Home

Be warned - 2k19 potentially broke my Xbox

This is a discussion on Be warned - 2k19 potentially broke my Xbox within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-30-2019, 04:40 PM   #1
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

OVR: 0
Be warned - 2k19 potentially broke my Xbox

So the other day i’m playing Red Dead 2 after taking a break from 2k for about a day, and decide that i’m gonna hop back on to play some MyLeague. I put the disc in but I keep getting the message “NBA 2k19 took too long to start”. No big deal, happens a lot. Usually can be easily fixed by restarting your console.

So I restart my Xbox and once everything is booted back up, something is immediately off: the screen is very dull and my controller doesn’t want to connect to the Xbox when I try to turn it on.

At this point i’m thinking whatever, probably just some bull**** glitch. Unplug my Xbox and leave it unplugged while I go to the store. Come back 15 minutes later, plug it back in, turn it on, same thing happens. This is the point where i’m getting pissed off.

I try numerous things, none of which work, until I try taking the disc out and then restarting the console. My Xbox boots back up and now I’m just getting a gray screen with nothing on it.

I call Microsoft support, they’re useless. I contact 2k support, they’re useless. Now i’ve been left with a bricked console for the past 2 days that I have no ****ing clue what to do with. Not sure if it’s a bug with 2k or a bug on Xbox’s end that happens when you try to play 2k, but this is my warning to Xbox users that you may want to proceed with caution until this is addressed (if it even is addressed, for all I know it could be a one in a million bug that I somehow got lucky enough to come across, but I figured i’d let you guys know about it just in case)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-30-2019, 08:59 PM   #2
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

Re: Be warned - 2k19 potentially broke my Xbox

I know the console war is pretty much over.... But my ps4 has been great since 2014. Just say in....
Old 04-30-2019, 09:28 PM   #3
MVP

Azamien's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Not sure if it’s a bug with 2k or a bug on Xbox’s end that happens when you try to play 2k
It's far more likely that your XBox suffered some kind of failure and the fact that you were trying to play NBA2K was just a coincidence.
Old 04-30-2019, 11:39 PM   #4
MVP

nova91's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
It's far more likely that your XBox suffered some kind of failure and the fact that you were trying to play NBA2K was just a coincidence.
2k10 or one of the earlier ones this decade caused the RROD on 2 of my 360s. I remember getting banned from the 2K forums and OS for bringing this up.
Old 05-01-2019, 12:25 AM   #5
Pro

JoFri's Arena

Damn sh*t like this happen. Hate it
I rem having problem with the 2K14 disc and it wont work after a few months of playing. Brought back to the store and said cannot be exchanged.

Whats next for u, PC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-01-2019, 02:18 AM   #6
MVP

tru11's Arena

Been rolling with the playstation since 1996 and only my ps2 broke down once in 2008 just before COD WAW got released.
Old 05-01-2019, 06:46 AM   #7
MVP

VAWereWolf65's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azamien
This is what I was thinking, but I didn’t want to not say anything and then have other people mess up their consoles too
Old 05-01-2019, 02:22 PM   #8
Rookie

BasketBalla21's Arena

That message used to pop up on my Xbox with 2k17(no other game, just that one).

It never bricked my system but it was pretty annoying.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »