Home

Appropriate Camera Angle for Competitive Gaming

This is a discussion on Appropriate Camera Angle for Competitive Gaming within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2019, 03:33 PM   #41
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Appropriate Camera Angle for Competitive Gaming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith01
That's just my experience with broadcast cam users, maybe ya'll are the exception. If you're a competitive player, you use 2K cam, that's just common knowledge in the pro am scene. Ask the nba 2k league players what camera angle they use in pro am.
I'm really trying to understand why you're stuck on this concept that competitive players only use the 2K camera....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2019, 01:03 AM   #42
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
I'm really trying to understand why you're stuck on this concept that competitive players only use the 2K camera....
Lol link me to a NBA 2K League player's twitch who uses broadcast... lemme know how that search goes
Old 02-06-2019, 02:26 AM   #43
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Lol link me to a NBA 2K League player's twitch who uses broadcast... lemme know how that search goes
how many of them switched to 2k cam after they entered the NBA2k league?

also are you a NBA2K league player?

Last edited by tru11; 02-06-2019 at 02:31 AM.
Old 02-06-2019, 06:00 AM   #44
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
how many of them switched to 2k cam after they entered the NBA2k league?

also are you a NBA2K league player?

Idk. Probably zero. I've been in top 100 crews. I could be if I wanted to be, I put up great #'s in combine, but I dont wanna move lol. Just find me ANY top teams/players who use broadcast. I bet you it's like 1%.
Old 02-06-2019, 08:11 AM   #45
All Star

ksuttonjr76's Arena

Quote:
It's called personal preference...is that really a hard concept to grasp? You're confusing "most popular" to mean the same as "best". Before you even say it, it's probably the most popular, because it's the DEFAULT camera mode and some people never bother exploring the other camera modes.

For example, I use inverted Y-axis in ALL FPS games I play, but non-inverted is the most "popular" due to people not bothering to change from the default settings. However, that doesn't automatically mean you have a competitive advantage over me. We just the play game differently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2019, 08:50 AM   #46
MVP

tru11's Arena

Quote:
Idk. Probably zero. I've been in top 100 crews. I could be if I wanted to be, I put up great #'s in combine, but I dont wanna move lol. Just find me ANY top teams/players who use broadcast. I bet you it's like 1%.
So people where already using what they are comfortable with before playing comp?

They also kept using with they where comfortable after they became comp?

What makes a top player?

Not everyone streams or runs in crews and use the meta builds.

Personally im more impressed by someone with a non meta build who dominates in JRC playing with randoms rather then some guy who runs in a crew with a meta build beating on randoms in JRC.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:22 AM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksuttonjr76
It's called personal preference...is that really a hard concept to grasp? You're confusing "most popular" to mean the same as "best". Before you even say it, it's probably the most popular, because it's the DEFAULT camera mode and some people never bother exploring the other camera modes.

For example, I use inverted Y-axis in ALL FPS games I play, but non-inverted is the most "popular" due to people not bothering to change from the default settings. However, that doesn't automatically mean you have a competitive advantage over me. We just the play game differently.

Lol I've never not understood your reasoning, but it flat out doesn't matter what someone's personal preference is when it comes to good strategy and that they decide to go online and have teammates who want to win. Their 'preference' usually hinders the team, especially if it's not 2k cam default. Sure they can have their preference, but just don't get mad when teammates with better sense don't want to run with them or they're criticized for their bad strategy.

2K cam default is the most popular because it's the best camera angle available for seeing all the passing angles, recovering faster, playing defense, etc. The pros/cons are fact not opinion. Every camera angle has different factual dynamics. I bring up the 2K League because they use 2K cam BECAUSE it offers the best strategy and the best chance to win. I've had waaay too many experiences with randoms who use broadcast, and these are the worst players in the game guaranteed.
Old 02-07-2019, 06:26 AM   #48
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tru11
So people where already using what they are comfortable with before playing comp?

They also kept using with they where comfortable after they became comp?

What makes a top player?

Not everyone streams or runs in crews and use the meta builds.

Personally im more impressed by someone with a non meta build who dominates in JRC playing with randoms rather then some guy who runs in a crew with a meta build beating on randoms in JRC.
Pretty easy to find top players. A lot are on top pro am teams. The numbers don't lie most of the time. Pretty easy to find terrible players. Just play any JRC game and 75% of randoms are pretty bad. Now if you polled those randoms vs the top players/team, I guarantee you most of the best players will be on 2k cam, while a larger % of randoms will be on broadcast.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »