Home

Pure sharpshooters are OP??? Post your Sharps 3pt%, PPG and Win% plz (rec/park)

This is a discussion on Pure sharpshooters are OP??? Post your Sharps 3pt%, PPG and Win% plz (rec/park) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2018, 11:47 AM   #65
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Pure sharpshooters are OP??? Post your Sharps 3pt%, PPG and Win% plz (rec/park)

from a strictly Park/Rec perspective: been saying it for a while, but have kinda given up hope for any changes this year. The shooting, while OP, could work if they really punished zig zagging/overdribbling and or illegal screens.

open catch and shoot can stay super deadly (70 percent plus), but the BS zig zagging behind screens is what drives me crazy.

also the inbound needs to be addressed for park. Most times your reward for poking a ball loose is an inbound play where you get stuck behind your teammate or the inbound receiver. they need to fix this somehow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2018, 12:02 PM   #66
Rookie

Jros22's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Pure sharpshooters are OP??? Post your Sharps 3pt%, PPG and Win% plz (rec/park)

Pure sharpshooting PG with Klay's release at 79 OVR 95 3pt, i'm about to give him Derrick Rose base because the high jump allows the player to make more contested shots since the offensive player it's usually high above the defender and barely affected (i've been the victim of it).

Im JRos_22
164ddee4b9af46a0ae59e796324f4b4b.jpg

Statcast 90 ft times converted to MLB The Show Ratings:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by Jros22; 12-03-2018 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-03-2018, 01:38 PM   #67
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruxpinke
from a strictly Park/Rec perspective: been saying it for a while, but have kinda given up hope for any changes this year. The shooting, while OP, could work if they really punished zig zagging/overdribbling and or illegal screens.

open catch and shoot can stay super deadly (70 percent plus), but the BS zig zagging behind screens is what drives me crazy.

also the inbound needs to be addressed for park. Most times your reward for poking a ball loose is an inbound play where you get stuck behind your teammate or the inbound receiver. they need to fix this somehow.
The inbound and screen issue I can definitely agree with. I played a squad last night who was literally pushing my player with no offensive fouls called once. And as a pure sharp the inbound plays are very easy to get open just by running around inbounder or standing right behind him. I think 2k fixing small things like that would help gameplay a lot especially in the park.
Old 12-03-2018, 01:45 PM   #68
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jros22
Pure sharpshooting PG with Klay's release at 79 OVR 95 3pt, i'm about to give him Derrick Rose base because the high jump allows the player to make more contested shots since the offensive player it's usually high above the defender and barely affected (i've been the victim of it).

Im JRos_22
Attachment 159137
Looks like you had a good game, any idea what archetype "LegendaryKraze" was, he shot 2-15 from 3.

If you remember that game was most of your shots "open"? IF you could guess, what percentage of your contested shots do you think go in?
Old 12-03-2018, 02:30 PM   #69
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedicated2389
Looks like you had a good game, any idea what archetype "LegendaryKraze" was, he shot 2-15 from 3.

If you remember that game was most of your shots "open"? IF you could guess, what percentage of your contested shots do you think go in?
legendary_kaze is a shot creator.
Spoiler
Old 12-03-2018, 02:47 PM   #70
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Pure Sharps ARE overpowered, but it's because the shooting badges are overpowered and not because of their attribute builds. Any player with Gold/HoF Limitless Range and Deep Range Deadeye are going to be OP.

Even if you took the best shooters on the planet, they wouldn't be able to shoot 40% from the hash mark in game scenarios. If you look at the last 4 seasons of shot data, Steph is the best 28ft+ shooter in the league over that period at 39%. Others in the next tier are Gary Harris, Klay Thompson, Spencer Dinwiddie, Devin Booker, Kyle Korver, and J.J. Redick who are all between 35-39%.

Most great shooters are around 30% on heavily contested 3's as well. They fixed that a bit with shot contests, but screens can ruin any good defensive plan online. I'm guessing VC/2K know their target audience and made those badges more arcade than sim to keep MyCareer exciting for that crowd. It's just a bit disappointing that it impacts the offline and online PNO crowd as well.
Old 12-03-2018, 02:49 PM   #71
Rookie

Jros22's Arena

Most of my shots were open and and no gold badges, silver deep range deadeye and silver limitless range but i don't have much success on contested shots.

Statcast 90 ft times converted to MLB The Show Ratings:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Last edited by Jros22; 12-03-2018 at 02:52 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-03-2018, 05:15 PM   #72
Pro

As long as percentages like this are attainable, this game can never be balanced. I feel like some people just don’t get it. I could go 15/15 and dunk over 5 players on every possession and this guy would score the same amount in only 12 or 13 shots. Saying there’s no problem with shooting is just being willfully blind.

I’ve seen people saying that Sharps aren’t good at anything else so they need to shoot lights out. Come on man! This guy could literally never cross into the defensive half and still destroy his matchup.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »