Home

2K19 Rep System

This is a discussion on 2K19 Rep System within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
Draft Day Sports: College Basketball 2019 Review (PC)
Which Four Modern NFL Teams Would Dominate NFL Street?
How Kyler Murray’s Decision Impacts MLB The Show and Madden NFL 20
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-07-2019, 11:50 AM   #1
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
2K19 Rep System

Does anyone else think the Rep System this year was kind of a step back? I thought it was cool how they separated Park from Walk-On/Pro-Am but the way you rank up and down doesn’t seem very well developed. I maintain around 65% Win percentage in both modes, although I barely play Park, and have basically bounced between Amateur 2 and 3 the entire year. I play almost entirely with randoms and there doesn’t appear to be anyway for me to progress further in Rep. I understood why they wanted to move away from guys with 1000-2700 records being called “Legends” but this new algorithm seems pretty demotivating since you basically have to have a 3-1 win/loss ratio just to move up from Amateur.

Disclaimer: I know Rep isn’t a particularly meaningful identifier and I definitely don’t lose sleep over it. I just think if you’re going to have it in the game, it should have a system of progression that actually allows the majority of the player base to participate in it.
Thrustie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-07-2019, 12:07 PM   #2
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2009
2K19 Rep System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrustie
Does anyone else think the Rep System this year was kind of a step back? I thought it was cool how they separated Park from Walk-On/Pro-Am but the way you rank up and down doesn’t seem very well developed. I maintain around 65% Win percentage in both modes, although I barely play Park, and have basically bounced between Amateur 2 and 3 the entire year. I play almost entirely with randoms and there doesn’t appear to be anyway for me to progress further in Rep. I understood why they wanted to move away from guys with 1000-2700 records being called “Legends” but this new algorithm seems pretty demotivating since you basically have to have a 3-1 win/loss ratio just to move up from Amateur.



Disclaimer: I know Rep isn’t a particularly meaningful identifier and I definitely don’t lose sleep over it. I just think if you’re going to have it in the game, it should have a system of progression that actually allows the majority of the player base to participate in it.


It’s basically just the amount of games played.
I’ve played around 500 games of park(half way to Pro 2), the majority with randoms, and have a pretty decent record. However, I frequently see “Elites” and “Pros” with vastly negative records.
This system isn’t based one what one would consider as an elite player.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
awg811 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:27 PM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Re: 2K19 Rep System

Quote:
Originally Posted by awg811
It’s basically just the amount of games played.
I’ve played around 500 games of park(half way to Pro 2), the majority with randoms, and have a pretty decent record. However, I frequently see “Elites” and “Pros” with vastly negative records.
This system isn’t based one what one would consider as an elite player.


Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I just checked and it looks like you’re right for Park Rep. It’s weird because in Rec, I only ever see Pros with high win ratios. Guys with losing records are rarely higher than Amateur 1, even with a ton of games.
Thrustie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 03:42 PM   #4
Pro
 
howardphillips214's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2018
Re: 2K19 Rep System

What is funny is 90 % of the people who play this game are under .500. I have a lot of quits in the rec due to randoms, i wont finish the game if I'm down 30 in the first half if I dont know my teammates. But I'm still 40 wins above .500 in rec. There are millions of people under .500 and I'm the same rank as them? Sure, i dont have the gawdy win percentage needed to be a pro. But out of 6-700 games and maintaining a .500 record im still the lowest tier of player at amateur 1?
howardphillips214 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 04:25 PM   #5
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2016
Re: 2K19 Rep System

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardphillips214
What is funny is 90 % of the people who play this game are under .500. I have a lot of quits in the rec due to randoms, i wont finish the game if I'm down 30 in the first half if I dont know my teammates. But I'm still 40 wins above .500 in rec. There are millions of people under .500 and I'm the same rank as them? Sure, i dont have the gawdy win percentage needed to be a pro. But out of 6-700 games and maintaining a .500 record im still the lowest tier of player at amateur 1?
Yeah this is what I’m getting at. I basically never see anyone above Amateur in Rec unless it’s a group of Pros all playing together who are obviously coming in as a pre-made to rollover randoms. I think they need to change the algorithm for Rep ranks in Rec because, like you alluded to, maintaining a positive differential in Rec is pretty damn good if you’re genuinely playing mostly alone. Having Pro or higher as almost unattainable for anyone running Rec alone seems kind of counterintuitive.
Thrustie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-08-2019, 06:59 AM   #6
Rookie
 
Bulletproof86's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2015
Blog Entries: 1
Re: 2K19 Rep System

I dont like this reputation system for many reasons: (only for Park)


1. this status dont say anything about your skills
2. this avoid people from playing the games, instead they are checking the phones and run up and down the courts to find an "easy" opponent.
3. you dont get anything for this status, (no reward) so why people looking for this rep?


I am PG 97 and Pro 3 with ~1000-600 and I play with everybody against anybody, the reason why??? I just wanna play man, instead of staying around and waiting and wasting my time with non sense record.


The only criterium for me personally is the position, FG% and teammate grade.


a) Position, because I dont wanna play with 2 other small guards if im using a PG
b) FG% shows you how constant is a player on offense
c) Teammate grade, important to see if somebody is playing defense and team basketball instead of running the whole time ISO and not switching etc...
__________________
"Talent win games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships..."

- Michael GOAT Jordan -

Last edited by Bulletproof86; 05-08-2019 at 07:32 AM.
Bulletproof86 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2019, 08:15 AM   #7
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Nov 2015
Re: 2K19 Rep System

Rep system is super inconsistent but I will say Park Rep is much better/accurate than JRC rep. I'm an Elite 3 in Park with 700 games played and a 85 Win % but only a Pro 1 in JRC with 675 games played and a 75 Win %. I should at least be a Pro 3 in Jordan Rec. Your rep takes a HUGE hit if you lose in Jordan Rec because most players are Amateurs. If you lose 1 game and your rep goes down, it takes about 15-20 straight Wins to get it back up. It's crazy

I'm hoping 2k goes back to the old rep system like it was in NBA 2k16. Take this road to 99 BS out and remove public player cards. It's horrible.
Korrupted is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:11 AM.

Top -