Home

Is global editing the fix for lack of fouls?

This is a discussion on Is global editing the fix for lack of fouls? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-04-2018, 09:21 AM   #1
Rookie

Bulls4life's Arena

OVR: 0
Is global editing the fix for lack of fouls?

Read in another thread. Has anyone tried this and achieved realistic results? Waiting to buy until the issue is resolved one way or another. If it can be. Thanks all!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2018, 09:40 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Is global editing the fix for lack of fouls?

I will say Yes, but alot depends on how many fouls you consider realistic. I have seen some say 20 FTA is realistic, others say 40 FTA. Alot depends on the USER and their perception.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 12-04-2018, 10:00 AM   #3
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

It depends on if you want a variety of foul calls or not..I have globally edited and individually edited to get more fouls but I can't get charging, or blocking and rarely get a loose ball and over the back fouls..I think you can get as many shooting fouls as you want as long as your content with only getting them when you go to the basket..I have yet to see a shooting fouls on the 3pt line or when a player is shooting..the shots are contested and triggers foul animations but a fouls isn't called..This is the first year I have ever seen something like this from 2k and the frustrating part is they refuse to address it... to me it kills the game immersion and simulation..
Old 12-04-2018, 10:53 AM   #4
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
It depends on if you want a variety of foul calls or not..I have globally edited and individually edited to get more fouls but I can't get charging, or blocking and rarely get a loose ball and over the back fouls..I think you can get as many shooting fouls as you want as long as your content with only getting them when you go to the basket..I have yet to see a shooting fouls on the 3pt line or when a player is shooting..the shots are contested and triggers foul animations but a fouls isn't called..This is the first year I have ever seen something like this from 2k and the frustrating part is they refuse to address it... to me it kills the game immersion and simulation..
For what it’s worth, I’m getting one shooting foul per game on jumpers since Patch 5. It still seems like they are mostly triggered by defenders falling for pump fakes, but it’s far better than where the shooting fouls were at release.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:46 AM   #5
Pro

Cesco's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by edaddy
This is the first year I have ever seen something like this from 2k and the frustrating part is they refuse to address it... to me it kills the game immersion and simulation..
And even if they are trying to fix it they don't tell you, so you keep wondering or falling for some placebo effect after every patch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-05-2018, 02:23 PM   #6
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

It dont matter what you edit, you will not see any foul charging, blocking, or shooting fouls on 3pt attempts. Its broken, and the devs dont seem interested in fixing it.

I tend to get close to a realistic amount of fouls and free throw attempts per game, just by cranking the foul sliders up. Luckily the devs havent screwed things up, due to people complaining about all the reach in fouls, because if it wasnt for all the reach in fouls being called, the only foul that would be called, would be inside shot inside the paint.

I know from a realistic standpoint, IRL players dont reach that much, but since the foul system is broken in NBA2k19, the reach ins, fouls, make up for the lack of non shooting fouls, which has always been a problem in every NBA2k game, since the very 1st one they made.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts
Old 12-05-2018, 03:07 PM   #7
MVP

edaddy's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseIH
It dont matter what you edit, you will not see any foul charging, blocking, or shooting fouls on 3pt attempts. Its broken, and the devs dont seem interested in fixing it.

I tend to get close to a realistic amount of fouls and free throw attempts per game, just by cranking the foul sliders up. Luckily the devs havent screwed things up, due to people complaining about all the reach in fouls, because if it wasnt for all the reach in fouls being called, the only foul that would be called, would be inside shot inside the paint.

I know from a realistic standpoint, IRL players dont reach that much, but since the foul system is broken in NBA2k19, the reach ins, fouls, make up for the lack of non shooting fouls, which has always been a problem in every NBA2k game, since the very 1st one they made.
I agree 100% I am assuming at this point they have to know about it..why it changed so drastically is beyond me..
Old 12-05-2018, 04:30 PM   #8
MVP

CaseIH's Arena

OVR: 9

I just got a notification for patch 1.07 for NBA2k19. Hopefully this patch fixes the lack of fouls, and fixes some things in MyLeague like the 99 under the basket shot glitch after the 1st season for some players, and they did soem work to progression.

But its probably just a patch for online play, if I were betting, but I hope Im wrong.

Favorite teams:
MLB- Reds/ and whoever is playing the Cubs
NBA- Pacers
NFL- Dolphins & Colts

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »