Home

Pure glass cleaner == easy mode

This is a discussion on Pure glass cleaner == easy mode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2018, 06:49 PM   #65
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Pure glass cleaner == easy mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriech23
I have post-scoring rim-protector (7'1" 275 lbs. or so) center. I average 12 rebounds a game with this build (my only build thus far). I've played close to 150 games in JRC, so while not as many as others, I feel as if it's enough games to get a feel of pretty much every build. There's 2 builds I hate guarding in JRC; pure stretches (when I get moved to the 4) and glass cleaners. Overall, I would say I outrebound glass cleaners about 75% of the time, however that's mainly because 75% of glass cleaners are certified bums.

If someone knows how to use a glass cleaner, then it's a tough game for me on the boards. I've seen some wild animations that get GC's to the ball or through my guy. I think my biggest issue with GC's is what splash has mentioned to a certain extent and that is... having a GC boxed out means nothing about half the time. I'm well positioned, have the GC boxed out, jump at the appropriate time and still the GC somehow just morphs to the ball all because he hit the jump button. It's frustrating doing everything right a whole possession, and then 2K bails out the other team with an offensive rebound (then almost always an auto 3) just because they have a GC.

I get where both of you're coming from and agree with both; just wanted to give some input as well.
I guess my question to this would be - what, to you, would be the acceptable amount for them to slip your boxout or still snag the board over you? They’ve chosen rebounding as an archetype over other options so there has to be some inherent advantage. If it’s just whoever boxes out better wins than you might as well not even have a rebounding archetypes. I would say 80% of rebounds, at least, end up with one Center trying to boxout another so it would be a pretty useless archetype if it only helped for uncontested rebounds. I could accept the argument that maybe they overcome boxouts too often but I have a hard time with suggesting they shouldn’t be able to period.

I believe Rebounding is a skill in this game. Sure a mediocre Pure GC might get 10 or 12 a game by, more or less, hitting the jump button all game. Just like a mediocre Pure Sharp might shoot 50% and score 15 points a game. But a skilled one will anticipate shots, take crafty routes to the basket, avoid boxouts and boxout effectively himself and average 15 or 16 a game WITHOUT just strafing in and out of the paint all game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2018, 08:10 PM   #66
Pro

Pure glass cleaner == easy mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith01
'fresh off the plane from china' lol. Well crap.

Dude Ima 93 OVR pure glass cleaner with hundreds of JRC games, so I know this build.

- YES rebounding is OP. As it should be! He's a pure GC
- HOF break starter. Big deal. You ever see Kevin Love play? He does that on the regular.

I don't get that you're complaining that REBOUNDING IS OP. It's supposed to be! But it can be minimized if you have an opposing center who was smart enough to include rebounding as part of his build. If you made a pure stretch C or some soft/finesse center, that's on the USER not the game.

But the build itself is not OP because 1) Bad at offense 2) Mediocre at defense. You'll never see a GC score 30 or 40 because they don't have the inside or outside skills to do so. Therefore, not OP. OP = overpowered and unbalanced. GC's have balance because they suck at other skills. Now can the same be said about Pure Sharps who can put up 50+ easy and shoot from half court, AND they aren't enough liabilities in other skills? Don't think so.

Then by your own logic, no build is OP. That includes Pure Sharps or Stretch Bigs, because they’re “balanced” as well. They are slow, can’t rebound, can’t play defense, and can’t dribble. Therefore, by your own logic, they aren’t OP.

Nobody wants to admit that their build is OP, like it’s somehow a knock on their skill.

Every single build in this game is OP at something. That’s the way the game was designed!

The problem is that the two most game changing things (rebounds and 3’s) are also the most OP and combine extremely well together.

There’s a reason that most centers are glass cleaners, most power forwards are stretch bigs, and every single other position is some type of shooting build.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by awg811; 12-04-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:34 AM   #67
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
I have post-scoring rim-protector (7'1" 275 lbs. or so) center. I average 12 rebounds a game with this build (my only build thus far). I've played close to 150 games in JRC, so while not as many as others, I feel as if it's enough games to get a feel of pretty much every build. There's 2 builds I hate guarding in JRC; pure stretches (when I get moved to the 4) and glass cleaners. Overall, I would say I outrebound glass cleaners about 75% of the time, however that's mainly because 75% of glass cleaners are certified bums.

If someone knows how to use a glass cleaner, then it's a tough game for me on the boards. I've seen some wild animations that get GC's to the ball or through my guy. I think my biggest issue with GC's is what splash has mentioned to a certain extent and that is... having a GC boxed out means nothing about half the time. I'm well positioned, have the GC boxed out, jump at the appropriate time and still the GC somehow just morphs to the ball all because he hit the jump button. It's frustrating doing everything right a whole possession, and then 2K bails out the other team with an offensive rebound (then almost always an auto 3) just because they have a GC.

I get where both of you're coming from and agree with both; just wanted to give some input as well.
You nailed it with the animations.

Wish my 2 way athletic finisher got the OP animations off dunking on everybody in the paint rather then going for wide open missed lay ups all the time.....
Old 12-05-2018, 08:55 AM   #68
MVP

Kriech23's Arena

OVR: 17
Icon8 Re: Pure glass cleaner == easy mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
I guess my question to this would be - what, to you, would be the acceptable amount for them to slip your boxout or still snag the board over you? They’ve chosen rebounding as an archetype over other options so there has to be some inherent advantage. If it’s just whoever boxes out better wins than you might as well not even have a rebounding archetypes. I would say 80% of rebounds, at least, end up with one Center trying to boxout another so it would be a pretty useless archetype if it only helped for uncontested rebounds. I could accept the argument that maybe they overcome boxouts too often but I have a hard time with suggesting they shouldn’t be able to period.

I believe Rebounding is a skill in this game. Sure a mediocre Pure GC might get 10 or 12 a game by, more or less, hitting the jump button all game. Just like a mediocre Pure Sharp might shoot 50% and score 15 points a game. But a skilled one will anticipate shots, take crafty routes to the basket, avoid boxouts and boxout effectively hself and average 15 or 16 a game WITHOUT just strafing in and out of the paint all game.

I don't have an issue with it GC's or anyone getting a rebound over me if I get to them late or my check out isn't clean. There's just been way too many times that I'll have a GC on my back, time my jump right and they'll either bully through me (somehow w/o a foul) or the ball magically gets to their hands. *This is the equivalent of pure sharps/stretches hitting fade-away 3's from 28 feet imo (which happens way too often as well)

Look rebounders should be good at rebounding, I'm not arguing that. If it's a 50/50 (as in no one technically has the advantage) ball and no one's checked a GC, then they should get that rebound the majority of the time. I said it in my first post, but to me, the animations are overpowered for GC's (even when they aren't in takeover) which allots them at least a couple of extra rebounds and possessions a game which they shouldn't get. And with as easy as kick-out 3's are, that's an issue.
Old 12-05-2018, 12:48 PM   #69
Rookie

So I've been going against more Glass Cleaners and kinda agree with op. Even with a pure post scorer and 91 strength, these Glass Cleaners, once they get underneath the rim are impossible to move. Idk about y'all but every glass I've played seem to stand under the rim. When it comes to finishing they suck, but underneath the rim it seems like they score 9/10 times. I sometimes get wonky animations and my dude don't even box out.
Old 12-05-2018, 01:35 PM   #70
Pro

Quote:
I don't have an issue with it GC's or anyone getting a rebound over me if I get to them late or my check out isn't clean. There's just been way too many times that I'll have a GC on my back, time my jump right and they'll either bully through me (somehow w/o a foul) or the ball magically gets to their hands. *This is the equivalent of pure sharps/stretches hitting fade-away 3's from 28 feet imo (which happens way too often as well)

Look rebounders should be good at rebounding, I'm not arguing that. If it's a 50/50 (as in no one technically has the advantage) ball and no one's checked a GC, then they should get that rebound the majority of the time. I said it in my first post, but to me, the animations are overpowered for GC's (even when they aren't in takeover) which allots them at least a couple of extra rebounds and possessions a game which they shouldn't get. And with as easy as kick-out 3's are, that's an issue.
I hear you. I just feel like not very many rebounds are 50/50. Typically someone is being boxed out, one way or the other. I’m not sure the archetype would have much value if they didn’t occasionally slip boxouts or snag over someone’s head. But, hey, that’s just my perspective!
Old 12-05-2018, 06:47 PM   #71
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
I hear you. I just feel like not very many rebounds are 50/50. Typically someone is being boxed out, one way or the other. I’m not sure the archetype would have much value if they didn’t occasionally slip boxouts or snag over someone’s head. But, hey, that’s just my perspective!
occasionally Yes. not all the time like it happens now. again you can't tell because you have REBOUNDING in your build.

basically your guy is Half OP. lol. and you're discussing what is or isnt OP based on what happens with you vs other Full OP and half OP guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2018, 07:28 PM   #72
Banned

Lmao this dude said half OP and full OP......

What the f*ck does that even mean?!?!?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »