Home

New shot contest update

This is a discussion on New shot contest update within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-29-2019, 04:55 PM   #81
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New shot contest update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ataman5
You don't understand both offline 5V5 and Online MyLeague 5V5 NBA portion,sorry and by you what i mean whoever thinks that shot contest buff is any good than before. I'm pissed because i know how to make use of a lot shot creating with fakes and leaners and fakes and fadeaways and all that advance jazz with RS/LS combo so that i can make use of NBA players just the way they are when creating shots to feel like they are doing it. Not that coming and popping 3s all day long. (Which 1P modes MyCareer, MyTeam etc players/cheesers do, i know.)

And i just had a little test run with new contest. No one can tell me 7 foot Dirk Nowitzki fadeaway shot is "Lightly Contested" just because someone close to him standing there, now it's lightly and if he makes a hands up it can be heavily WTH! Nowitzki Fadeaway is and allways be Open, he either makes it or not, lower his shooting ratings if he makes a good amount of shots not buff unorganic defense. They break the game themselves with this awful inflation here, buff to this buff to that! For f sake lower the shooting ratings/% period!

1P Mode guys Mycareer, MyPark, Pro-Am etc. are killing the NBA portion of this game and that's why i think it's a dead horse we try to be positive for nothing.

I'm just a little p..ed about this don't take me wrong as i quoted you ksutton.

What i believe is simnation will now and always loose! Not optimistic anymore about, i don't know i may be a little sensitive. Lol.

PS: What happened to inches matter!?
Talking as a PNO player, I think it was a good change, because I do run into players who try to abuse the PnR game in H2H matches. The PnR game was overpowered in a way similar to the Park, JRC, and Pro-Am modes. People would zig-zag back and forth behind a screen and fire a 3PT shot with first sliver of daylight. In PnR situations, there are a lot of badges that's being activated which allows the player shoot a high percentage despite the defense being in their jersey. If your defender got "sucked into" the screen, then you was toasted, because the player was shooting a "wide open" shot although you was relatively close.

My personal counter was to go offball, make a few coaching changes, then cheat off the non-shooting threat. However, with the change, I can lightly contest the shot if I can still stay close to the shooter where before it was an "wide open" shot with a 1001 badge activations. In my mind, dropping the open shot success would have been the wrong direction, because the joke in PNO was that it was better to shoot the contested shot than the open shot. That's real talk. Personally, I like the shot success percentages of "Wide Open and Open" shots with zero contest.

For offline and MyLeague players, I can see this being less of a problem, because they're not dealing with the bums of the NBA 2K community. However, I don't see reason why ANY online player should complaining about this update. I truly believe that this update promotes better ball movement and people are forced not to ONLY rely on the PnR to generate offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2019, 06:28 PM   #82
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

Well for someone like me who plays 5v5 offline with real ppl, it still kinda sux. My friends are managing to get contest from distances they usually wouldn't have before these patches. And yes I use ball movement, play team ball, take open shots, ect. Maybe i'm just a realism junkie, but i'm just not a fan of the buff to the shot contest. I completely understand why it was done though.
Old 01-29-2019, 07:29 PM   #83
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Well for someone like me who plays 5v5 offline with real ppl, it still kinda sux. My friends are managing to get contest from distances they usually wouldn't have before these patches. And yes I use ball movement, play team ball, take open shots, ect. Maybe i'm just a realism junkie, but i'm just not a fan of the buff to the shot contest. I completely understand why it was done though.
For what it's worth, I just find it better to turn off the shot feedback popup and shot meter. I rather just not know how the game "graded" my shot. Makes the game so much easier to digest.
Old 01-29-2019, 08:05 PM   #84
MVP

alabamarob's Arena

OVR: 5

I always beleive that the NBA portion of the game should be the main focus and you tune from there. Turn down open shot sucess and you dont need a contest buff. To tune the game from imaginary 7 foot 99 rated shooters is terrible. Open shot success in the 40s, and tune from there.

Youtube: 2k Hawks

Settings I play on.
Minutes: 12
Difficulty: HOF
Online or Offline player: Both
In a MLO: Yes

Last edited by alabamarob; 01-29-2019 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 09:42 PM   #85
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

Just played a game of Rec Center and 87 three pointers were taken total between the two teams. Thats 4.3 three pointers a minute. This is after the update btw. As long as percentages stay comical, so will the gameplay.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-29-2019, 09:49 PM   #86
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shayellis
Just played a game of Rec Center and 87 three pointers were taken total between the two teams. Thats 4.3 three pointers a minute. This is after the update btw. As long as percentages stay comical, so will the gameplay.
What were the ending percentages?
Old 01-29-2019, 09:55 PM   #87
Rookie

shayellis's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
What were the ending percentages?

45 and 50 percent.
But the fact that people are willing to take that many 3's tell it all. If your making 50 percent of your 3's I have to be making like 90 percent of 2's to keep up, so basically theres no point of not shooting 3s
Old 01-29-2019, 11:19 PM   #88
Rookie

I dont play online but playing everygame with 95+ OVR must be suck. I wish they could balance it out by 240 points distributed to 3 players with diferent roles and cant spam the highest player. must rotate or something.

Created player 1 - 95 SF/PF
Created player 1 - 75 PG/SG
Created player 1 - 70 PF/C

Also limeted badge would be great. 1hof, 3gold, 5silver, 7bronze would be distributed to these 3 players. If people focus on one player his 2 rotation would suck ***. So its either 1 superstar 2 scrubs or well balanced 3 players.

Also distribute every attribute, Height, Weights to 3 players. so No more 3 KD height with 3 shooters.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »