Home

NBA 2K14 (Next-Gen) vs NBA 2K19

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14 (Next-Gen) vs NBA 2K19 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-05-2019, 12:40 PM   #1
Rookie

Vazione's Arena

OVR: 0
NBA 2K14 (Next-Gen) vs NBA 2K19

I have seen this mentioned on the forum before, but god damn man. If anyone still has NBA 2K14 laying around (for XB1 or PS4), throw it in and look how incredible the game looked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Pq...ature=youtu.be

Court reflections, lighting, jerseys, body movement are all superior to 2K19.

I had read an article that 2K blew out their resources visually on the game and then had to scale back with the next iterations of the game.

Let me know if you think I am crazy or not.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-05-2019, 04:45 PM   #2
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Re: NBA 2K14 (Next-Gen) vs NBA 2K19

The lighting and the court reflections were good, I'll give you that. But everything else is better in 2K19. Visually, 2K16 is the best looking version this gen for me. 2K16 blows 2K14 out the water. Not only visually, but gameplay and mode wise, imo. But that was also the year the player models had those huge traps and ankles. The models just looked bulkier all around and too big for the court. I think that was also the year they had those annoying automatic shooting fouls.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-05-2019, 11:12 PM   #3
MVP

zello144's Arena

It's starting to show its age. I have a pro and it doesn't look as impressive anymore.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:00 AM   #4
Rookie

SlimFast_GymRat's Arena

If 2K14 had the depth 2K16 and up held in features, it would be the GOAT (and it definitely was for last-gen consoles).

Legacy issues are more prevalent in the recent games that's one thing...

But 2K14 is one of the only next-gen titles not littered with game-breaking patches that ruined its pristine condition. 2K16 is the overall "best" rendition (gameplay, graphics, responsiveness, presentation, features, etc.), but it was the beginning of the end from there. ��

I like 2K18 and 2K19, but the skating rivals every hockey game ever made. They haven't been able to master the game engine yet, which has bogged down the responsiveness of movement and in turn, ruins gameplay.

It all comes down to preference, though! For me, gameplay and graphics are the main foundation of criteria. Presentation, features, and so on are what make a game feel whole, but aren't what give me the lasting enjoyment I need to replay it. You can say 2K14 lacks the ideals of MyLeague, Historic Draft Classes, the Neighborhood, and Rachel DeMita but does it really matter if half of these features are broken or unfulfilling anyway?

Last edited by SlimFast_GymRat; 04-06-2019 at 11:01 AM.
Old 04-07-2019, 08:08 AM   #5
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
The lighting and the court reflections were good, I'll give you that. But everything else is better in 2K19. Visually, 2K16 is the best looking version this gen for me. 2K16 blows 2K14 out the water. Not only visually, but gameplay and mode wise, imo. But that was also the year the player models had those huge traps and ankles. The models just looked bulkier all around and too big for the court. I think that was also the year they had those annoying automatic shooting fouls.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
You're the first person I've heard say 16 is better looking than 14. No way. The courts , the faces,. The crisp colors ,14 is prettier. However I will submit 16 is still the better game.

The game today doesnt look as good,. But the newer 2k games certainly have more depth and animations. 2k14 had a ton of AI issues also and very lacking defensive AI schemes and calling plays were too basic.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2019, 04:07 PM   #6
MVP

KyotoCarl's Arena

OVR: 26

But the gameplay is much better in 2K19 and that's what matters, isn't it? Why would you wanna play an outdated game that doesn't have the features and controls of today?

My thoughts on how replays should be handled:
http://www.operationsports.com/Kyoto...plays-replays/
Old 04-07-2019, 06:51 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

aloncho11's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vazione
I have seen this mentioned on the forum before, but god damn man. If anyone still has NBA 2K14 laying around (for XB1 or PS4), throw it in and look how incredible the game looked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Pq...ature=youtu.be

Court reflections, lighting, jerseys, body movement are all superior to 2K19.

I had read an article that 2K blew out their resources visually on the game and then had to scale back with the next iterations of the game.

Let me know if you think I am crazy or not.

The jersey textures, player lighting, arena lighting, court reflections and skin textures in 2K14 are by far superior to 2K19.
Old 04-08-2019, 03:28 AM   #8
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by aloncho11
The jersey textures, player lighting, arena lighting, court reflections and skin textures in 2K14 are by far superior to 2K19.
^^^^ this is the only thing they need to bring back..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »