Home

Pure sharpshooters are OP??? Post your Sharps 3pt%, PPG and Win% plz (rec/park)

This is a discussion on Pure sharpshooters are OP??? Post your Sharps 3pt%, PPG and Win% plz (rec/park) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2018, 07:35 PM   #73
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Pure sharpshooters are OP??? Post your Sharps 3pt%, PPG and Win% plz (rec/park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jros22
Most of my shots were open and and no gold badges, silver deep range deadeye and silver limitless range but i don't have much success on contested shots.
are you arms short?
Old 12-04-2018, 08:34 AM   #74
Rookie

Jros22's Arena

Re: Pure sharpshooters are OP??? Post your Sharps 3pt%, PPG and Win% plz (rec/park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by splashmountain
are you arms short?
Yeah my player is short thats why i wanted to try a jumpshot that gets high off the ground.

Statcast 90 ft times converted to MLB The Show Ratings:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 12-05-2018, 01:41 AM   #75
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb625
because "wE nEeD a SkIlL gAp NoT rEaLiSm."

haha, late but, to me, skill gap is how you respond to realistic adversity. That's why people who can only play one (generally the best) archetype aren't great. That's why people who quit out or run against the corner of the screen when the game doesn't go their way aren't great.

Realistic sports gaming should be about overcoming adversity. Running in circles until you get open and firing up a three is not a lot of adversity. Finding a way to win when you shoot 3-13 on great looks, that's realism.

Esp when your 3rd bucket is the game winner. haha. Best feeling.

-Smak
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2018, 09:11 AM   #76
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
haha, late but, to me, skill gap is how you respond to realistic adversity. That's why people who can only play one (generally the best) archetype aren't great. That's why people who quit out or run against the corner of the screen when the game doesn't go their way aren't great.

Realistic sports gaming should be about overcoming adversity. Running in circles until you get open and firing up a three is not a lot of adversity. Finding a way to win when you shoot 3-13 on great looks, that's realism.

-Smak

Nah bro, shooting 3-13 with a pure sharp on great looks is trash. But thats what the community wants because the 3 ball is so effective. I think a simple fix would be lowering the effect of badges. For things like limitless range and deeprange dead eye it should max at around a silver level. And well if your gonna nerf badges might as well nerf them all across the board and that would lead to more realistic gameplay I think.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:27 AM   #77
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak

-Smak
This, This, and This. What do you do when you dont have it going? How can you help in other ways. Will getting some inside shots help you get back on track. So much of the fun of basketball is the game within the game. Those nuances disappear when sharps are consistently 8 of 10.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:57 AM   #78
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxpinke
This, This, and This. What do you do when you dont have it going? How can you help in other ways. Will getting some inside shots help you get back on track. So much of the fun of basketball is the game within the game. Those nuances disappear when sharps are consistently 8 of 10.
Why is the sharp shooting 8-10?? Whos gaurding him?? Where is the defence?? How can a "set-shooter" score inside shots to get back on track without getting swatted or missing wide open layups on top of the fact they can barley move?

I have played over 1000 park games I've never seen a sharp shoot 8-10 on contested shots..
Old 12-05-2018, 09:59 AM   #79
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated2389
Why is the sharp shooting 8-10?? Whos gaurding him?? Where is the defence?? How can a "set-shooter" score inside shots to get back on track without getting swatted or missing wide open layups on top of the fact they can barley move?

I have played over 1000 park games I've never seen a sharp shoot 8-10 on contested shots..

I have, due to illegal screening and zig zagging, causing “open” shots. I’m in the camp that shooting can exist how it is now but those things have to be addressed. If they aren’t then shooting has to take a hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-05-2018, 10:05 AM   #80
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxpinke
I have, due to illegal screening and zig zagging, causing “open” shots. I’m in the camp that shooting can exist how it is now but those things have to be addressed. If they aren’t then shooting has to take a hit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
why is your team not switching everything or playing a Zone when you face a sharpshooter who is hitting?
When I play with my crew everyone knows we will give up the 2 before the 3 ball.. Simple switches or a good Zone defence can take a sharp out of the game... If a sharp is going over screens and no one is switching to cover him thats your fault...
2k should address the inbound issue in the park cause thats the only time its hard to gaurd sharps.. other than that guys just need to play better defence period.
It should be common sense to give up the 2 over the 3 thats why I hate playing with randoms who just try to stick to their man all game and not focused on whats actually going on on the court.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »