Home

I thought this was funny

This is a discussion on I thought this was funny within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2018, 02:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
I thought this was funny

This happened two nights ago and I have not played 2K since. I walk on to a got next spot with my 90 Overall Pure Sharpshooter. Two other guys immediate step off and walk over to another court. Part of me suspected it was because the game was closer to being completed so I followed them and hopped on another got next spot. The same guy proceeds to step off.

So I send him a message letting him know how I felt about how much of a P%&# he was being and he replies "I don't need you messing up my record".

lol im done with park. this crap is a joke. all anyone cares about is their record in a game where record is no indication of skill whatsoever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2018, 03:20 AM   #2
Pro

Re: I thought this was funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerplayer8
This happened two nights ago and I have not played 2K since. I walk on to a got next spot with my 90 Overall Pure Sharpshooter. Two other guys immediate step off and walk over to another court. Part of me suspected it was because the game was closer to being completed so I followed them and hopped on another got next spot. The same guy proceeds to step off.

So I send him a message letting him know how I felt about how much of a P%&# he was being and he replies "I don't need you messing up my record".

lol im done with park. this crap is a joke. all anyone cares about is their record in a game where record is no indication of skill whatsoever.

If you’re an amateur 1, i understand them.
I Dodge amateur 1’s cuz they’re usually crackheads

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
Old 12-26-2018, 04:17 AM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleinevos
If you’re an amateur 1, i understand them.
I Dodge amateur 1’s cuz they’re usually crackheads

I’ll most likely be amateur 1 five months from now just because I don’t ever bother playing 2k most of the time let alone park. Waiting on circles isn’t fun.

So you’re telling me I need to grind badges then grind park as well just to get my level up? And I’m assuming the only way that happens is if I win games so as an amateur 1 To win games i am going to have to hope that pro level players will play with me while I dodge other amateur 1 level players as well. It’s funny to see how everyone acts like they were not amateur 1 once before.
Old 12-26-2018, 04:36 AM   #4
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakerplayer8
I’ll most likely be amateur 1 five months from now just because I don’t ever bother playing 2k most of the time let alone park. Waiting on circles isn’t fun.

So you’re telling me I need to grind badges then grind park as well just to get my level up? And I’m assuming the only way that happens is if I win games so as an amateur 1 To win games i am going to have to hope that pro level players will play with me while I dodge other amateur 1 level players as well. It’s funny to see how everyone acts like they were not amateur 1 once before.

I have 0 people to play this game with when i started. I started as an amateur 1 too.

I started dodging other amateur 1’s and tried to play with amateur 2’s. Anything higher than a pro 1, i dodged as well.

I still got in plenty of games this way.
I got to amateur 2 rather quickly.

I kept it up until amateur 3 this way.
And since then ive added a handful of players with whom i sometimes team up. Currently close to pro 1

Old 12-26-2018, 08:28 AM   #5
Rookie

BenBobOmb's Arena

The players of the 2k online community all around strangle themselves way too much in elitism.

I stopped playing park games exactly because of the behavior you described. Even guys in their 60s step off when I tried to join themwith my 92 ovr. And if you get to play with some of them they ballhog and spam messages because I don‘t pass up the ball after every rebound. It‘s kind of funny.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2018, 09:53 AM   #6
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

The whole Got Next system is a joke. I don't even try to play anymore because I don't feel like running around trying to get a game for 30 minutes. It's a waste of time, and more importantly, it's not fun.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:19 AM   #7
Rookie

Least inclusive game on market, literally bullies you into paying extra $ for OVR or nobody will play with you.

Sent from my cp3636a using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 12-26-2018, 12:33 PM   #8
MVP

Poke's Arena

OVR: 1

I agree but my question is why no one here ever form pro ams or friends lists etc to play with the community players. I've tried multiple times to facilitate this but no one ever comes through but everyone is always complaining.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »