Home

Pure sharpshooters are OP??? Post your Sharps 3pt%, PPG and Win% plz (rec/park)

This is a discussion on Pure sharpshooters are OP??? Post your Sharps 3pt%, PPG and Win% plz (rec/park) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-01-2018, 10:56 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Pure sharpshooters are OP??? Post your Sharps 3pt%, PPG and Win% plz (rec/park)

Pure sharps are more OP this year than last year..... and last year they was OP.

I've seen plenty of them having 65% to 75% from the 3pt.
Old 12-02-2018, 05:09 AM   #50
MVP

OVR: 10
Re: Pure sharpshooters are OP??? Post your Sharps 3pt%, PPG and Win% plz (rec/park)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated2389
Yea just stop arguing with me, people keep saying nerf shooting but thats a dumb suggestion at the end of the day. Maybe buff other builds , or make defensive imrpovements but if players are missing open shots just to “fix percentages” its still a broken game.

They should just remove archetypes and let us bring back the do it all Demi-Gods. Or come up with a new system for us to create players how we want so then when u go the park everyone in the neighborhood will have some 3pt shooting in there build.

people miss open shots, it's how you deal with open shots missing. how your game changes, do you start to get scared to shoot, do you force it inside, etc. Those little things are also part of basketball strategy.

I've found when I watch NBA that USUALLY teams come out making a bunch of shots in the beginning. It's not that players aren't capable of making a lot of shots, but it's just over the course of the game, getting tired, subbing in, subbing out, bumping knees with someone else, getting poked in the eye, etc, that kind of stuff.

We're not talking about pool where you get time to set up the shot, where you get to position your body right each time and are ready for the shot and not distracted at all.

Imagine if there was a sport like pool where you played on two tables at once and they were 94 feet apart and you had to run up to one, stop and shoot, then run back to the other, run into some guys holding those football blocking pads, and shoot on the other, and go back, etc. That would lower percentages A LOT.

Even if you take the 3 point contest, no one has made all of the shots yet. That should be easy mode for these guys who shoot so perfectly all of the time.

Basketball is at least some part poker. Sometimes you pass up a good shot to get a better one (wouldn't do that if you knew you were gonna hit 75%) or just mess with the D, sometimes you take a bad shot to make the defense respect you more (wouldn't do that if you knew it had 0% chance of going in), there are a lot of arguments against auto-makes, and, as I have said every time, I was one of the people who felt having an auto make system would make the game more skill based. It hasn't. I was wrong.

2k should patch green release percentages. Start at 80, then go 75, etc... obviously adjust the other percentages, too, until they find a fair number.

The most annoying thing about release timing in 2k, when it was just timing is it seemed 'perfect release' wasn't the best release. As long as they fix that, to where if you get a perfect release you get the highest chance of making a shot, it's good. And fix shot animations so certain ones aren't better. 2k has just thrown all of this cool stuff together but not balanced it, like I said I think 2k was not designed to play competitively; it's meant to play v cpu offline.

-Smak
Old 12-02-2018, 07:22 AM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
Who’s passing should have absolutely no effect on shot success. The Dimer badge needs to go away.
Disagree.

Good NBA players who pass well are known to throw good passes to the shooters pocket

They need to remove limitless range completely. Breaks the entire game

Stop giving shooters 99 3pt rating

Who’s idea was that?

Just think about this for a second

A 99 3pt rating is NOT equivalent to a 99 Dunk or lay up rating

You can’t walk down to half court and launch dunks everywhere. Even if you COULD, youd still lose to a team of sharp shooters because dunks are only worth 2points

3pt shots should be scaled to their value.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2018, 07:25 AM   #52
Rookie

Remove greens too please
Old 12-02-2018, 08:43 AM   #53
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTMG007
Disagree.

Good NBA players who pass well are known to throw good passes to the shooters pocket

That’s true, but anyone can throw a pass into the shooter’s pocket. And even good passers can throw a pass that is slightly off target.

The Dimer boost has nothing to do with the accuracy of the pass. It basically says the shooter will receive a boost because X threw them the pass, not because the pass was in their pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 12-02-2018, 03:53 PM   #54
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILLSmak
people miss open shots, it's how you deal with open shots missing. how your game changes, do you start to get scared to shoot, do you force it inside, etc. Those little things are also part of basketball strategy.

I've found when I watch NBA that USUALLY teams come out making a bunch of shots in the beginning. It's not that players aren't capable of making a lot of shots, but it's just over the course of the game, getting tired, subbing in, subbing out, bumping knees with someone else, getting poked in the eye, etc, that kind of stuff.

We're not talking about pool where you get time to set up the shot, where you get to position your body right each time and are ready for the shot and not distracted at all.

Imagine if there was a sport like pool where you played on two tables at once and they were 94 feet apart and you had to run up to one, stop and shoot, then run back to the other, run into some guys holding those football blocking pads, and shoot on the other, and go back, etc. That would lower percentages A LOT.

Even if you take the 3 point contest, no one has made all of the shots yet. That should be easy mode for these guys who shoot so perfectly all of the time.

Basketball is at least some part poker. Sometimes you pass up a good shot to get a better one (wouldn't do that if you knew you were gonna hit 75%) or just mess with the D, sometimes you take a bad shot to make the defense respect you more (wouldn't do that if you knew it had 0% chance of going in), there are a lot of arguments against auto-makes, and, as I have said every time, I was one of the people who felt having an auto make system would make the game more skill based. It hasn't. I was wrong.

2k should patch green release percentages. Start at 80, then go 75, etc... obviously adjust the other percentages, too, until they find a fair number.

The most annoying thing about release timing in 2k, when it was just timing is it seemed 'perfect release' wasn't the best release. As long as they fix that, to where if you get a perfect release you get the highest chance of making a shot, it's good. And fix shot animations so certain ones aren't better. 2k has just thrown all of this cool stuff together but not balanced it, like I said I think 2k was not designed to play competitively; it's meant to play v cpu offline.

-Smak
Honestly, something like this has been exactly what 2k has needed for years. And yet, no one seems to recognize it because "wE nEeD a SkIlL gAp NoT rEaLiSm." And yet... a more realistic system represents a skill gap far better than the current state of things. Just about any fool can take a 90 ovr sharp and hit 60 percent of his threes with that player. But if you take "perfect" releases and just slip them down to a 70 percent chance and "just late/early" releases to 50 percent for those maxed sharps, all of a sudden, you're going to start to see a difference. Those guys who can green reliably will be, in fact, benefited by a move to more realism.
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625
Old 12-02-2018, 04:44 PM   #55
Banned

Housh123's Arena

But the thing is no one really wants to shoot real life percentages on a video game

If you’re open and shooting good shots you should be close to 70%. This isn’t real life it’s a video game.

I think the problem is with contested shots being crazy OP

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2018, 04:49 PM   #56
DJ2K

mb625's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Housh123
But the thing is no one really wants to shoot real life percentages on a video game

If you’re open and shooting good shots you should be close to 70%. This isn’t real life it’s a video game.

I think the problem is with contested shots being crazy OP

This attitude is, I think, part of the issue. People want to divorce video games from reality, but when it is supposed to emulate a real sport, you can't in some areas. Percentages are the foremost of these. If you are open and shooting good shots, you should hit reliably, but not unrealistically. If you're not open, you're going to hit unreliably. It's really that simple. You can be a good player and still miss, just like in real life, but the good, smart players will still shine through, just as in reality.

EDIT: I thought of something else, when percentages inside are like they are right now (and I think of them as being just about right), but outside percentages are way high, there's a need to move toward more realistic percentages just for the sake of the ever elusive balance. It's simply unfair to inside players who are expecting fairly realistic Point per Shot numbers when outside oriented players are far exceeding real PPS numbers
European Football: Manchester United, Brighton & Hove Albion
NCAA: UNI Panthers, Iowa Hawkeyes

Twitter: @mbless625

Last edited by mb625; 12-02-2018 at 05:08 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »