Home

Pure sharpshooters are OP??? Post your Sharps 3pt%, PPG and Win% plz (rec/park)

This is a discussion on Pure sharpshooters are OP??? Post your Sharps 3pt%, PPG and Win% plz (rec/park) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-29-2018, 09:58 AM   #17
Rookie

3ShowTime2's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: If Sharpshooters are nerfed, what use is the build at all in game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated2389
Ok builds shooting 2s are hitting at 90% clip. 2s are the easiest thing in the game, there are so many builds that you just cant guard consistently. So if you got a pure shot creator or playmaking shotcreator shooting 90% from the field EASILY then what % should a pure sharp shoot from 3? Shooting the 3 ball is the only thing they can do LITERALLY so are they supposed to miss open shots just to bring percentages down?

If they nerf shooting for ALL builds then that wouldnt make sense because at the end of the day the sharp should still shoot better than everyone else. So it sounds like people want ONLY sharpshooters to be nerfed and if they do that what point will it be to have them in game if they cant make the only shot they are supposed to make?

Sorry but you need to read more carefully what people are answering you. He didnt say builds are shooting 90% of 2's. He said that to be as effective as a sharp shooting 60% from downtown you need to hit 90% 2's, thats simple mathematics.

Neither it was said that people only want sharps to be nerfed. Sharps are often used as the most extreme example in discussions around how easy shooting has become in 2k19. Shooting in general needs to be toned down for everybody.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:17 AM   #18
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
That response is probably going to dissuade a lot of people from debating this with you. When you admit that you can't shoot well with a maxed out pure Sharp, then come back and say it's easy to shoot 90% from the field with a shot creator, that's the type of red flag that pops up before an exercise in futility.

If I was home I would drop a screenshot of my sharp/shot where im shooting like 66 from the field and 62 from three.
I never said i couldn't shoot well, its just not "OP". I miss open shots other pure sharps miss open shots. I just threw 90% out there cause i just played a 2way SLASHER who dropped 16 points without missing on us last night but I come across those type of guys plenty of times. I dont run around everywhere with my phone out checking numbers, I just play and go by what i see in game.And My first build i created was a 6'6 pure shotcreator 93 ovr now I rarely miss on that build. (i mainly do 2v2 on that build and trust me no puresharp can go toe to toe on that court... they are to slow.)

No ones answered my question tho. If you nerf a pure sharp what use will they have? They will be the worst build on the game period.

Only thing I can slightly agree with is the shot speed for the Pure stretches, its a little wild how they can handle and pull up so quick but its only a issue if a small guard is on them and unfortunately they get that matchup alot especially if they play with a true big.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:23 AM   #19
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3ShowTime2
Sorry but you need to read more carefully what people are answering you. He didnt say builds are shooting 90% of 2's. He said that to be as effective as a sharp shooting 60% from downtown you need to hit 90% 2's, thats simple mathematics.

Neither it was said that people only want sharps to be nerfed. Sharps are often used as the most extreme example in discussions around how easy shooting has become in 2k19. Shooting in general needs to be toned down for everybody.
If they tone down shooting for everybody Sharps are still gonna hit more and people are still gonna complain or then the new thing will be "Omg slashers are OP you cant stop layups and dunks" the community will never be satisfied regardless.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:40 AM   #20
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
If they tone down shooting for everybody Sharps are still gonna hit more and people are still gonna complain or then the new thing will be "Omg slashers are OP you cant stop layups and dunks" the community will never be satisfied regardless.
The best 3-point shooter in NBA history shot under 50% for his career. The best in the HISTORY of the NBA. There have only been 44 players who averaged higher than 40% from deep in their careers. Thrustie found six who were over 50% in one neighborhood.

Spoiler

When the average in the game is higher than the best in the history of real life, the game is broken. Period. There is no other discussion to be had.
Old 11-29-2018, 10:53 AM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
The best 3-point shooter in NBA history shot under 50% for his career. The best in the HISTORY of the NBA. There have only been 44 players who averaged higher than 40% from deep in their careers. Thrustie found six who were over 50% in one neighborhood.

When the average in the game is higher than the best in the history of real life, the game is broken. Period. There is no other discussion to be had.
Dude we are talking about 2k the video game in "park and rec" modes, not the NBA. No one is in the NBA shooting 70% on all Leaning mid range and contested post fades but there are builds on 2k that does that easily so dont even start with the real life vs 2k park argument. Im sure Steph curry will shoot over 50% from 3 at your local park against bums who cant switch and play D too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2018, 11:19 AM   #22
Pro

Vroman's Arena

Re: Pure sharpshooters are OP??? Post your Sharps 3pt%, PPG and Win% plz (rec/park)

first of all pure archetypes (along with hof badges) is terrible idea, its too much about going from one extreme to another and it cannot be balanced ever. Rather we'd all have multi-talented players , but none area is ridiculous op so in the end u still have to perform well by yourself .

primary/pure sharps are ridiculous op because few things. One is the range beyond 3pt line you acquire with limitless range badge, you can space the floor like nobody could do in the NBA ever.
Another thing is how 3pt shots are immune to slight/late contest and only great contest affect it for pure sharps. Yes other archs can make 3pt shots , but problem is that your shot% goes way down even if defender come up late, so if you wanna upkeep similar 3pt% as pure sharp you have to be much more selective when you take shot.

In the end its pure efficiency. You do slight mistake vs pure sharp its automatic 3points for opponent. For slasher or shot creator even if u make some defense mistake you still at much better spot to either receive help from teammate or catch up. You don't get such certainty of "scoring on opportunity" with anything else.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:22 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Pure sharpshooters are OP??? Post your Sharps 3pt%, PPG and Win% plz (rec/park)

OP I think your missing this throughout your thread.

The way pure sharpshooters are getting open is ridiculous. Add that to the broken shot contest they are virtually ungaurdable. What's even worse is that most pure sharps run with a GLASS CLEANER.

Unrealistic Pure Sharp Strats.

1. Running back and forth behind players off-ball to shoot. ALL GAME this is seen in comp games. Add that defenders have to play even higher because GOOD PURE SHARPS can hit from HALFCOURT. The speed of the cross court pass from corner to the other is ridiculous(I believe for balance only playmakers should be able to make this pass to a another player in rhythm)

2. INBOUND. Sharps zig zagging off-ball behind an inbounder is ****ing toxic.

3. ZIG ZAGGING WITH THE BALL. Since all of the community complained "steals are too easy" Look what you have done. Sharps can now handle the ball by pressing L2/LT and be a primary ball handler. Add the badges and sharps are BETTER THAN STEPH CURRY. It's a shame, sharps were getting plucked left and right when getting pressed and this made them into off-ball players. Since the nerf to on-ball steals, it benefitted them. (I wonder what builds were complaining about steals? You guessed right)

4.SHOOTING CONTESTED SHOTS BECAUSE GLASS CLEANER WILL CLEAN UP FOR A KICK OUT.

5. Lamarcus Aldridge base. 2k needs to update their sig animations. They've been the same since 2k14. The same shots are OP every year. LA can't even jump anymore yet here his jumpshot he shoots like he has the vert of MJ.

Trust me I wouldn't be mad but I see shot creators missing mid ranges, slashers missing dunks/layups. Then the next play Sharps are hitting drifting shots, a shot creator shot. It is unreal.

I played park last night for the first time in a while and I barely get games (PRO 2 since October) and it was just toxic. All the strats to the teams we lost to had a pure sharp.

2k really swindled the community. They had a near perfect game on launch. Yet the outcry from community who didn't take the TIME to learn the game after it being out for 1 MONTH, influenced the devs to adjust their game to their favors. Everyone made a skinny player with short arms couldn't contest or play D in the beginning.

The same people who cried about the difficulty of the game are the people who:

1. Can't get over the easiness of 2k17/2k18.
2. People who scout players on phone then hop off spot or refuse to play competition.
3. Have names such as "SNAG GOD" "ICLAMP" "SELLOUTXX"
4. Call you trash for not having a Pure Sharp, Glass, or Sharp Playmaker Build.

If you don't have a clue of what I mentioned in about 75% of my post, then your opinion on ONLINE GAMEPLAY/PARK/REC doesn't matter to me because youre not in the loop.

EDIT: I'd like to add some solutions to balance Sharps.

Add a timer to them. Meaning, Sharps are less effective the longer they HOLD THE BALL. Meaning the second they catch they can still have their high success rate. But once after a 1 or 2 seconds that ability drops.

This takes away zig-zagging/left-right cheese.

Another is to make stamina be drained more when running around the whole court off ball ALL GAME. Any of you guys that play ball IRL, shooting is mostly with your feet/legs. If your legs are tired, your shot won't drop.

Perfect Example of stamina affecting a shot- Trevor Ariza in the closeout game last year. He played 40+ minutes and was expending all of his energy on defense that he looked exhausting shooting late in that game.

Ray Allen was a prolific shooter because of his stamina and the ability to stay in shape throughout his career. This kept his form consistent. Rip Hamilton is another example of a great off-ball shooter.

Last edited by nyccc; 11-29-2018 at 11:31 AM.
Old 11-29-2018, 11:27 AM   #24
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Dude we are talking about 2k the video game in "park and rec" modes, not the NBA. No one is in the NBA shooting 70% on all Leaning mid range and contested post fades but there are builds on 2k that does that easily so dont even start with the real life vs 2k park argument. Im sure Steph curry will shoot over 50% from 3 at your local park against bums who cant switch and play D too.
The fact that you used Steph Curry in your example doesn't help your argument. Sure, maybe the best current 3pt shooter in the NBA can shoot better in the park against bums than in the NBA against pros. But we're not talking about Curry playing against bums. We're talking about every player in the park playing against others who are supposed to be on the same level. We're talking about the average among all players playing in the park. Bums against bums, so to speak. It's supposed to be balanced, isn't it? So why should one build be as good as the best current shooter in the NBA, while the rest of the archetypes are bums in comparison?

And it's not just in the park. The rec center suffers from the same issue. Again, if we're supposed to be working towards balance, why is it that what is supposed to be the hardest shot in basketball is actually the most reliable in the game made to emulate real life basketball?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »