Home

Mike Wang Answering Some Questions From the Community in Latest NBA 2KTV Episode

This is a discussion on Mike Wang Answering Some Questions From the Community in Latest NBA 2KTV Episode within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-15-2019, 11:30 PM   #9
Pro

olajuwon34's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Mike Wang Answering Some Questions From the Community in Latest NBA 2KTV Episode

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk31
Especially as we have way too few Fouls in this game besides CPU reach in Fouls on braindead double Team attempts.
I swear 90% of shooting fouls only occur because the cpu or the user reached, iv seen the strip animation touch nothing but air and a foul is called, but an arm put completely through the player to block the shot is not called.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:19 PM   #10
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Mike Wang Answering Some Questions From the Community in Latest NBA 2KTV Episode

I wish they'd choose more "hard-hitting" questions to answer -- like when they are going to fix the broken player mentorship feature that they touted pre-launch.
Old 04-19-2019, 06:17 AM   #11
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
I wish they'd choose more "hard-hitting" questions to answer -- like when they are going to fix the broken player mentorship feature that they touted pre-launch.
Mike is a gameplay dev. Leftos or Erick Boenish (Simballer) would probably be the guys to ask about the ML bugs. Have they ever appeared on 2K TV and been asked questions? As for me, I havent monitored it extensively, but mentorship has worked for some of my players. I dont think every mentee should gain badges from their mentor. That would throw the league out of whack quickly. Id like personality badges like "all time great" or "hard worker"(whatever its callee) to factor into who is able to "learn". There should be a mentorship results tab in the offseason (maybe in on the progression results screen) that shows us who did or didn't gain anything. That could help clarify what's going on.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2019, 08:32 AM   #12
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Mike is a gameplay dev. Leftos or Erick Boenish (Simballer) would probably be the guys to ask about the ML bugs. Have they ever appeared on 2K TV and been asked questions? As for me, I havent monitored it extensively, but mentorship has worked for some of my players. I dont think every mentee should gain badges from their mentor. That would throw the league out of whack quickly. Id like personality badges like "all time great" or "hard worker"(whatever its callee) to factor into who is able to "learn". There should be a mentorship results tab in the offseason (maybe in on the progression results screen) that shows us who did or didn't gain anything. That could help clarify what's going on.

Mentorship has graphs that show when the player is supposed to earn the badge he is being mentored in. Unfortunately, the graph is always a lie unless the player was scripted to learn that badge anyway, regardless of having a mentor.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:40 AM   #13
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
Mentorship has graphs that show when the player is supposed to earn the badge he is being mentored in. Unfortunately, the graph is always a lie unless the player was scripted to learn that badge anyway, regardless of having a mentor.
So it is janky then. I never monitored it in depth. I know I had John Wall mentor a rookie PG, and now a few years later he has one of Walls badges.

Old 04-20-2019, 04:53 PM   #14
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

I’d ask Wang what is the reason with limiting us with 10 roster slots ? I had like 50 customized rosters for 2k13. Why do we always go backwards?
Old 04-21-2019, 08:57 AM   #15
Just some dude...

BobbyColtrane's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
I'd definitely be down for more off ball actions. And in terms of bringing things back from the older games, they need to bring back the shade stance from 2k14 and the quick steps from 2k15. Why remove these options and make the on ball defense feel more bland smh
The shade to one side was big. I really miss being able to shade the strong hand on dominant scorers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-21-2019, 11:34 AM   #16
MVP

OVR: 25

Hope they fixed MyLeague because, drafting & drafting time was off when you played with friends. It wasn't an issue in 18 but became damn near impossible to select your own players in 19.

Movement is another issue. They need to fix the issue with defenders having their back towards the basket at all times. There'll be instances where the ball handler passes it to man inside & as a defender I can't turn around to defend. I don't get it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »