Home

Deep distance three

This is a discussion on Deep distance three within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-24-2019, 03:39 PM   #9
MVP

WarMMA's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Deep distance three

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrestlinggod1
I'm so pissed that Lillard made that shot last night.. We can go months without getting a shot like that. As soon as one is made, it's justification to have it in the game. And people want to make it consistently, as opposed to the lower percentage that it is IRL.
I'm pissed he made the shot too cuz it sent my team packing, but if we're being honest after a shooting performance like that over this series, Dame does deserve those badges at HOF. He's made multiple deep 3's against us in this series and showed Curry like range. If that's not justification enough, then what is? It's lower percentage for most other's yes, but not for Dame. He prooved in that series that he can hit those shots more often than others cuz he has that kind of range. In fact, he hit another deep shot very similar to the game winning one in the 3rd quarter of that final game.

Last edited by WarMMA; 04-24-2019 at 04:09 PM.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:19 PM   #10
Rookie

Many players hits deep three in modern era. A part Damian Lillard and Steph Curry I remember KD near the logo (plus foul) vs Gallinari in the last game.
I thought about this post before the Lillard’s performance of the last night, obviously today is the right day for posting it.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:27 PM   #11
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

The problem isn't "should they hit it"? Of course.... But how regularly? I feel they shouldn't EVER be greens. That's a prayer shot in it's essence. Sure... It could go in. But not at a 60 percent clip like it is in this game. If you have to play defense out to the 35 foot mark and literally smother them in hopes of stifling it, then stretches and sharps,shouldnt be able,to,raise up over 2,defenders in a pick and,pop situation and,green with a hand up.

If you watch most of those clips, lillard's defender is on the line or inside it. He's not launching that with a hand in his jersey. You can live with Curry or Lillard taking those shots because the big shouldnt be doubling or hedging the screen from 35 feet out. That generates entirely too much space to exploit. There has to be a return of the cat and mouse in this game. If I have to try and take away a 35 foot jumper consistently there is no defense in thw game or life that can combat that. It literally breaks the game of basketball. It's hard enough sticking to below average shooters in fear they will hit a high clip if left open. Being terrified of giving up good looks at the half court line is literally,game breaking. People ne ed to realize that "knockdown" is better than 2/6. 33% or better in the NBA means you have to keep a body on them. In this game, having to stay glued to everyone is bad enough. Having to completely bemd your defense out to cater to stretches is like having a 1 button knock out every move without a,counter. That's like running a hail mary in Madden and having a 70 percent completion percentage on those throws.

What rpg game has a single class that can 1v1 in PVP and decimate anyone else for not choosing that specific class? If I played chess and got a check mate in 1 move every game?

It makes the word "competition" an insult. It removes all purpose in having other classes(e.g.. Post scorers, slasher).

I really wish we could find a medium.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2019, 08:08 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimFast_GymRat
Lol he probably means specifically for anomalies like Lillard, because other than Curry, he is the only one to shoot at least 39% from that range (30-40 ft).
Gilbert arenas is another.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwKRwcQBRdG/

these guys are aberrations however and i doubt dame shot that well from the logo during the season. How can you give dame the same badges as steph when hes never shot at the same clip off the dribble or above the break
Old 04-24-2019, 08:15 PM   #13
MVP

UnbelievablyRAW's Arena

OVR: 5

If 2k cared about balance those shots would be makable but only when the shooter has the sharpshooter takeover active. If you want to see that shot made right now consistently just play MyTeam against Pink Diamond Gilbert Arenas and watch him shoot damn near half court shots at a 60% clip

While we're talking about takeover, I wish completing multiple actions in a row associated with the takeover would extend it. Like if you hit 2 3's in a row while sharpshooter is active you get an extra 5 seconds. Just like you can wait out a takeover by calling timeouts or taking long with the ball, the offensive player should be able to extend it by continuing to bust *** with it
Old 04-24-2019, 08:24 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnbelievablyRAW
If 2k cared about balance those shots would be makable but only when the shooter has the sharpshooter takeover active. If you want to see that shot made right now consistently just play MyTeam against Pink Diamond Gilbert Arenas and watch him shoot damn near half court shots at a 60% clip

While we're talking about takeover, I wish completing multiple actions in a row associated with the takeover would extend it. Like if you hit 2 3's in a row while sharpshooter is active you get an extra 5 seconds. Just like you can wait out a takeover by calling timeouts or taking long with the ball, the offensive player should be able to extend it by continuing to bust *** with it
Being able to trigger takeover when we choose like in MyCareer would be nice too
Old 04-24-2019, 10:10 PM   #15
MVP

wrestlinggod1's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
That's not a low percentage shot for Lillard at all, but it is for everyone else except for Curry. Logo Lillard is a thing for a reason.

You can be pissed all you want at the casual fans but don't take anything away from my Lillard - us Portland fans have suffered long enough.

And yes he does deserve HOF Deep Range deadeye and HOF Limitless undoubtedly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMMA
I'm pissed he made the shot too cuz it sent my team packing, but if we're being honest after a shooting performance like that over this series, Dame does deserve those badges at HOF. He's made multiple deep 3's against us in this series and showed Curry like range. If that's not justification enough, then what is? It's lower percentage for most other's yes, but not for Dame. He prooved in that series that he can hit those shots more often than others cuz he has that kind of range. In fact, he hit another deep shot very similar to the game winning one in the 3rd quarter of that final game.

Calm down bud. I think you read into my response a little bit too much. I said nothing negative about Lillard. I was simply stating that people who play the game will complain when they can't make those types of shots consistently. Unless you're using Lillard or Steph Curry, it's still a low percentage shot that shouldn't be hit consistently.

Go MIAMI Teams!!

Last edited by wrestlinggod1; 04-24-2019 at 10:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2019, 11:53 PM   #16
Nogueira connoisseur

Find_the_Door's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by loso_34
Gilbert arenas is another.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwKRwcQBRdG/

these guys are aberrations however and i doubt dame shot that well from the logo during the season. How can you give dame the same badges as steph when hes never shot at the same clip off the dribble or above the break
Because Dame does shoot well from there and also Curry has 99 three right? Lillard has 83.... that will influence how often

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »