Home

New shot contest update

This is a discussion on New shot contest update within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
eFootball PES 2020 Demo Arrives on July 30, Details Here
EA Access Coming to PlayStation 4 on July 24
What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-27-2019, 08:03 PM   #33
All Star
 
ksuttonjr76's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2004
Re: New shot contest update

Quote:
Originally Posted by alabamarob
This would be cool of they called fouls on jumpshots. Running into the side, back or front of the shooter should be a foul. Otherwise, i am not a fan of the day buffed contests.
Then certain archetypes and the PnR abuse would have been REALLY overpowered. Can't block/contest the shot AND getting FTs on top of that????

That would have been a major handicap against the defense. In fact, why bother playing defense?
ksuttonjr76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 08:09 PM   #34
Fear is the Unknown
 
jeebs9's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 24,055
Re: New shot contest update

I think it's better to promote ball movement. I think it's something we forget at times. It's a video game. We can't take what happens in real life and put it exactly in the game. Blame Humans ...

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
__________________
Hands Down....Man Down - 2k9 memories
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IHP_5GUBQo
jeebs9 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 09:40 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame
 
OVR: 38
Join Date: Dec 2006
Blog Entries: 49
Re: New shot contest update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hustle Westbrook
Awesome video. Currently on an 11 game win streak in MyTeam and not even feeling affected by this update lol. It is absolutely amazing how many people in the 2K online community have no sort of basketball IQ.
After playing a bunch of Unlimited matches over the past three days, I feel like the zig zag three offense is pretty much dead in MyTeam. I don't agree with how the game is grading some of these shot contests post-patch, but if it means that people can't just left right behind screens all game long as their only source of offense, then I guess that's better than the old game we had prior to Friday.

It's just a shame that this update (or something similar) couldn't have come earlier in the year, because a lot of people qualified for the MyTeam tournament and the 2K League draft pool by running that zig zag three garbage all year long:

jyoung is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2019, 10:18 PM   #36
Fear is the Unknown
 
jeebs9's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 24,055
Re: New shot contest update

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
After playing a bunch of Unlimited matches over the past three days, I feel like the zig zag three offense is pretty much dead in MyTeam. I don't agree with how the game is grading some of these shot contests post-patch, but if it means that people can't just left right behind screens all game long as their only source of offense, then I guess that's better than the old game we had prior to Friday.



It's just a shame that this update (or something similar) couldn't have come earlier in the year, because a lot of people qualified for the MyTeam tournament and the 2K League draft pool by running that zig zag three garbage all year long:



That's the worst part about these patches.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
__________________
Hands Down....Man Down - 2k9 memories
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IHP_5GUBQo
jeebs9 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2019, 11:37 PM   #37
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2012
Re: New shot contest update

ya just for park it messed up My Team My League and Play Now as well they need to re fix that it makes the game unplayable with the Cpu and i dont online very much just with a few friends in a league and Friendly on Play now and MyTeam
cool667 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 03:57 AM   #38
Pro
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jul 2010
Re: New shot contest update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
Then certain archetypes and the PnR abuse would have been REALLY overpowered. Can't block/contest the shot AND getting FTs on top of that????

That would have been a major handicap against the defense. In fact, why bother playing defense?
Sounds like the current nba where defenders have their hands tied.

Why doesnt this gane reflect the nba.
loso_34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:43 AM   #39
All Star
 
ksuttonjr76's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2004
Re: New shot contest update

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
Sounds like the current nba where defenders have their hands tied.



Why doesnt this gane reflect the nba.
Because people will start whining when their badged up player can only hit 45% of their 3's and only 25% when they're heavily contested .

Or were you only talking about the defense?
ksuttonjr76 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 05:45 AM   #40
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2017
Blog Entries: 1
Re: New shot contest update

Cue all the Stretch Bigs and Sharps cryin' that they can't left right zig zag behind a screen all game. I still haven't seen that much of a difference.

"You mean I actually have to have shot iq? Get outta here!"

If 2K's gonna err on any way, it should be towards defense. Absolute Loooow iq bums have been making pure shooters for years and been rewarded with it making unrealistic shots consistently. I just played a game where it was 100% perfect defense, and the stretch buries it right in my face. That's the easiest way to piss off a fan base - contested shots going in.

I have little confidence in Beluba's ability to stand strong vs the bums whining they can't make smothered shots anymore, which is why I wouldn't doubt 2K sneaks in a future update to help shooters more.

Once a pure shooter has HOF badges, realism goes out the window.
Keith01 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:10 AM.

Top -