6'5 max more like 6'4. but heavy as hell and had incredible hops for a guy at that weight. his box out was next level.

Notice nothing i just mentioned said anything about guys jumping clearly over guys backs for no calls. Notice i didnt say anything about any of these rebounders, just jumping in the vicinity of the ball and the basketball animating towards their hands like their hands were ball magnets. But thats what happens in 2k OFTEN.

You should be better equip to clean the glass as a glass cleaner. you should not be GIVEN rebounds just because you're a glass cleaner. do you guys understand that point? i think thats the biggest part where the confusion lies or where our differences lie. I never liked 2k's idea of GIFTING people with certain badges things they did not earn.
Whats supposed to happen if you want realism. is to give people better tools for their types of players so it makes it EASIER for them to do those things they are good at. never just hand it to them. rebounders are some of if not thee hardest workers in basketball. make it a hardwork archetype. but reward them with the proper tools and with boards when they put in the work. not just cause.

If you want to go further. dont reward slashers/athletic guys with fancy dunks. give them the hops and glide time to perform them. but make them have to pull off those dunks. similar but not as crazy as the dunk contest. if i want to do a around the back windmill. i have to move the sticks in the proper directions while in mid air to perform said dunk.
if i do it right and have the right hops. YAM. beautiful dunk. If not. FAIL.

Stop gifting animations to certain archs and not allowing certain animations that make sense to others. I want a lot more control than 2k is obviously willing to give us. but that also means you have to work to beat me. you cant just expect 2k to do half the work for you. thats what i call true Competitive play. its me vs you. no cpu help. lets see who the best at this position.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »