Home

NBA 2K20 wishlist thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K20 wishlist thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Best Camera Angles in MLB The Show 23
EA Sports PGA Tour Career Mode Trailer and Details Revealed
WWE 2K23 Review: The Champ Is Here
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-18-2019, 06:32 PM   #97
MVP
 
WarMMA's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re: NBA 2K20 wishlist thread

Eh..I know this has nothing to do with gameplay, but there is high speculation that next gen consoles will launch sometime nxt year. If that's the case and if 2k20 is gonna make it's way to next gen like 2k14 did when the PS4 and X1 launched, I expect a better lighting system. Gameplay is first and foremost yes, but I also enjoy my eye candy. And with a leap to next gen, there should now be enough horsepower for us to get back to what we had with 2k14 graphical lighting and most likely even better. Point is graphics should get better, not worse. We shouldn't have to go through this again because we want some gameplay modes...

Spoiler

Last edited by WarMMA; 05-18-2019 at 07:27 PM.
WarMMA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:26 PM   #98
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2013
Re: NBA 2K20 wishlist thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
Eh..I know this has nothing to do with gameplay, but there is high speculation that next gen consoles will launch sometime nxt year. If that's the case and if 2k20 is gonna make it's way to next gen like 2k14 did when the PS4 and X1 launched, I expect a better lighting system. Gameplay is first and foremost yes, but I also enjoy my eye candy. And with a leap to next gen, there should now be enough horsepower for us to get back to what we had with 2k14 graphical lighting and most likely even better. Point is graphics should get better, not worse. We shouldn't have to go through this again because we want some gameplay modes...

Spoiler
Do we expect such a jump these days though or will it be like the "jump" from the PS4 to the PS4 Pro?
__________________
PSN: ODB_BZA
C: 2-Way Stretch Glass
Chemthethriller is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 10:33 PM   #99
MVP
 
WarMMA's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2016
Re: NBA 2K20 wishlist thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
Do we expect such a jump these days though or will it be like the "jump" from the PS4 to the PS4 Pro?
That would suck as it wouldn't be much of a jump at all, but new consoles are usually always much more powerful than their predecessor's, so I doubt it would be like that. I heard 2k's reason for the graphical downgrade was gameplay mode stuff and that the current gen didn't have enough power for them to do both. Since next gen consoles will most likely have much more horsepower than current gen, i'm kinda expecting to have back what we lost with 2k14 and keeping my fingers crossed for it. Cuz before I heard the reason for the downgrade, I was completely baffled by how the graphics started to look worse. And not really the models of course, but the excellent lighting that made everything pop had just left the building. Now the game just doesn't look as good anymore. So it's really just hoping we get that back if 2k20 does end up on nxt gen.
WarMMA is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:03 AM   #100
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2018
Re: NBA 2K20 wishlist thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemthethriller
Do we expect such a jump these days though or will it be like the "jump" from the PS4 to the PS4 Pro?
If the jump of 2k on PS5 is relative to that of the ps4 to ps4 pro thatís on 2k not the hardware.
From whatís already been discussed by cerny and whatís been rumoured thereís more than enough power for us to see a huge difference going into PS5
Schnoodle321 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 04:13 AM   #101
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2017
Re: NBA 2K20 wishlist thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnoodle321
If the jump of 2k on PS5 is relative to that of the ps4 to ps4 pro thatís on 2k not the hardware.
From whatís already been discussed by cerny and whatís been rumoured thereís more than enough power for us to see a huge difference going into PS5
The CPU and GPU of the Xbox and ps4 has been underpowered since day one. The next gen consoles are going to be very powerful from day one. They have also confirmed that the PS4 will be using a SSD instead of a hdd, which in turn will speed up loading times tremendously. Personally I believe that the next gen graphics and physics upgrade should be greater Ethan what we witnessed from the PS3 to PS4.
jaityla is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-28-2019, 01:16 AM   #102
Rookie
 
SlimFast_GymRat's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Feb 2019
Re: NBA 2K20 wishlist thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
That would suck as it wouldn't be much of a jump at all, but new consoles are usually always much more powerful than their predecessor's, so I doubt it would be like that. I heard 2k's reason for the graphical downgrade was gameplay mode stuff and that the current gen didn't have enough power for them to do both. Since next gen consoles will most likely have much more horsepower than current gen, i'm kinda expecting to have back what we lost with 2k14 and keeping my fingers crossed for it. Cuz before I heard the reason for the downgrade, I was completely baffled by how the graphics started to look worse. And not really the models of course, but the excellent lighting that made everything pop had just left the building. Now the game just doesn't look as good anymore. So it's really just hoping we get that back if 2k20 does end up on nxt gen.
From what I've read, most of the gaming industry has devkits for the new prototype already, which could allude to a Christmas 2020 release (aligning w/2K21).

In retrospect, 2K14 may have had the best balance between gameplay and graphics for its time, though it obviously lacked in terms of features. You'll never see that kind of balance again because of console limitations w/GPU, CPU, low memory RAM. But thank you 2K for trying...

A lot of the gaming industry is sacrificing graphics in favor of features and larger games in general. This is the case w/games like 2K, AC: Odyssey, Watch Dogs 2, etc. I turned on AC: Odyssey not long ago and the map is so big that sometimes you see undefined polygons (I'm talking rock textures and mountain terrains looking straight up hideous in some parts) ... Just BIG eye sores to say the least.
SlimFast_GymRat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 03:35 PM   #103
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2019
Re: NBA 2K20 wishlist thread

I need help badly. Running a myleague online, removed some inactive users now I canít invite anyone to fill the only open team in league.error code: 183d7094 . No matter how many invites Iíve sent no one can join and Iím stuck at 29 users, I really hope thereís a way to fix this, Iím not trying. To remake we had a successful draft with no glitch until this happened smh.

I really think this is a prime example that the whole MLO communityís is tired of this broken, game mode and weíd be willing to spend VC for a mode that actually works and the developers actually put it out without any bugs/glitches. Itís literally the only game mode they neglect this bad. Win win situation, they make money off the mode and we finally are able to play a MLO thatís actually works since like 2k12
BUCKYLu is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2019, 07:01 AM   #104
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2014
Re: NBA 2K20 wishlist thread

If they only change one thing its match making in JRC. It should be solo queue only and ideally mix the teams based on record and level / badges once you have 10 players in the "lobby"

I am so tired of solo queuing and being matched up with premade guys that have 500+ wins that should not be in JRC as a group

JRC or whatever they name it next year solo queue only.
Aricin is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:47 PM.
Top -