Home

The Lebron James System

This is a discussion on The Lebron James System within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murray’s Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2019, 01:11 PM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2017
Blog Entries: 1
The Lebron James System

In an offline MyLeague, how would you best emulate and optimise "The Lebron James System" with the Lakers?

If you don't know what I mean, it's the system he played in Cleveland, where almost everything runs through Lebron. Basically just Lebron either pumping the ball on the perimeter, or him slowly backing inside to the high post. Surrounding him is three shooters spotting up along the perimeter along with one big man inside. If the defence sags on any of the shooters, Lebron kicks the ball to him. If not, Lebron assesses his own defender. If he sags, Bron shoots, and if he plays tight, Bron tries to take it to the rim where he either finishes or gets fouled. If a double team arrives, Bron kicks it to the now open teammate who will either be a shooter or the big man under the basket. Another option entirely is just Lebron getting a screen from the big man, driving inside, and then either finish, get fouled, kick it outside if help arrives, or find the big man rolling.

In theory, it's just a very slow version of what Houston and D'Antoni is running with James Harden. Without the extreme analytical (dunks, threes, layups, free throws) approach too I guess.

How would you perfect this system in terms of settings? What system should the coach have equipped and what coaching settings should I chose? I've played a few games, and I think Luke Waltons pace&space style needs to go!
FadeawayJay is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2019, 03:03 PM   #2
Pro
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jul 2010
Re: The Lebron James System

bron is a point guard and has been one since highschool. There is no lebron system he runs w/e the coach does. Systems are for role players not stars.
loso_34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2019, 02:33 AM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2019
Re: The Lebron James System

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
bron is a point guard and has been one since highschool. There is no lebron system he runs w/e the coach does. Systems are for role players not stars.
lol.........................
HBKSean216 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2019, 01:34 AM   #4
Rookie
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Feb 2012
Re: The Lebron James System

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeawayJay
In an offline MyLeague, how would you best emulate and optimise "The Lebron James System" with the Lakers?

If you don't know what I mean, it's the system he played in Cleveland, where almost everything runs through Lebron. Basically just Lebron either pumping the ball on the perimeter, or him slowly backing inside to the high post. Surrounding him is three shooters spotting up along the perimeter along with one big man inside. If the defence sags on any of the shooters, Lebron kicks the ball to him. If not, Lebron assesses his own defender. If he sags, Bron shoots, and if he plays tight, Bron tries to take it to the rim where he either finishes or gets fouled. If a double team arrives, Bron kicks it to the now open teammate who will either be a shooter or the big man under the basket. Another option entirely is just Lebron getting a screen from the big man, driving inside, and then either finish, get fouled, kick it outside if help arrives, or find the big man rolling.

In theory, it's just a very slow version of what Houston and D'Antoni is running with James Harden. Without the extreme analytical (dunks, threes, layups, free throws) approach too I guess.

How would you perfect this system in terms of settings? What system should the coach have equipped and what coaching settings should I chose? I've played a few games, and I think Luke Waltons pace&space style needs to go!
you know the rockets are in the bottom 5 in pace right?
danzy678 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2019, 11:52 AM   #5
Pro
 
Funkycorm's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: Ohio
Re: The Lebron James System

A few easy steps.

1. Surround him with players he picks and to bad contracts.

2. Add the 14 other players on your team to the trade block

3. Offer the Pelicans bad deals for AD

4. Fire your entire staff.


Seriously though, try changing his position to point guard. He will bring the ball up court more than he would as a forward with play initiator to yes.
Funkycorm is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2019, 12:03 PM   #6
Rookie
 
Big Bankhead's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Houston,Texas
Re: The Lebron James System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkycorm
A few easy steps.

1. Surround him with players he picks and to bad contracts.

2. Add the 14 other players on your team to the trade block

3. Offer the Pelicans bad deals for AD

4. Fire your entire staff.


Seriously though, try changing his position to point guard. He will bring the ball up court more than he would as a forward with play initiator to yes.
LMFAO, I couldn’t have said it any better myself.
__________________
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Cowboys!
Ravens!

Lakers!
Rockets!
Yankees!
Astros!
Big Bankhead is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:10 PM   #7
Fear is the Unknown
 
jeebs9's Arena
 
OVR: 34
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 23,854
Re: The Lebron James System

Quote:
Originally Posted by FadeawayJay
In an offline MyLeague, how would you best emulate and optimise "The Lebron James System" with the Lakers?

If you don't know what I mean, it's the system he played in Cleveland, where almost everything runs through Lebron. Basically just Lebron either pumping the ball on the perimeter, or him slowly backing inside to the high post. Surrounding him is three shooters spotting up along the perimeter along with one big man inside. If the defence sags on any of the shooters, Lebron kicks the ball to him. If not, Lebron assesses his own defender. If he sags, Bron shoots, and if he plays tight, Bron tries to take it to the rim where he either finishes or gets fouled. If a double team arrives, Bron kicks it to the now open teammate who will either be a shooter or the big man under the basket. Another option entirely is just Lebron getting a screen from the big man, driving inside, and then either finish, get fouled, kick it outside if help arrives, or find the big man rolling.

In theory, it's just a very slow version of what Houston and D'Antoni is running with James Harden. Without the extreme analytical (dunks, threes, layups, free throws) approach too I guess.

How would you perfect this system in terms of settings? What system should the coach have equipped and what coaching settings should I chose? I've played a few games, and I think Luke Waltons pace&space style needs to go!
First Luke Pace and Space is what the Warriors run. What the Heat ran with when they had LeBron (Erika Spo). So it's not his lol. It's the same offense Alvin Gentry runs for the Pels. It's the same offense that the Warriors ran when he was assistant coach of the Warriors the first 2 years they went to the championship.

What James Harden is running. Is the offense from 05 Suns. Just without the 7 seconds offense. Now they just take as many 3's as they possible can in the offense.

Finally, LeBron is a point forward. The only time he was a point guard was his first year in the league. The Pace and Space will add years to LeBron's career. Just like the triangle did for MJ. Tha'ts why the Lakers kind of fell apart. Too many injuries. You can't blame that on Luke. When LeBron came back he tried to going "LeBron System mode". But the team was never build like that.
__________________
Hands Down....Man Down - 2k9 memories
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IHP_5GUBQo
jeebs9 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 02:42 PM   #8
Pro
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Jul 2010
Re: The Lebron James System

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
First Luke Pace and Space is what the Warriors run. What the Heat ran with when they had LeBron (Erika Spo). So it's not his lol. It's the same offense Alvin Gentry runs for the Pels. It's the same offense that the Warriors ran when he was assistant coach of the Warriors the first 2 years they went to the championship.

What James Harden is running. Is the offense from 05 Suns. Just without the 7 seconds offense. Now they just take as many 3's as they possible can in the offense.

Finally, LeBron is a point forward. The only time he was a point guard was his first year in the league. The Pace and Space will add years to LeBron's career. Just like the triangle did for MJ. Tha'ts why the Lakers kind of fell apart. Too many injuries. You can't blame that on Luke. When LeBron came back he tried to going "LeBron System mode". But the team was never build like that.
theres no difference between a point forward or a point guard. Lebron is the guy running the offense. every point hes played with either was a scorer or 3+d (snow,mo will, kyrie, chalmers). dude turned lonzo into a spot up shooter cause like i said lebron no matter who is at the 1 is the pg.
loso_34 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 PM.

Top -