Home

For Those That Didn't Know, Mike Wang Got Noticed From Posting on the OS Forums (IGN)

This is a discussion on For Those That Didn't Know, Mike Wang Got Noticed From Posting on the OS Forums (IGN) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 07:55 PM   #81
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: For Those That Didn't Know, Mike Wang Got Noticed From Posting on the OS Forums (

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
I would just like to point out, and while I can't prove this, I doubt M. Wang is responsible for the push of VC. That's probably the execs in the board room...
Maybe i posted previously that Wang was responsible for VC, but i may have spoken to broadly, i dont think he's pushing it like everyone replied to me, but he might be in some way connected to the way VC works in the game, does he or does he not influence the way Mycareer is made? and how slow the progression system is, the grind and reward system, if he is then that system is designed to incentivize virtual currency, and no progression carried over from game to game, is he involved with these things? If he isn't than who is the director of those things.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2019, 08:25 PM   #82
All Star

Smirkin Dirk's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: For Those That Didn't Know, Mike Wang Got Noticed From Posting on the OS Forums (

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
Maybe i posted previously that Wang was responsible for VC, but i may have spoken to broadly, i dont think he's pushing it like everyone replied to me, but he might be in some way connected to the way VC works in the game, does he or does he not influence the way Mycareer is made? and how slow the progression system is, the grind and reward system, if he is then that system is designed to incentivize virtual currency, and no progression carried over from game to game, is he involved with these things? If he isn't than who is the director of those things.
Im sure he's been given a directive that MTs have to be included in game from his higher ups, and part of his role is to find how they woven into gameplay.
Old 01-09-2019, 08:46 PM   #83
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by olajuwon34
Executive: Mike, we need to create additional revenue off VC purchases. How can you change the gameplay to implement it?

Mike: Well, we can try Plan A where [insert reason]. We can also do Plan B where [insert reason].

Executive: Which will maintain our current user base while maximizing the highest probability that same user base will purchase VC and generate this percentage growth for 2018 and 2019?

Mike: Based on the online data, we can do Plan B, but we would have to make some tweaks to the gameplay and progression system.

Executive: Alright, make it happen.
Old 01-09-2019, 09:26 PM   #84
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Executive: Mike, we need to create additional revenue off VC purchases. How can you change the gameplay to implement it?

Mike: Well, we can try Plan A where [insert reason]. We can also do Plan B where [insert reason].

Executive: Which will maintain our current user base while maximizing the highest probability that same user base will purchase VC and generate this percentage growth for 2018 and 2019?

Mike: Based on the online data, we can do Plan B, but we would have to make some tweaks to the gameplay and progression system.

Sounds about right...sadly it's probably a case of being given directives as to what they want re:VC,etc. and tailoring the gameplay to it, instead of the other way around.
Old 01-10-2019, 03:38 PM   #85
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

The only solution is to try to get 2kguys to stop spending 99.99 on deluxe editions and not spend a penny on VC. It's the only true way to show people are fed up. We want to be able to enjoy the full game for 60 bucks like we used to and never spent a dime more doing it!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2019, 04:06 PM   #86
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
The only solution is to try to get 2kguys to stop spending 99.99 on deluxe editions and not spend a penny on VC. It's the only true way to show people are fed up. We want to be able to enjoy the full game for 60 bucks like we used to and never spent a dime more doing it!!!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
This is something that I fundamentally do not understand from you guys who rage against VC. Why do you consider that a "solution"? It's a free market. I like Jordans. I think its obscene how some people act and what they pay for a pair when it releases. Im not with that. Im content to wait until the hysteria dies down and i can walk into a store and get me a pair for what I want. But I don't see the simple supply and demand dynamic as anything inherently bad, or anything like that. The people spending 100$ or whatever are speaking loud and clear. Even if they complain afterwards. If they want to be able to enjoy a 60$ product and nothing more, then theyd show that. They are showing that they will spend 100$ on the game or spend the 60$ and buy VC. They buy more each year. They are very clearly making a statement. I totally get not liking it or the trend. The notion that people are "fed up" is a false narrative not backed up numbers.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:30 PM   #87
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76

Mike: Ok il execute plan B, lets put dozens of microtransaction schemes in the game and most likely draw in tens of thousands of under aged kids with parents credit cards hooked up to borderline gamble and put in huge amounts of their parents hard earned cash. Also we'll segregate a portion of the playerbase who doesn't pay more cash in certain game modes to not get as many benefits like skills and accessories, pay to win right?

Executive: Alright, make it happen
Old 01-11-2019, 01:52 PM   #88
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »