Home

(Most Likely) Unpopular Opinion

This is a discussion on (Most Likely) Unpopular Opinion within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murray’s Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20

Old 01-08-2019, 02:29 PM   #1
Rookie

fzdoom's Arena

OVR: 1
(Most Likely) Unpopular Opinion

2K needs to make a stand-alone street/neighborhood game. Maybe im showing my age here (36) but I buy NBA2k every year to play with NBA teams and NBA Players with NBA atmosphere and NBA announcers. MyLeague, MyTeam, Play Now Online are the only modes I need.

Then, players who prefer to create a fictional player and pay to have that player have a high rating and play streetball in the neighborhood, etc. can have their own game. The servers for each game would have much less stress on them and would run much smoother. You can call it NBA2k: The Neighborhood and call it a day.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2019, 05:10 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: (Most Likely) Unpopular Opinion

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzdoom
2K needs to make a stand-alone street/neighborhood game. Maybe im showing my age here (36) but I buy NBA2k every year to play with NBA teams and NBA Players with NBA atmosphere and NBA announcers. MyLeague, MyTeam, Play Now Online are the only modes I need.

Then, players who prefer to create a fictional player and pay to have that player have a high rating and play streetball in the neighborhood, etc. can have their own game. The servers for each game would have much less stress on them and would run much smoother. You can call it NBA2k: The Neighborhood and call it a day.
Agree 100%
Old 01-08-2019, 06:22 PM   #3
Pro

howardphillips214's Arena

You are in the extreme minority. Maybe not on this site, but in the vast majority of players the pay to win modes are the most popular.
Old 01-08-2019, 10:02 PM   #4
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Why would that do that when the easiest thing to do is for you not to press "A" or "X" on the modes that you don't play?
Old 01-08-2019, 10:18 PM   #5
MVP

Hustle Westbrook's Arena

Lol what? All you have to do is not play the mode lol.

And the 2K servers have been bad since before Park and MyCareer was even a thing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2019, 10:52 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

You do realize when they release updates it effects all modes?

Yeah the servers are trash and have been for years but most of the updates are to fix online issues.
Old 01-09-2019, 12:09 AM   #7
Rookie

Its also about gameplay being destroyed by nerfs and buffs to hold the hands or punish online neighbourhood players.

If you seperate the game or atleast the patches, less complaints will be heard from offline/offpark players
Old 01-09-2019, 08:14 AM   #8
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by fzdoom

i wouldn't mind this, but I want my offline modes again like the "jordan challenge" I remember years later the anniversary edition for "kobe" and they gave nothing, no mode about Kobe, just focusing on VC and my career. Fun factor has died from this game. My only love for the game is playing with friends, and a full fledged blacktop mode like you said, would help.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »