Home

Will 2k20 make it possible to make a "Zion" myplayer build?

This is a discussion on Will 2k20 make it possible to make a "Zion" myplayer build? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
eFootball PES 2020 Demo Arrives on July 30, Details Here
EA Access Coming to PlayStation 4 on July 24
What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20

Old 04-14-2019, 08:30 AM   #1
Rookie

KG5FromTheBean's Arena

OVR: 0
Will 2k20 make it possible to make a "Zion" myplayer build?

6-9, 290-300 lbs, but incredible vert and speed? I tried making him on 2k19but the build is just too slow at that weight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2019, 09:23 AM   #2
Rookie

Iasounis's Arena

Re: Will 2k20 make it possible to make a "Zion" myplayer build?

I'd bet 'no' since the archetype system isn't designed to allow all-star/superstar players to be replicated.
Old 04-14-2019, 12:21 PM   #3
Pro

howardphillips214's Arena

I doubt he stays at 285 in the pros. He'll probably trim it down to 270 easy once he gets with a pro trainer. He needs to adjust his diet too. Heard he eats a ton of fast food. But you're also being very generous calling him 6'9. I heard 6'7 at best. So where do you play him? Personally, I'd put him at the 3 with shooters at the 4 and 5. I dont think he would be as successful if hes guarding 7 footers all game taking it out on him on defrnse. Its also about what team he goes to. If he goes to the Knicks[he says he doesnt wanna play in NY] then you better hope he has a speedy guard like DSJ to run PNR with him. Until he proves he can be a 30 percent shooter or b3tter in the pros, 5hey're just going to hang off him clogging the paint.

I have a 6'8 shot creating slasher and he's pretty worthless online. In career hes a beast. But online slashers are severely underpowered. He will need to be an instant all star to make dramatic changes to the game. I just dont see it.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:31 PM   #4
Pro

zello144's Arena

I want a Shaq build 7'1 370 Pounds 2003-04 Shaq.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:12 PM   #5
Pro

howardphillips214's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by zello144
I want a Shaq build 7'1 370 Pounds 2003-04 Shaq.
I ran a 7' 294 lb pure athletic last year. He was an in shorter than real rookie shaq was. But man, oh man, was he fun. One of my first builds this year was a pure athletic 6'10 275 lb PF. The differences were striking.

With the nerf to bigs finishing inside and the blow by animation essentially gone, that build was rendered completely useless.

Its nice if you can get close to those builds you want with height/weight. But if the mechanics dont honor the badges and ratings then its hard to justify those builds online.

I can play career with my pure athletic and drop 50 on the cpu getting dunk after dunk. But when I play online, I'm lucky to score in the tens. Even putbacks are damn near impossible and thats supposed to be what athletic bigs do best.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2019, 05:19 PM   #6
Rookie

highlights just how limited the archetype system is. if my player is a 90+ overall he should play like the giannis, lebron, kd, steph, harden, ad's, etc..

and if those examples are too extreme then they should at least play like a pg, dame lillard, kyrie, kawhi, etc.

players who can shoot off the dribble are to slow and slashers are too slow. so a 90+ overall feels like a low 80s rated player
Old 04-14-2019, 08:23 PM   #7
Rookie

Iasounis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiltShake
highlights just how limited the archetype system is. if my player is a 90+ overall he should play like the giannis, lebron, kd, steph, harden, ad's, etc..

and if those examples are too extreme then they should at least play like a pg, dame lillard, kyrie, kawhi, etc.

players who can shoot off the dribble are to slow and slashers are too slow. so a 90+ overall feels like a low 80s rated player
Actually, this is by design.

Didn't play MyPlayer before 2k17 (offline player before), but from what I understand, before having archetypes everyone had demi gods at 7+ft. To combat that and bring balance to the game, they installed the current system. Simply put, this system has us all using glorified role players. So asking for 'Shaq', 'Kobe', 'MJ', 'Lebron', etc. builds really doesn't exist. We can somewhat make them relative to other Myplayers, but no build can replicate how dominant superstar players are. Again, it's by design.
Old 04-14-2019, 11:13 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

2K20 needs to separate and better distinguish the ball control and speed with ball ratings on MyPlayer archetypes. Right now, those two ratings are linked together to where they will always stay equally rated across all archetypes (i.e., if your ball control rating is 80, then your speed with ball will also be 80).

Slashers should have the highest speed with ball rating in the game, but that should be balanced out by having low ball control that prevents them from unlocking the pro dribble moves and poor offensive skills aside from dunks and layups.

Shot creators should have high ball control (but not as good as playmakers) and the best finesse skills (floaters and contested/moving middies), but weak at contact dunks/layups, and their speed with ball should be mediocre, making them more of a half-court scoring threat than a full-court runner like the slasher and playmaker.

Playmakers should have the highest possible ball control and a good speed with ball (but not as good as the slasher), and their shooting and scoring capabilities shouldn't be reliable aside from wide open layups.

Last edited by jyoung; 04-14-2019 at 11:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »